Do you have a few good links?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Do you have a few good links?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

I'm going to stick this thread for a while.

Can you post a few good links that you find helpful, useful, or just plain brilliant when it comes to finding that tidbit of breitling/watch related information we all spend hours hunting for. We know that WatchUseek has a links page but the web is a big place and there are myriad sources being developed every day. What have you come across? Show and tell .

Addendum...

The Breitling Jet Team offical site...

http://www.breitling-jet-team.com/
    Last edited by SnapIT; July 29th, 2006 at 10:18.
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Hidden Content
    Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Hidden Content

Re: Do you have a few good links?

[QUOTE=SnapIT]I'm going to stick this thread for a while.

:oops: mirriad is actually spelled "myriad".
    Last edited by SnapIT; May 26th, 2006 at 09:46.

[QUOTE=BIG CHRONO]
    Quote Originally Posted by SnapIT
    I'm going to stick this thread for a while.

:oops: mirriad is actually spelled "myriad".
    Hehe I flunked spell checking !

and it seems replying to posts instead of editing the originals :oops: :oops: .
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by SnapIT
    Can you post a few good links that you find helpful, useful, or just plain brilliant when it comes to finding that tidbit of breitling/watch related information we all spend hours hunting for.
    Hi SnapIT,

I particularly find this one very useful when it comes to vintage movements... http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...&ranfft&0&uswk. JUst type in the calibre name or number or whatever you know about it, and it'll list you everything that matches (no complete, but almost).

This one, I guess everyone knows it http://search.antiqnet.com/cgi-bin/t...14&scode=nosbr

Apart from that, websites directly pointing at Breitling watches... not so many, at least nowhere close to WUS in terms of owners enthusiasm and knowledge

If I was to rename the WUS, I'd call it the BOPA (Breitling Owners and Pilots Association) :-D

Seb

I stumbled on this site when I was looking for MSRP price info and this site is exactly offering that and more for a lot of brands:

La Coté des Montres

Kind regards,

Cinq

Don't know it it falls in this category - but I try to maintain pages about my watches on a web site:

They contain pictures and facts gleaned from discussion fora and personal experience with these timepieces. Suggestions and corrections welcome! Hope these may help somebody someday, or even bring me back sweet memories in the distant future...

Cheers, Don

Quote Originally Posted by Don Indiano
    Don't know it it falls in this category - but I try to maintain pages about my watches on a web site:

They contain pictures and facts gleaned from discussion fora and personal experience with these timepieces. Suggestions and corrections welcome! Hope these may help somebody someday, or even bring me back sweet memories in the distant future...

Cheers, Don

Hi Don,

This falls very nicely into the catagory!
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hi All - I just joined this forum to share the abbreviated instructions that I wrote today as a handy reference for my new Aerospace.

On some forum that I stumbled into recently, some people were questioning the ease of operation of the Aerospace. I didn't agree with what they were saying, because the problem with most watches that have multiple buttons is remembering what each button does and which sequence of button actions will perform the desired operation. That situation is improved on some watches when the function of each button in each mode is shown in the LCD display(s), but even though my Citizen Navihawk does that, I have to use a magnifying glass to read those tiny labels.

With the Aerospace, certain aspects of operation are intuitive and don't need to be explained in the written instructions, except possibly for the first time you go through it. In particular, it is obvious that in general, you pull out the crown and then turn it to set the time, date, etc. Likewise, as soon as you experience that turning it faster changes the hour, or the month, and that turning it slower changes the minute, or the date, you no longer need to be told that in the instructions. Conversely, there are a small number of actions that are not so obvious. So, I went through the instruction manual and wrote a quick reference quide, then deleted every thing in it that seemed glaringly obvious, and here is what I ended up with:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    12/24 hr: Select T2. Press once, and ‘A’ or ‘P’ at right indicates 12h. Press twice to toggle.
    Time: After pushing back in, push to set seconds to zero.
    Month & Date: Select seconds/date.
    Day: Select day/date. Language used is indicated at right.
    A/D synch: Select neutral. Move hands in half-minute steps to match digital.
    Alarm: Press to toggle between AL and OF, press/hold to test.
    Chronograph: Press to start/stop, press/hold to reset (no lap function).
    Countdown timer: After setting, press back in to start, press/hold to cancel.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

I am confident that anyone who owns the Aerospace and who has ever gone through the instructions even one time, will not find anything lacking in this abbreviated set of instructions. I formatted this in a .rtf file in two pages so that, when printed on the front and back of a single sheet, can be trimmed and laminated so that it can be carried in my wallet. I converted that file to .pdf, and if I am successful in uploading it, then for as long as this forum will preserve the uploaded file, other Aerospace owners may find it useful to download the file and make a handy wallet card for themselves.

-Kaiser Soze
    Attached Images Attached Images

EJC

ORBITA Site - caliber winding directions

Elliot
    "It's 5 O'Clock somewhere!"
    Hidden Content

New watch, new pages: Still needs some more work, but fairly stable now.
    Thanks for reading! Cheers, Don

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information