Last Breitling I will ever buy - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Last Breitling I will ever buy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Last Breitling I will ever buy

They replaced the digital module in the lower section of the watch and did a complete service. The car analogy does not fly in my book. If you just spent 100K on a new Mercedes and drove it for a month and the motor died, and they fixed it and it died again, your telling me you would be fine with that. Sorry, don't think so. If we were talking about a hundred dollar watch I could understand but this is a six thousand dollar instrument that should run flawlessly. As to the abuse question, the watch is a daily worn watch that sits with me at a desk for most of the day and in its leather case most of the time. I am not diving or flying with it even though it is designed for that apparently. I think it is a flaw in the design or I just have a bad watch, either way I would have expected Nordstrom level support, not another few weeks without my watch while they fix the same thing. First time I get, and I was fine with it, second time, they should have just replaced it.
    arcadelt and tnjohn like this.

That sucks man. I really like those, but were wary of the digital part and quart movement. You might have convinced me to stay away from that model. I owned a Super Ocean in the past and it ran like a tank.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I would stick with the Mechanical Breitlings. Electronic anything is more prone to a short circuit. That said at least they are not leaving you with a broken watch so I can think of worse service imo.

Banned

Did you buy it online or on actually a street store?
    This is really my fear wen buying online if the seller is crap you are done.
    On a real street store you can just ask for the complains book and rant so it hurts their image and they are obligated to give you a new one
    Quote Originally Posted by superpop View Post
    Purchased a new B50 from an AD 6 months ago and two months in the lower LCD started acting glitchy and not displaying all of the pixels. Sent it back in for repair and they fixed it and now it is doing it again. Called them up and asked for a replacement and all they can offer is to fix it again. This will be my 3rd and last Breitling as there is clearly an issue here and rather than swapping my 6 month old watch for a new one, they want to keep trying to fix mine. Meanwhile my warranty is burning up and I do not have use of this very expensive watch for weeks at a time. Very disappointed in the lack of customer service.

I purchased this watch in person at an AD in Portland, OR. They have been very nice but have not offered to replace the watch and directed me to Breitling.

I feel your pain and the car analogy never works with me. If you pay that money for a new watch, you should be wearing it right now and not having to send it back so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_957 View Post
    IMO it is not reasonable to ask Breitling or the AD for an exchange, but they should certainly repair the piece free of charge. If you buy a car and the car has a defect the manufacturer don't replace the entire car lol they replace the defective part.
    And not that I doubt OPs sincerity, but to have the same issue twice obviously points out either a defect which wasn't addressed in the original service repair or user abuse.
    I respect your opinion however, I do not agree with the car analogy. If you buy a new mechanical watch, you expect it to function for 5 years without grief. I'd expect the same from a quartz watch. I've had to deal with a faulty new car and I wasn't happy about it believe me, but at least I got the car back from service the same day. I've read about a 4-6 week turnaround time with BUSA, so basically you don't have a watch for 6 weeks and it loses value because its been opened up. That's not good craftsmanship, value for money or quality.

That suck man, I just hope it get fixed soon. I can only imagine how irritated and sad you would would be about the purchase.
    Time is an illusion.
    Albert Einstein

That is lame, what a bummer!

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

Ok, I think we have ventilated this topic to the edge of useful comment. Let's hear from the OP when the patient returns from the ICU. Thread closed.
    O2AFAC67 likes this.
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Hidden Content
    Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information