Last Breitling I will ever buy
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Last Breitling I will ever buy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Last Breitling I will ever buy

Purchased a new B50 from an AD 6 months ago and two months in the lower LCD started acting glitchy and not displaying all of the pixels. Sent it back in for repair and they fixed it and now it is doing it again. Called them up and asked for a replacement and all they can offer is to fix it again. This will be my 3rd and last Breitling as there is clearly an issue here and rather than swapping my 6 month old watch for a new one, they want to keep trying to fix mine. Meanwhile my warranty is burning up and I do not have use of this very expensive watch for weeks at a time. Very disappointed in the lack of customer service.

Re: Last Breitling I will ever buy

Did you have problems with the other two and were they quartz too?
    Breitling A13330 | Breitling A13024.1 | Breitling A35330 | Breitling A68362 | Breitling 806 | Girard-Perregaux 49585-11-131 | Panerai PAM 116 | Panerai PAM 069 | Omega 3570.50 | Omega 3569.31 | Omega 3570.40 | Rolex 116610 | Zenith 03.2240

I had a B-1 back in 2004 and I also have a SOH Chrono 44 that has been great. Ironically I purchased the SOH from Costco so if I ever have a problem with that one I can simply return it but I thought I would start buying from AD's with my new watches. I am just surprised that they would not replace it after two identical service issues on a very new watch. Losing some faith in the brand to be honest.

What country are you from? I'd hope it happens a third time within a year and can somehow factor the lemon law into this, and get a brand new one for free. I hope it works out for you.

I've heard of the brand's lack of regard in terms of customer service. Sucks.

I am in the USA. Sending it in for repair and hoping for the best.

I own (owned) at least 10 Breitlings in the past and I have had nothing but good luck with them. But, by the same token, they have been all automatics.
    I've never owned a Breitling with any kind of digital readout.
    You think they would install a brand new mother board to repair your watch.(I know nothing of the inner workings, just guessing) Did they do this the first couple times?
    What did they say was the problem causing the faulty readout the last time? And what work did they say they did on the work order?
    I'm surprised from watching videos, of their high attention to detail, that they put into servicing watches at BUSA, that they wouldn't be sophisticated enough to fix a digital readout.
    I wish you the best of luck.
    Last edited by hansomegq67; July 14th, 2017 at 18:31.
    My Watches:
    Breitling Chronomat 44 B01
    Breitling Chronomat Evolution ss/18k

Citizen Autozilla 1000m

Hidden Content Hidden Content

It seems incredible to me that we are still seeing problems with these B50s and the digital readouts. I like the look of them but have hesitated buying one for this very reason. You would think they could bring somebody on board to help sort this out for them. I can only imagine how many watch sales they have lost due to this issue. Good luck with this problem.i hope it works out okay.
    Kevin

Your AD should give you a replacement watch. I had an issue with a Transocean after 2 months of ownership and my AD promptly took the original and gave me a new one. Granted, the AD may not have one in stock, but it is within their power to do such a thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

IMO it is not reasonable to ask Breitling or the AD for an exchange, but they should certainly repair the piece free of charge. If you buy a car and the car has a defect the manufacturer don't replace the entire car lol they replace the defective part.
    And not that I doubt OPs sincerity, but to have the same issue twice obviously points out either a defect which wasn't addressed in the original service repair or user abuse.
    Last edited by Dan_957; July 15th, 2017 at 00:46.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information