• 3 Post By captainron62
  • 1 Post By PHK277
  • 1 Post By wilfreb
  • 1 Post By Andrew T
  • 1 Post By in2zion

Thread: New Colt 41 Auto

New Colt 41 Auto

Greetings to all ...
    Yes. I am a newbee here. No. I do not own a Breitling, yet. Therein lies my respectful request for your, no doubt, informed opinions.

I have an itchy trigger finger to buy a new Colt 41 auto, blue dial, on a bracelet. However, I'm just not sure it is worth the nearly $2300 -$2400 new tag.

"Breitling" certainly carries significant name value. But, this appears to simply have a modified (to some degree) ETA 2824, chronometer.

I would appreciate factoids that may drag me over the purchase line. I have not seen anything on the previously loved market except for a couple the seller is trying to unload very close to or above $2300.

Re: New Colt 41 Auto

I recently had a month long shopping/research process come to an end. I did notice that often times the new or mint condition COLT AUTO's were selling as high or higher in the older 41 size rather than the newer 44. Obviously the old supply and demand theory is alive and well in the watch world!

I chose to buy an older SUPEROCEAN that was just serviced and refreshed by Breitling and didn't end up going with the COLT. I would someday like to find a minty COLT with a white face at a good price!

Cheers!
    drummer13 likes this.

I would think more about whether you love the overall vibe of the watch (looks, brand, history, comfort, etc) and less about the movement.

What will give you more satisfaction: looking a watch you find beautiful or secretly knowing that the watch you like has some sort of fancy movement inside? No right or wrong answer, just something to consider
    drummer13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    I would think more about whether you love the overall vibe of the watch (looks, brand, history, comfort, etc) and less about the movement.

What will give you more satisfaction: looking a watch you find beautiful or secretly knowing that the watch you like has some sort of fancy movement inside? No right or wrong answer, just something to consider
    I drove myself nuts with this. Then I remembered the first two watches I bought, a Breitling and a TAG I had no clue what was making the hands turn and didn't care. The watches spoke to me and that was all that mattered. This last watch I just purchased, I another Breitling I believe has a V. 7750 based movement, I don't really know or care! It made the buying process a lot more fun!
    Toothbras, drummer13 and Penfold36 like this.

I recently bought this same watch three weeks ago. I think paying in the mid $2000's for a chronometer grade ETA movement on a watch you love is fair. After wearing it for a few weeks, the size and shape of the case, the weight and feel of the watch, the hands and hour markers, the dial, the lume, the comfortable bracelet, the bezel, and the overall versatility of the watch makes me glad that I pulled the trigger and I think you will be too if you choose to do so. If you have any questions about the watch, let me know. I'll be glad to help in any way that I can.
    drummer13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer13 View Post
    Greetings to all ...
    Yes. I am a newbee here. No. I do not own a Breitling, yet. Therein lies my respectful request for your, no doubt, informed opinions.

I have an itchy trigger finger to buy a new Colt 41 auto, blue dial, on a bracelet. However, I'm just not sure it is worth the nearly $2300 -$2400 new tag.

"Breitling" certainly carries significant name value. But, this appears to simply have a modified (to some degree) ETA 2824, chronometer.

I would appreciate factoids that may drag me over the purchase line. I have not seen anything on the previously loved market except for a couple the seller is trying to unload very close to or above $2300.
    I like the 41mm size, and the Breitling brand is strong, I will also consider the Seamaster Pro ceramic, you can get it new for around $2,700 online.

Either choice I like, on bracelet of course

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    drummer13 likes this.
    Rolex Daytona TT - Deepsea - Submariner Date ceramic - GMT ceramic
    TagHeuer Aquaracer 300M - Aquaracer 500M - Link Bourne - Formula 1 44mm
    Omega Seamaster 2254 - Oris Divers Date - Citizen Promaster Diver EcoDrive
    lots of Solar Casios - tons of Invictas

A good honest, great looking watch. The price is fair. Go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    drummer13 likes this.
    "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want"

I can tell you...its a solid watch. You should definitely go for it. The ETA 2824 chronometer movement is a work horse.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer13 View Post
    Greetings to all ...

drummer13 likes this.

Thread Information