WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New model: Colt Skyracer

40K views 100 replies 60 participants last post by  Flip2Grail 
#1 ·
Got an email on this new model today: COLT SKYRACER - Breitling - Instruments for Professionals

Watch Analog watch Black Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Perfect timing as I'm looking for a SQ powered analog. I like the looks, no idea on price though - I emailed my usual provider and they are contacting their Breitling rep. Any thoughts from the group? I'm no Breitling expert, have only owned an Aerospace in the past. Curious about experiences with "Breitlight"? I like the darker, mottled look and supposedly lighter than titanium. How are other Breitlight models holding up? Also interesting to see the measurement scale on the strap, like you could use it as a ruler.

Cheers,
John

See less See more
#88 ·
i realize lots of folks work in office and non physical jobs but for my parts im a carpenter in form working and i bump my watches all the times.
i dont mean a bump on the corner of a desk but serious bump like a hammer or a sheet of plywood w.e
I cant wear my automatic at work tons of electric tools and repetitive motion like a hammer etc but i love my breitling and imo a quartz is perfect for this.
a lil cheaper and i can bump them and not worry about it.

#94 ·
So I've seen/heard a couple things that have indicated this watch is going to be, if not already, discontinued. Apparently the new CEO of Breitling doesn't want any watches under $3500 for brand positioning, etc. which means anything under that will be gone shortly. I've even heard that some ADs have been told not to display this model.

Has anyone else heard anything? Any thoughts on what that might mean for this watch in terms of collectability? Around a 1 year or less production run for an entry-point model using an interesting case material that may or may not even be used in the line-up in the future. This could turn out to be a pretty rare and unique watch in a few years.

#98 ·
Still very pleased with this piece after owning for 2+ years. It’s a great daily. I use on the motorcycle a lot since it’s so light. Take it on camping trips all the time. It takes a banging with no issue. I actually swim with it a lot with my pup at the Dog Beach.
It attracts zero attention because truly it looks like a typical affordable military styled watch which is great. I have the black and green rubber and change it up all the time with NATO straps. As the prices continue to fall on these, they will be even a better bargain.

I have plenty of automatics but also appreciate the Super Quartz movement and this watch for how easily it fits into my lifestyle

Attachments

#101 ·
Actually wearing mine today. It’s holding up great. The only part that shows any wear is the small raised area within the bezel. That specific piece is not Breitlight.
Year 6 on the 10 year battery and couldn’t be happier with it. Flies under the radar and is just so light that it’s really one of my favorite watches to wear
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.