New model: Colt Skyracer - Page 4
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: New model: Colt Skyracer

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: New model: Colt Skyracer

I was told the rice is 2K and will be at my local dealer (Colorado) in April. As of yet, no more info.

I quite like the look of this. Looking forward to seeing hands on reviews and where the market settles on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by breitlingman12 View Post
    I am sure this will be more than $2200 us at a dealer in the US atleast,I would also love to see this in person,gorgeous I love the deep dial
    It will be $2000 even retail in the US:

Www.breitling.com

Id get the Colt 41 automatic blue dial any day over it.

Just saying ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Avantgardetime17 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragna View Post
    Id get the Colt 41 automatic blue dial any day over it.

Just saying ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here. It looks more like a watch of this price ought to be.

Quote Originally Posted by publandlord View Post
    I can see a lot of people sweating at the use of "plastic" in a "high-end" watch, but I suspect they have no problem with a fifteen-grand IWC or Omega whose case is made of mud :)

I also see that this Colt is cheaper than a luxury steel one, making it the entry-level Breitling.

The material isn't to my taste either but it is supposed to be more scratch-resistant than steel. A G-Shock sure isn't scratch-resistant in my experience.. anyway, have to wait until someone owns one and tries it out, which isn't going to be on this forum I suspect!
    I prefer Titanium. Best compromise IMHO.

I asked this question on another thread, am I the only one that finds it weird that they put a dive bezel on a skyracer. I mean wouldn't a 24 hour or a tach on the bezel be more appropriate? Shouldn't the bezel be bi-directional? Just saying it has more of a dive watch look to it and the band would even be a plus for that application. What I also find strange is the WR. Breitling is usually pretty good with their WR. Would hope this new light case would have also provided better WR than 100M.

Like the size, weight, band, look, event the price; WR knocked it off my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Nom de Forum View Post
    Dropping weight on a watch that in SS weighs well over 150 grams is a great idea but I am not so sure Breitlight is a great idea for a watch in this price range. I suspect marring of the case is going to be significantly more of a problem than with SS, Ti, or Ceramic. Best thing Breitling could do to the Colt is use titanium, reduce the thickness to less than 11mm, keep the diameter at 41mm, provide a WR of 300 meters, and have a clasp design that enables changes in bracelet length without the need to remove the watch from your wrist. Doing this would create a watch the is not to large and not to small in diameter for most male wrists and weighs 100 grams +/- 10 grams depending on wrist size. The new Colt would then be as great a watch as this: Watch Details | certina. BTW, I own a blue Breitling Colt 41mm Stainless Steel SuperQuartz that rarely gets worn because the Certina is so much better. However, I would immediately buy a new Colt made with titanium that has physical characteristics similar to the Certina DS Action Precidrive Titanium I own.
    Today I played with a Colt Skyracer. On the positive side I really liked the legibility and the extremely light weight (58 grams iirc) that compensates for the thickness. I could probably live with the Breitlight case but I hate the band. Silly map scales on a cheap feeling rubber band doesn't cut the mustard on even a low priced ($2000) Breitling. This watch needs a woven synthetic band with a quick adjusting depoyant buckle. If I can find the right band and buckle combination, I may buy this watch. I still think Breitling should have gone with a highly polished, hardened titanium case and bracelet or brushed finish, hardened titanium case with a band as described above. If they had, I would have bought another Breitling today.
    dirkpitt73 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nom de Forum View Post
    Today I played with a Colt Skyracer. On the positive side I really liked the legibility and the extremely light weight (58 grams iirc) that compensates for the thickness. I could probably live with the Breitlight case but I hate the band. Silly map scales on a cheap feeling rubber band doesn't cut the mustard on even a low priced ($2000) Breitling. This watch needs a woven synthetic band with a quick adjusting depoyant buckle. If I can find the right band and buckle combination, I may buy this watch. I still think Breitling should have gone with a highly polished, hardened titanium case and bracelet or brushed finish, hardened titanium case with a band as described above. If they had, I would have bought another Breitling today.
    I agree with you... unfortunately the lug design requires cuts inside the strap so that it would lock in place and stay flat. In other words, it would require custom straps which are going to be somewhat costly...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Altan
    Houston, TX

It looks like nato straps would fit nicely. I think that is what they were going for as an option. I wonder if they are going to come out with their own nato strap line.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information