New model: Colt Skyracer - Page 6
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: New model: Colt Skyracer

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: New model: Colt Skyracer

Before writing it off as too big, I'd try it on first. I saw the 50mm Hurricane last month and figured I'd never consider wearing it but the Breitlight case feels very good on the wrist. Even at 50mm, it almost felt like I wasn't even wearing a watch.

I have zero interest in this type of watch, but it's certain to appeal greatly to some.

• Polymer case = no corrosion, temperature resistance and 1/3 the weight of titanium
    • Quick swapping straps, no tools required
    • Awesome accuracy, not just COSC, but 10 seconds per YEAR accuracy with 8 year battery life
    • SuperLuminova that doesn't just show indices but the actual numbers

Again, not my cut of tea, but probably a great watch for anyone desiring those features.
    Ragna likes this.
    Ball - Concord - Ebel - Maurice Lacroix - Omega - Rolex

I think this watch is very cool. Plus I will use it to set my auto watches to the correct time. Which my blue colt currently does.
    Ragna likes this.

To the users who held the watch, how does the winders feel? Do they feel cheap and plastic? Will the plastic be cut if it hits a sharp edge?

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk
    Ragna likes this.

Tried this watch on recently as the AD was right outside my elevator in Vegas. I really enjoyed it quite a bit. Price is decent enough for what it is, but I am curious to see what grey/pre-owned look like in the near future. For me the dial lacked a little bit of depth due to it being entirely flat; applied indices would look great, but they would probably add some sort of weight and one of the things about this watch is it's extreme light-weight.

It is 45mm, but I wear mostly 41-43mm watches and it didn't look much bigger than my Rolex Exp2 when I held them side by side. To be honest, I thought it was a 43 in the store before looking it up online. I'm sure the weight helps with this illusion as well.

I'm not bothered by the dive-style bezel, WR, or straps enough to take it off my list, but I would have preferred a standard strap attachment type. Ultimately, I will wait to see what sorts of other strap variations breitling releases for this watch. I've heard about a military green color which sounds great. A nylon or canvas would be ideal as the 21mm lug width is not ideal for most natos (the gap on a 20 would bug me).
    Instagram: @rivy_

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread Information