Older Colt II as beater watch? - Page 9
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Older Colt II as beater watch?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: Older Colt II as beater watch?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Let say you ask this question out of a durability question then i say as a technician you can use everyone in the Breitling lineup except Navitimer
    i used a chrono colt for 5 years as everyday watch no fuss newer failed fixing my house or swimming, but now days i have to admire that i use a 1972 Rolex 1675 as a everyday watch as i can easy fix my crystal from ding and scratches with polywatch and the watch easy can stand it
    the Breitling crystal is defiantly due to change when the watch get its tlc in service department ;)
    if you care of your watches as a collector item then a big NO use a Seiko or similar
    Attachment 11529594Attachment 11529698
    I have a soft spot for these Colt superquartz chronos. Beautiful and indestructible. Thanks for sharing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by daschlag View Post
    I find the Colt more versatile in terms of size, the Airwolf is cool but at 43.5x16 or whatever it's a bit bulky compared to the Colts. Breitling definitely knows how to do ani-digi, though, beautiful watch.

You're right, they do a great job on their ani-digi watches! Is that the Airwolf?
    daschlag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ItnStln View Post
    You're right, they do a great job on their ani-digi watches! Is that the Airwolf?
    Yup - a78363. Check out the case back on this guy.

MoBoSwiss likes this.

Yup - a78363. Check out the case back on this guy.

Awesome, looks like the B1

Awesome, looks like the B1
    I think the Airwolf essentially replaced the B1, but was made bigger? IIRC most people preferred the B1.

Congrats! The a57035 is a great watch, classic in design and definitely has that retro-cool thing going. I admire your discipline in having it serviced right away. I hope you post up some before and after!

Where are you planning to have it serviced? I'm currently debating between the CA service center, and Nesbits.
    i would discourage you from using the CA Breitling service center. Unless they are a new company, the old agent butchered my Colt GMT twice, I ended up sending it back east, and it still took them twice. Who knew ETA movements were so complicated?

Congrats! The a57035 is a great watch, classic in design and definitely has that retro-cool thing going. I admire your discipline in having it serviced right away. I hope you post up some before and after!

Where are you planning to have it serviced? I'm currently debating between the CA service center, and Nesbits.
    i would discourage you from using the CA Breitling service center. Unless they are a new company, the old agent butchered my Colt GMT twice, I ended up sending it back east, and it still took them twice. Who knew ETA movements were so complicated?
    daschlag likes this.

I think the Airwolf essentially replaced the B1, but was made bigger? IIRC most people preferred the B1.
    I have both, and they look close in size but the Airwolf feels bigger on the wrist. If I had both with me I'd take pictures but the B1 is at home. The Airwolf did replace the B1, and uses the same movement as the SQ B1s.
    daschlag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Garcia O'Kely View Post
    It's funny you say that - after researching, I came to the same conclusion (poor quality and service), decided not to use them, procrastinated the service, and finally ended up selling the watch. So thanks for confirming my suspicions, and for helping to inform the next Colt owners passing through.

I have both, and they look close in size but the Airwolf feels bigger on the wrist. If I had both with me I'd take pictures but the B1 is at home. The Airwolf did replace the B1, and uses the same movement as the SQ B1s.
    Well shoot - it ought to be you telling me all about them! I'd love to see a pic of your B1 whenever you return home.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information