Thoughts on the new SuperOcean Heritage II - Page 6
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Thoughts on the new SuperOcean Heritage II

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Thoughts on the new SuperOcean Heritage II

I'm really hoping they release another two-register chronograph version again eventually. A ceramic bezel would be dreamy on my SOH 44mm version 1.
    Name:  85101B51-CA09-4D47-9544-BAEFBE1CF382.JPG
Views: 391
Size:  1.98 MB
    VicLeChic likes this.

I stopped by the AD today to check out the new SOH II in blue. I'm disappointed that the new dial is a more muted, grey-ish blue than the SOH I's slightly brigher and more radiant, sunburst blue.

I stopped by Torneau in Chicago to see the new SOH II but unfortunately the experience was less than.... er, satisfying? The salesperson first told me that they didn't have any of the new ceramic models in stock, despite the fact that they indeed had a new ceramic SOH chrono in blue (which was gorgeous by the way). But none of the non-chrono versions, which were what I was after. However, then it got weird when the manager came out and then they both started trying to tell me that the older SOH non-chrono models they had were in fact ceramic (they of course were not... they were the old aluminum editions). To close the conversation I asked them when they would be getting some of the new SOH IIs in stock and they told me that, if there actually were new models (they weren't convinced) I could place an order for one or come back in the fall/winter. Huh....

The one thing I WILL say is that, purely based on the SOH II Chrono in blue, I'm very happy with the change in the hands from the original version. I've read a lot of comments about people being worried that the new shape of the hands was a bit strong and overdone, but after comparing the two editions side by side, I can say that I personally don't find the new hands to be overbearing in the slightest and in fact prefer them significantly over the previous version.
    Last edited by egwatchfan; 3 Weeks Ago at 22:00.

I still don't quite get the bezel without any number indicators on these. They are handsome watches but the lack of numbers just makes it look a little odd to me. Breitling have really produced some stunning dials though, that blue is fantastic.

Does anyone know the weight of the mesh bracelet? The Breitling website lists the weight of the watch but I haven't been able to find the weight of the stainless mesh bracelet. I even called Breitling USA and the tech had no idea. They said call an AD and see if they could weigh it for me.
    Last edited by steelcityfishanddive; 3 Weeks Ago at 15:50.

I think they look good. Would love to compare one side by side with the last gen one. I know the Tudor movement might be a little more reliable, but it kind of turns me off... I buy a Breitling for it to be Breitling.
    Breitling Chronomat Blackbird Limited Edition
    Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 Chronograph
    Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 Chronograph Rose Gold
    Hublot Classic Fusion Titanium 45mm
    Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph 45.5mm
    Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph Calibre 1887

Quote Originally Posted by Camdamonium View Post
    I think they look good. Would love to compare one side by side with the last gen one. I know the Tudor movement might be a little more reliable, but it kind of turns me off... I buy a Breitling for it to be Breitling.
    The previous movement was the Caliber 17 which was ETA based but modified by Breitling. The Tudor based movement is also slightly modified by Breitling. Same difference
    tnjohn likes this.

Not my cup of tea. I didn't like the first generation either.

I gave it a second thought and ended up selling my blue SOH46 on mesh last month. It was too big for me and it took me four years to realise it. Now I'm tempted by the 42mm, will have to try one on at the boutique.

I stopped by a local AD yesterday to look at the new SOH II. It's a very sharp looking watch in my opinion. The 46 is the size for me. I felt that it wore small for what it is. I got an out the door price for the 46 black dial on mesh bracelet for $4,275 with free in house polishing when needed. So something to think about for myself.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information