WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Unusual Skyracer model

842 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  O2AFAC67 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was looking at the WorldofWatches site after another member recommended this site to another member for a cheap price on a different brand of watch. I noticed the Breitling link on their list of watches and checked it out. At least one watch has me intrigued as I cannot find that colour combination on the Breitling site:

Mod edit: Link removed.

This, combined with a steep discount, only one left (for pretty much each listing, although the same model of some have two listings) and an offer to make a realistic "offer" makes me quite suspicious. Also their super zoom feature does not work, making it difficult to take a closer look.

Not saying that they are selling fakes, but I'd never buy a watch from them.

#2 ·
The white dialed Skyracer does exist, and is a legit model made by Breitling.
I cannot speak about the legitimacy of this watch or this site, but if in doubt, don't buy. As a point of information, it is against Breitling's policy for ADs to advertise pricing on the internet.

cheers,
Jake.

#4 ·
Hi, Jake. Agreed. :) And, another point of information regarding the discussion of discounts is written as Breitling forum policy in our "sticky" post above... https://www.watchuseek.com/f15/discounts-authorized-dealers-282447.html Because Sabresoft's post contains a link specifying a discount amount by a grey market dealer, that link will be removed from his post. Thanks for your post and good information, mate. :)
Best,
Ron

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was looking at the WorldofWatches site after another member recommended this site to another member for a cheap price on a different brand of watch. I noticed the Breitling link on their list of watches and checked it out. At least one watch has me intrigued as I cannot find that colour combination on the Breitling site:

Mod Edit: Link removed.

This, combined with a steep discount, only one left (for pretty much each listing, although the same model of some have two listings) and an offer to make a realistic "offer" makes me quite suspicious. Also their super zoom feature does not work, making it difficult to take a closer look.

Not saying that they are selling fakes, but I'd never buy a watch from them.
If you don't mind buying used, check out XX They have a white skyracer on strap for a lot less.

They also have one on a bracelet.

#5 · (Edited)
Sorry, I meant to post in the fake busters. The white dial on a claimed Skyracer Raven threw me, because I couldn't find one on the Breitling website, and many of the watch models were named incorrectly, something that made me suspicious.

I would never buy from a site like this even if the watches were legit, but I just felt that these might have been fakes, as I have run across other sites that flog some pretty convincing looking fakes and usually the model names are incorrect or even mixed up.

#6 ·
Sorry, I meant to post in the fake busters. The white dial on a claimed Skyracer Raven threw me, because I couldn't find one on the Breitling website, and many of the watch models were named incorrectly, something that made me suspicious.
No problem. :) I understand completely and may well have done the same thing. Sometimes I suspect Breitling's webmaster is taking too many coffee breaks... LOL.
Best,
Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.