Updated Breitling SOH (now the SOH II)
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Updated Breitling SOH (now the SOH II)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Updated Breitling SOH (now the SOH II)

I liked the SOH, enough to try on a blue version a few times. But my damn "list" placed a few watches ahead of that one and I just bought (though did not recieve yet) a watch and it may be the only one this year. But I must say I am in love with the new ones just announced at BW.

I dont own a watch with a leather strap. But damn these are nice looking on leather. Also the bezel has been updated and as I understand it the movement is a 70 hour reserve in house which is the outcome of a partnership with Tudor?

I also prefered the date of the 42mm being at 3 o'clock but the change to 6 works.

I also dont own a non-black dial (aside from the Montblanc and that may be sold soon)

But the blue and bronze colors are really nice. Cant wait to see them in person!

Some eye candy:

What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Watch List:

Rolex Submariner (Ref. 114060)
    Rolex Explorer 39mm (Ref. 214270)
    Omega Speedmaster Pro Sapphire Sandwich (Ref. 3573.50)
    Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre 17 RS (Ref. CAV511A.BA0902)
    Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 (Ref. CV01AJ.BA0727)
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay (Ref. 79230B)
    Mont Blanc Star XXL Automatic (Ref. 101644)
    Issey Miyake To Automatic (Ref. SILAS001)
    Fossil Starck (PH-1112)

Re: Updated Breitling SOH (now the SOH II)

Quote Originally Posted by Crate410 View Post
    I liked the SOH, enough to try on a blue version a few times. But my damn "list" placed a few watches ahead of that one and I just bought (though did not recieve yet) a watch and it may be the only one this year. But I must say I am in love with the new ones just announced at BW.

I dont own a watch with a leather strap. But damn these are nice looking on leather. Also the bezel has been updated and as I understand it the movement is a 70 hour reserve in house which is the outcome of a partnership with Tudor?

I also prefered the date of the 42mm being at 3 o'clock but the change to 6 works.

I also dont own a non-black dial (aside from the Montblanc and that may be sold soon)

But the blue and bronze colors are really nice. Cant wait to see them in person!

Some eye candy:

What do you all think?

Very nice!

from what I've seen so far I love the re-design and think it is better than the last model in almost every way.... or at least I prefer each change they've made. However when and if the time comes to pull the trigger on one; I would very much still consider the first generation if the price is significantly lower.

I really like it, and can't wait to see them. I prefer the crocodile over the leather, not sure why it's not an option on the Breitling site.

I wonder if the mesh strap will have a micro-adjustment clasp. If not, I'll have to rig it with one just as another member did on here (Looked at a Superocean Heritage today)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Overlord View Post
    from what I've seen so far I love the re-design and think it is better than the last model in almost every way.... or at least I prefer each change they've made. However when and if the time comes to pull the trigger on one; I would very much still consider the first generation if the price is significantly lower.
    I was offered the first generation one for USD3070 from a reputable AD here in Singapore. I didn't buy it after i saw the new model and heard from the Breitling boutique that it is coming here in August. It will retail at USD4700. You think i should pull the trigger on the first generation one?? Seems like a good buy. Anyway i have no problem with the old movement or the marker on the bezel. The only thing that bug me was that the new one comes with a ceramic insert. And you can't swap the old one to the new ceramic insert. I've asked the rep from the Breitling boutique, she said Breitling never do that on all their watches :(

Quote Originally Posted by Fazboy View Post
    I was offered the first generation one for USD3070 from a reputable AD here in Singapore. I didn't buy it after i saw the new model and heard from the Breitling boutique that it is coming here in August. It will retail at USD4700. You think i should pull the trigger on the first generation one?? Seems like a good buy. Anyway i have no problem with the old movement or the marker on the bezel. The only thing that bug me was that the new one comes with a ceramic insert. And you can't swap the old one to the new ceramic insert. I've asked the rep from the Breitling boutique, she said Breitling never do that on all their watches :(
    The bezels look like they are different widths so they wouldnt fit anyways. Wont know till the watches are seen in person.

3070 USD is a good price! Lower than Dubai ADs who are known for their discounts. I bought one as a gift for 3,515. But the allure of the new one is telling me you should wait.

Watch List:

Fossil Starck (PH-1112)

Nice, I've been looking at them since Omega became a little too expensive (but that's another thread) lol and if one of the previous gens came up I'd be interested although I quite like the white face on the mesh bracelet, but I recently saw a chrono in the burgundy colour really smart!
    Just when you think there are enough arseholes in the world, someone else always proves you wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Crate410 View Post
    The bezels look like they are different widths so they wouldnt fit anyways. Wont know till the watches are seen in person.

3070 USD is a good price! Lower than Dubai ADs who are known for their discounts. I bought one as a gift for 3,515. But the allure of the new one is telling me you should wait.

Hi Crate410, that was what most guys here tell me too, wait for the new ones. Thanks for the advice ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Fazboy View Post
    Hi Crate410, that was what most guys here tell me too, wait for the new ones. Thanks for the advice ;)
    You shouldnt be thanking me! If I were a good WIS I would be telling you take the good offer. For 3K I would be real tempted.

Retail of the new one here will be 4,388 USD.

Watch List:

Fossil Starck (PH-1112)

heb

Shoulder shrug.

heb

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast