Vintage 806....... is it worth it...

Thread: Vintage 806....... is it worth it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vintage 806....... is it worth it...

Hi All,

Still looking to take the plunge into my first vintage piece - nearly bought a UG, but wasn't meant to be.

Anyway I came across the enclosed 1960 Navitimer and tried it on and really liked the look and feel of it... The dealer has been honest and said the chrono hand isn't original, but to the untrained eye the rest looks good (nice Patina and also lume looks original). As you will see it has quoted a 188 movement and original strap.

Insights would be extremely well received!

Watch repair Sydney - Master Watchmaking : watch restoration, Sydney Cbd, Sydney Eastern Suburb, Sydney North Shore, buy watch, sell watch, nomos

Thank you!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Current Collection: Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Grande Date, Rolex Submariner, IWC Portuguese 7 day & Tudor Prince Oysterdate

Re: Vintage 806....... is it worth it...

The outside slide rule scale isn't original and a bit of a sloppy redo.

I think I'd keep on looking if I were you. There are better examples around if you are prepared to wait.

With an incorrect second hand and slide rule I'd have to skip it
    Tudor Black Bay | Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50 | Oris Aquis Date | Breitling Colt Chronograph | Hamilton Intra-matic | Seiko SKX007

Great insights and thoughts all! I wouldn't have noticed the slide rule - how can you tell? The original strap was a bonus as didn't know if this happened much?
    Current Collection: Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Grande Date, Rolex Submariner, IWC Portuguese 7 day & Tudor Prince Oysterdate

Quote Originally Posted by Harmo80 View Post
    Great insights and thoughts all! I wouldn't have noticed the slide rule - how can you tell? The original strap was a bonus as didn't know if this happened much?
    For instance on the picture, white slide rule figure 60 is slightly mis-aligned (i.e. ± 30 seconds gap with the black slide rule).
    But look at the figure 11 on the same white slide rule : mis-alignment has dramatically expand ! (i.e. gap with the black one worths almost 2 minutes...)
    Not to say a word on white slide rule poor scale printing -- compare with black one...
    gtopaul is perfectly right !
    Leave it.

Cheers,
    Brice

Thanks all - esp Brice.
    i will give this one a miss - but now I really want to add one to the collection! Given the amount of stock that hits Australia I may need to venture to eBay/Chrono24 - a couple of examples on Chrono24 which could tempt me

Breitling Navitimer Ref. 806 1960`s Steel Chronograph Cal.... for AU$Â.4,400 for sale from a Trusted Seller on Chrono24

Breitling Vintage Navitimer 806 Venus 178 for AU$Â.4,201 for sale from a Trusted Seller on Chrono24

Hi Team - still on the hunt for an 806 and Sydney is not a hot bed for vintage Breitling!

I have found one in the UK which fits my criteria (mid to late 60s, not 'big eyes', no major water damage) and i am keen to get your views (I am waiting for info/further insight back from the dealer).

1966 Breitling Navitimer 806 | Vintage And Prestige

Big thanks!

Peter

Hi Team - still on the hunt for an 806 and Sydney is not a hot bed for vintage Breitling!

I have found one in the UK which fits my criteria (mid to late 60s, not 'big eyes', no major water damage) and i am keen to get your views (I am waiting for info/further insight back from the dealer).

Big thanks!

Peter
    Looks perfectly good!

Big thanks!

Peter
    It does look very nice. Did you buy it, as it's now showing up as unavailable?
    Breitling A13330 | Breitling A13024.1 | Breitling A35330 | Breitling A68362 | Breitling 806 | Girard-Perregaux 49585-11-131 | Panerai PAM 116 | Panerai PAM 069 | Omega 3570.50 | Omega 3569.31 | Omega 3570.40 | Rolex 116610 | Zenith 03.2240

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information