What would YOU say is the Quintessential Breitling watch? - Page 3
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: What would YOU say is the Quintessential Breitling watch?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator O2AFAC67's Avatar

Re: What would YOU say is the Quintessential Breitling watch?

Old Navitimer...

Last edited by O2AFAC67; 1 Week Ago at 06:49.
    Hidden Content

" The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea "

Click to view: Hidden Content or... Hidden Content

Banned

Anything but the Navtimer, its one of the ugliest watches i have ever seen, so fussy looking hard to see the time with all that whats going on , enough to give one a headache. I really cannot see why everyone is so up on the nav, for me the adorable seawolf 2 easy to read, nice and biggish not fussy thats how i like them, the other i would debate, would be the Chronomat 44 just whished it had the two dials like omega. But above all else for accuracy and sheer innovation top trumps for the Grand seiko spring drive diver, lets just say I'm in love.

Quote Originally Posted by asr53 View Post
    Anything but the Navtimer, its one of the ugliest watches i have ever seen, so fussy looking hard to see the time with all that whats going on , enough to give one a headache. I really cannot see why everyone is so up on the nav,
    Most of the "fuss" is actually outside the dial area, not swept by the hands. The question was what watch defines Breitling the most, not which one you personally prefer; the Seawolf is a great watch but Breitling is predominantly known as an aviation/chronograph brand.
    But above all else for accuracy and sheer innovation top trumps for the Grand seiko spring drive diver, lets just say I'm in love.
    Yes, that's a really good Breitling :/ ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by publandlord View Post
    Most of the "fuss" is actually outside the dial area, not swept by the hands. The question was what watch defines Breitling the most, not which one you personally prefer; the Seawolf is a great watch but Breitling is predominantly known as an aviation/chronograph brand.

Yes, that's a really good Breitling :/ ?
    Well spotted batman, but i don't think what defines Breitling being the NAV, more like the Chronomat being the better option.
    Natural likes this.

Ask someone to name a Breitling model off the top of their head, most will say Navitimer.

GS has technically competent movements, but they have derivative, uninspired designs, which nobody outside of .001% of watch geeks likes or respect, or has even heard about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Horologic View Post
    Ask someone to name a Breitling model off the top of their head, most will say Navitimer.

GS has technically competent movements, but they have derivative, uninspired designs, which nobody outside of .001% of watch geeks likes or respect, or has even heard about.
    If they were watch geeks, well they would of heard of GS, by far the most accurate watches and bar none, the spring drive is a joy to behold, like most watch brands without COSC certification will be beyond the manufactures given accuracy reports. My seawolf 2 is 1second a day, my cheaper seiko 2 seconds. If fact have a look at the steinhart ocean one, many will claim well within COSC specs to name but a few.

Spring Drive accuracy is very good because it's timing is controlled by a quartz crystal. As for pure mechanical movements, Rolex latest green tag chronometers beats GS specs. All Rolex now are guaranteed for +/-2 seconds per day vs Grand Seiko's 36k bph hi-beat movement rated at -1/+8 seconds per day. All of Breitling's movements are now COSC certified. Usually better, like w/ your Avenger Seawolf. And I hear very good things about the B-01 movement accuracy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Horologic View Post
    Spring Drive accuracy is very good because it's timing is controlled by a quartz crystal. As for pure mechanical movements, Rolex latest green tag chronometers beats GS specs. All Rolex now are guaranteed for +/-2 seconds per day vs Grand Seiko's 36k bph hi-beat movement rated at -1/+8 seconds per day. All of Breitling's movements are now COSC certified. Usually better, like w/ your Avenger Seawolf. And I hear very good things about the B-01 movement accuracy.
    Rolex does not beat the GS spring drive rated at 1 second a day, yes the high beat is a different option, Spring drive does have a quartz crystal but its hardly a quartz watch, you still need to wear it like a automatic to charge it, i would say hybrid is the term you were looking for. Rolex have the superlative chronometer at like you say +/2 seconds per day, and now omega has the METAS certification which is better, more testing more position and temperature checks to be within the same. I cannot comment to much on the B-01 movement, but it only has the breitling standard COSC, i suspect its better than the 4-6 seconds though. Remember also Omega now rated to 15,000 gauss which blows most watches out of the water in regards to magnetism especially the likes of IWC and Rolex mill gauss watches, all things considered i think Breitling are now trailing in the latest etc, they need to up there game or get left behind.

Navitimer has its charm.... And I think there are quite a few models still being offered in the 41mm size.

Quote Originally Posted by asr53 View Post
    Rolex does not beat the GS spring drive rated at 1 second a day, yes the high beat is a different option, Spring drive does have a quartz crystal but its hardly a quartz watch, you still need to wear it like a automatic to charge it,
    I said for purely mechanical movements, Rolex beats GS. I didn't say Rolex is more accurate than Spring Drive.

Which is hardly surprising. Spring Drive has a spring, but the escapement is controlled by a quartz crystal.
    Last edited by Horologic; 6 Days Ago at 23:21.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information