1 - Page 42
Like Tree1232Likes

Thread: 1

Page 42 of 120 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 ... LastLast

Re: 1

Damn..... Missed it by 3 minutes. Oh well, I'm leaving it up there. Enjoy anyway!
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

There could only be 1 on such a special Starscream day:

Salute the Eminem piece and Starscream on such a special arrival day as today...

Name:  salute-s500x348-241818.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  29.8 KB

Name:  I+think+that+is+more+funny+than+the+actual+picture+_0050d90a31eb63fba7df20f41825a9ab.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  14.6 KB

Name:  bear-salute.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  21.4 KB

Name:  funny-girls-sea-seal-water-salute1.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  66.9 KB
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Except it does... but not the clock time, the clock time is just a way to make sense out of this world and existence...

Without time we would not have space, movement and expansion require time so no time no space. Time= Acceleration Time= Gravity... Gravity, speed and time are the same thing...
    Monocrom and riffraff like this.

Hidden Content

"Time waits for no one, and it won't wait for me " --Mick Jagger

Joakim Agren likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    There could only be 1 on such a special Starscream day:

Salute the Eminem piece and Starscream on such a special arrival day as today...

Name:  salute-s500x348-241818.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  29.8 KB

Name:  I+think+that+is+more+funny+than+the+actual+picture+_0050d90a31eb63fba7df20f41825a9ab.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  14.6 KB

Name:  bear-salute.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  21.4 KB

Name:  funny-girls-sea-seal-water-salute1.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  66.9 KB
    LUCKY SEAL!
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    LUCKY SEAL!
    Looks like he went clubbing rather than the other way around.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

Gravity, speed and time are the same thing...
    A little mixed up, but I think you're trying to say that time is intrinsic to the concept of change.

There is now experimental evidence that time is an emergent quantum phenomenon. Nice experiment...
    https://medium.com/the-physics-arxiv-blog/d5d3dc850933

Whereas, space and gravity may be just a big illusion...
    Simulations back up theory that Universe is a hologram : Nature News & Comment
    Last edited by rogerlike; December 29th, 2013 at 22:58.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerlike View Post
    A little mixed up, but I think you're trying to say that time is intrinsic to the concept of change.

There is now experimental evidence that time is an emergent quantum phenomenon. Nice experiment...
    https://medium.com/the-physics-arxiv-blog/d5d3dc850933

Whereas, space and gravity may be just a big illusion...
    Simulations back up theory that Universe is a hologram : Nature News & Comment
    Truly mind boggling thoughts. I find those concepts beyond my comprehension atm. I once heard a Professor tell me that Quantum Theory Physicists and string theory mathematicians have a tendency to speak to the public as if they had a deep profound understanding for their field. But he say they are all bluffing, all they truly understand is that the mathematics seems to make sense but the truth is that regardless how smart you are. It is impossible to understand many of these concepts with our 4 dimensional thinking. And this is a huge problem as it might relegate Science into a form of religion and that is a very dangerous thing.

Now to something much more easy to grasp:

Name:  idiots.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  56.5 KB

These very smart guys might solve the M theory and win a Nobel Prize . But statistical probability speaks against that with near 100% probability. But who knows maybe aliens spiced their beers with some super smart drug making them smarter than Einstein. But once again probability speaks against that with near 100%. Perhaps we can conclude that these guys just want to see if they are tougher than a G-Shock!

In the division of smart future gadgets. This inverse micro wave gadget might make a revolution in our future lives:

V-Tex technology, cool stuff...

Hidden Content

But he say they are all bluffing
    I'll cut short the epistemology, but I consider that we can only understand anything through modelling: some is intuitive, whereas some requires esoteric mathematics. All has its limits. Quantum Mechanics is especially counter-intuitive.

I think a quote by the venerable Richard Feynman is required at this point!

"The difficulty really is psychological and exists in the perpetual torment that results from your saying to yourself, "But how can it be like that?" which is a reflection of uncontrolled but utterly vain desire to see it in terms of something familiar. I will not describe it in terms of an analogy with something familiar; I will simply describe it. There was a time when the newspapers said that only twelve men understood the theory of relativity. I do not believe there ever was such a time. There might have been a time when only one man did, because he was the only guy who caught on, before he wrote his paper. But after people read the paper a lot of people understood the theory of relativity in some way or other, certainly more than twelve. On the other hand, I think I can safely say that nobody understands quantum mechanics. So do not take the lecture too seriously, feeling that you really have to understand in terms of some model what I am going to describe, but just relax and enjoy it. I am going to tell you what nature behaves like. If you will simply admit that maybe she does behave like this, you will find her a delightful, entrancing thing. Do not keep saying to yourself, if you can possible avoid it, "But how can it be like that?" because you will get 'down the drain', into a blind alley from which nobody has escaped. Nobody knows how it can be like that."
    Richard P. Feynman, The Messenger Lectures, 1964, MIT

http://bouman.chem.georgetown.edu/general/feynman.html
    Last edited by rogerlike; January 7th, 2014 at 18:56.

Page 42 of 120 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 ... LastLast

Thread Information