5600 owners thread!! - Page 36
Like Tree3327Likes

Thread: 5600 owners thread!!

Page 36 of 125 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 86 ... LastLast

Re: 5600 owners thread!!

Here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ccm123 and Quadka like this.
    How does this window open?...............With a brick.

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    I think 15+ years, if the watch has been getting enough light during this time. If watch has been constantly dropping from H to M or L, then the life span is lower. Some of the first Raysman models from 1998 are still going on their first battery because original owners took good care of them, giving them enough light. But some that were kept in dark drawers or mostly on L or M, already need new battery.
    Forgive me for my rookie questions but if a watch is solar, it means it doesn't run on batteries right? Cuz you mentioned the raysman which is solar but needs a new battery eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw1925 View Post
    Forgive me for my rookie questions but if a watch is solar, it means it doesn't run on batteries right? Cuz you mentioned the raysman which is solar but needs a new battery eventually.

Solar means the battery is charged by a solar panel....there is still a battery, otherwise it can't work in the dark.

The solar g-shocks also have battery, it's just diffrent then regular DW-xxxx g-shocks. Standard battery for DW g-shocks is usually CR2016, I can't remember the number for solar battery at the moment.

The battery is pretty much similar to standard one, it's just powered by light. When it goes on low, it can be recharged by sun as we know. With time the battery charge starts to weaken and you need to replace it, that's usualy 15+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Solar means the battery is charged by a solar panel....there is still a battery, otherwise it can't work in the dark.
    Gotcha. Thank you!! Learn something new everyday lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    The solar g-shocks also have battery, it's just diffrent then regular DW-xxxx g-shocks. Standard battery for DW g-shocks is usually CR2016, I can't remember the number for solar battery at the moment.

The battery is pretty much similar to standard one, it's just powered by light. When it goes on low, it can be recharged by sun as we know. With time the battery charge starts to weaken and you need to replace it, that's usualy 15+ years.
    In your opinion, is it worth getting a solar gshock as supposed to the regular dw?

I'm in love with the look of the gw-m5610-1bjf

Solar squares

EXCALIBUR1, Ottovonn and raceclawt like this.

All my squares

Last edited by yankeexpress; March 24th, 2014 at 01:35.

In your opinion, is it worth getting a solar gshock as supposed to the regular dw?

I'm in love with the look of the gw-m5610-1bjf

Southpaw,

The DW5600E is a great watch. But it only has 1 alarm (multi function) but still 1 alarm and (big for some folks, "current time" in all modes). The alarm is also louder and longer (20 seconds compared to 10) in the DW5600E. The battery will last for years even with regular use. Do not concern yourself with battery life. Batteries can be changed easily.
    Solar and Solar/Atomic will get you more features. But are they features you will use? If yes, go GW-M5610. It is also a good watch. But the alarms are quieter and shorter duration as stated above.

My 2 cents would be to get the DW5600E first then move to the GW-M5610 later. FYI, the DW5600E is a tad bigger than the GW-M5610 series.
    EXCALIBUR1 likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ Deep Blue/ G-Shock/ Orient/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    Southpaw,

The DW5600E is a great watch. But it only has 1 alarm (multi function) but still 1 alarm and (big for some folks, "current time" in all modes). The alarm is also louder and longer (20 seconds compared to 10) in the DW5600E. The battery will last for years even with regular use. Do not concern yourself with battery life. Batteries can be changed easily.
    Solar and Solar/Atomic will get you more features. But are they features you will use? If yes, go GW-M5610. It is also a good watch. But the alarms are quieter and shorter duration as stated above.

My 2 cents would be to get the DW5600E first then move to the GW-M5610 later. FYI, the DW5600E is a tad bigger than the GW-M5610 series.

I love my dw5600eg-9v no doubt about it. But I also want a more stealthy watch that is atomic. We have some future plans of traveling so the feature would be nice. Also multiple alarms would be nice as I use my cell phone for that bc my dw only has one.

I'm so surprised that the dw is slightly bigger than the gw.

Anyone have a comparison shot between the two watches?!

CasioVibe likes this.

Page 36 of 125 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 86 ... LastLast