Another Brazilian DW-5600C Project - Pic Heavy
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Another Brazilian DW-5600C Project - Pic Heavy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another Brazilian DW-5600C Project - Pic Heavy

So after about 10 days, my Brazilian "watches.br" bezel and strap turned up in the post today for my ebay purchased 5600C. I took pictures along the way to include other bits 'n pieces. I hope you guys don't mind me sharing the, (I think), great result with you:

1. Naked as it arrived
    Name:  DSC_0747.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  89.7 KB
    Name:  DSC_0749.JPG
Views: 328
Size:  51.8 KB
    Name:  DSC_0750.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  75.5 KB

2. Even though it's a 901 with the machined screwback and not mirrored, I decided to see how it would come up after a go with Peek metal polish
    Name:  DSC_0746.JPG
Views: 309
Size:  89.0 KB
    Nice result, pretty dirty as it turned out
    Name:  DSC_0752.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  69.5 KB

3. Next step was to get a new gasket, (the original was misshapen and flat), and original Casio strap, I found an aftermarket gasket from ebay
    Name:  DSC_0753.JPG
Views: 304
Size:  55.7 KB

4. I took the module out with the intention of seeing what the button gaskets were like, but got scared of the interior "lugs" where the buttons come through and losing the dreaded e-clips. So with no evidence of water ingress over the years, (clean and rust free), I decided to leave the clips alone!
    Name:  DSC_0754.JPG
Views: 300
Size:  75.3 KB
    Name:  DSC_0755.JPG
Views: 302
Size:  98.1 KB

5. Module and all relevant parts back in, including the gasket which I was slightly worried about as it looked a lot thinner than the original and seemed a bit lost in the case. What I chose to do was a home water resistance test with the module out. I left it in the sink under about 4 inches of water for 10-15 minutes and joy - no water ingress at all I don't go swimming or diving so I'm not worried about pressure testing it
    Name:  DSC_0756.JPG
Size:  89.2 KB

6. Original strap on
    Name:  DSC_0757.JPG
Views: 303
Size:  87.8 KB

7. Brazilian bezel and strap arrived, (I decided to get an original strap as above to keep it authentic, but also had already ordered a strap from watches.br just in case the blacks were different shades between Casio & Brazil)
    Name:  DSC_0758.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  122.6 KB
    As you can see, luckily I had thought right about the slightly different colours, the watch has the Casio strap on in this pic. The Brazilian items are kind of a really dark grey compared to the Casio, and also they are a matte finish whereas the Casio are almost a semi gloss:
    Name:  DSC_0759.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  84.8 KB

8. So, Brazilian bits on the watch, the Casio strap will be going on ebay I think
    Name:  DSC_0761.JPG
Views: 295
Size:  54.4 KB
    Name:  DSC_0760.JPG
Views: 296
Size:  50.5 KB
    Name:  DSC_0762.JPG
Size:  62.0 KB
    Name:  DSC_0763.JPG
Views: 299
Size:  69.2 KB
    The buckle on the Brazilian straps is okay and quite nice quality, but I wanted to keep something original on it so chucked an old Casio buckle on that I had in my spares. Also the Brazilian one has more of a rounded edge to it where the Casio one is slightly flatter, which looks better I think.

Brazilian:
    Name:  DSC_0764.JPG
Size:  46.6 KB
    Casio:
    Name:  DSC_0775.JPG
Size:  55.5 KB

Under my magnifiers and possibly in the photos, there are some manufacturing "flaws" with the bezel such as very small bits of rubber sticking up from the edges, and on the inside circumference of the bezel there are tiny ridges all the way around which I think are possibly from a machine kind of punching the hole through. None of these can be seen with the naked eye though.

All in all I very happy with the Brazilian items, and unless you're a G Shock officionado you wouldn't know the difference I don't think. Also the strap is soft and supple and fits nicely, and for a puny $5 you can't argue with it at all. I just need to get used to having a screwback on that sits up slightly on the wrist, my other G's are all screw down backplates so are a bit lower profile.

Cheers for looking at the long post, hopefully you all made it to the end, cheers!!

Rick
    Last edited by sodamonkey; September 20th, 2016 at 16:59.
    koks, godizded, Worker and 13 others like this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Re: Another Brazilian DW-5600C Project - Pic Heavy

Very nice, Rick! Seems as though I'm going to have to get one of those bands from Brazil. 😁 It turned out very well. I didn't remove my buttons, either. I did depress them and lube them from the inside, but that's it. Congrats on a wonderful new addition!
    sodamonkey likes this.
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

"I think he's referring to the design style that's typically called a 'field watch', not necessarily the best watch to take into the field. But yeah, G-Shock ftw." - WUS User 'GuySie'

I am on the app for Tapatalk now and most of my photo's are the wrong way around! I did the post on my PC and they were all ok on the Preview Post page, dammit!!

Are they OK for everyone, or is it just me?

Sent from my D2403 using Tapatalk

Very nicely done!
    Contra Costa County (Bay Area), CaliforniaHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    So after about 10 days, my Brazilian "watches.br" bezel and strap turned up in the post today for my ebay purchased 5600C. I took pictures along the way to include other bits 'n pieces. I hope you guys don't mind me sharing the, (I think), great result with you:

1. Naked as it arrived
    Name:  DSC_0747.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  89.7 KB
    Name:  DSC_0749.JPG
Views: 328
Size:  51.8 KB
    Name:  DSC_0750.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  75.5 KB

2. Even though it's a 901 with the machined screwback and not mirrored, I decided to see how it would come up after a go with Peek metal polish
    Name:  DSC_0746.JPG
Views: 309
Size:  89.0 KB
    Nice result, pretty dirty as it turned out
    Name:  DSC_0752.JPG
Views: 305
Size:  69.5 KB

3. Next step was to get a new gasket, (the original was misshapen and flat), and original Casio strap, I found an aftermarket gasket from ebay
    Name:  DSC_0753.JPG
Views: 304
Size:  55.7 KB

4. I took the module out with the intention of seeing what the button gaskets were like, but got scared of the interior "lugs" where the buttons come through and losing the dreaded e-clips. So with no evidence of water ingress over the years, (clean and rust free), I decided to leave the clips alone!
    Name:  DSC_0754.JPG
Views: 300
Size:  75.3 KB
    Name:  DSC_0755.JPG
Size:  98.1 KB

5. Module and all relevant parts back in, including the gasket which I was slightly worried about as it looked a lot thinner than the original and seemed a bit lost in the case. What I chose to do was a home water resistance test with the module out. I left it in the sink under about 4 inches of water for 10-15 minutes and joy - no water ingress at all I don't go swimming or diving so I'm not worried about pressure testing it
    Name:  DSC_0756.JPG
Size:  89.2 KB

6. Original strap on
    Name:  DSC_0757.JPG
Views: 303
Size:  87.8 KB

7. Brazilian bezel and strap arrived, (I decided to get an original strap as above to keep it authentic, but also had already ordered a strap from watches.br just in case the blacks were different shades between Casio & Brazil)
    Name:  DSC_0758.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  122.6 KB
    As you can see, luckily I had thought right about the slightly different colours, the watch has the Casio strap on in this pic. The Brazilian items are kind of a really dark grey compared to the Casio, and also they are a matte finish whereas the Casio are almost a semi gloss:
    Name:  DSC_0759.JPG
Size:  84.8 KB

8. So, Brazilian bits on the watch, the Casio strap will be going on ebay I think
    Name:  DSC_0761.JPG
Size:  54.4 KB
    Name:  DSC_0760.JPG
Size:  50.5 KB
    Name:  DSC_0762.JPG
Size:  62.0 KB
    Name:  DSC_0763.JPG
Views: 299
Size:  69.2 KB
    The buckle on the Brazilian straps is okay and quite nice quality, but I wanted to keep something original on it so chucked an old Casio buckle on that I had in my spares. Also the Brazilian one has more of a rounded edge to it where the Casio one is slightly flatter, which looks better I think.

Brazilian:
    Name:  DSC_0764.JPG
Size:  46.6 KB
    Casio:
    Name:  DSC_0775.JPG
Size:  55.5 KB

Under my magnifiers and possibly in the photos, there are some manufacturing "flaws" with the bezel such as very small bits of rubber sticking up from the edges, and on the inside circumference of the bezel there are tiny ridges all the way around which I think are possibly from a machine kind of punching the hole through. None of these can be seen with the naked eye though.

All in all I very happy with the Brazilian items, and unless you're a G Shock officionado you wouldn't know the difference I don't think. Also the strap is soft and supple and fits nicely, and for a puny $5 you can't argue with it at all. I just need to get used to having a screwback on that sits up slightly on the wrist, my other G's are all screw down backplates so are a bit lower profile.

Cheers for looking at the long post, hopefully you all made it to the end, cheers!!

Rick
    Did the Brazilian bezel come with a caseback gasket?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Tranzformer likes this.

Looks great. I am still patiently waiting for all my parts in my project. I enquired with the Brazillian about the bezel after I paid, but the only reply I got was "just wait!" . That's worrying.
    sodamonkey likes this.

Mine says: Hello.

sodamonkey and Prdrers like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ruizjaime26 View Post

I just got one as well, and mine did not include a gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Ng View Post
    Looks great. I am still patiently waiting for all my parts in my project. I enquired with the Brazillian about the bezel after I paid, but the only reply I got was "just wait!" . That's worrying.
    How long since you ordered? Mine took 9 days, and I believe Sodamonkey's took 10.
    Encourage someone. The world has enough critics.

"I think he's referring to the design style that's typically called a 'field watch', not necessarily the best watch to take into the field. But yeah, G-Shock ftw." - WUS User 'GuySie'

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Ng View Post
    If you ordered from watches.br then it shouldn't take too long. Marta was always very polite and quick to answer. I didn't ask how long though, just followed the tracking online.

Marcus Ng likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ruizjaime26 View Post

Nope, no gasket

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast