So after about 10 days, my Brazilian "watches.br" bezel and strap turned up in the post today for my ebay purchased 5600C. I took pictures along the way to include other bits 'n pieces. I hope you guys don't mind me sharing the, (I think), great result with you:
1. Naked as it arrived
2. Even though it's a 901 with the machined screwback and not mirrored, I decided to see how it would come up after a go with Peek metal polish
Nice result, pretty dirty as it turned out
3. Next step was to get a new gasket, (the original was misshapen and flat), and original Casio strap, I found an aftermarket gasket from ebay
4. I took the module out with the intention of seeing what the button gaskets were like, but got scared of the interior "lugs" where the buttons come through and losing the dreaded e-clips. So with no evidence of water ingress over the years, (clean and rust free), I decided to leave the clips alone!
5. Module and all relevant parts back in, including the gasket which I was slightly worried about as it looked a lot thinner than the original and seemed a bit lost in the case. What I chose to do was a home water resistance test with the module out. I left it in the sink under about 4 inches of water for 10-15 minutes and joy - no water ingress at all I don't go swimming or diving so I'm not worried about pressure testing it
6. Original strap on
7. Brazilian bezel and strap arrived, (I decided to get an original strap as above to keep it authentic, but also had already ordered a strap from watches.br just in case the blacks were different shades between Casio & Brazil)
As you can see, luckily I had thought right about the slightly different colours, the watch has the Casio strap on in this pic. The Brazilian items are kind of a really dark grey compared to the Casio, and also they are a matte finish whereas the Casio are almost a semi gloss:
8. So, Brazilian bits on the watch, the Casio strap will be going on ebay I think
The buckle on the Brazilian straps is okay and quite nice quality, but I wanted to keep something original on it so chucked an old Casio buckle on that I had in my spares. Also the Brazilian one has more of a rounded edge to it where the Casio one is slightly flatter, which looks better I think.
Under my magnifiers and possibly in the photos, there are some manufacturing "flaws" with the bezel such as very small bits of rubber sticking up from the edges, and on the inside circumference of the bezel there are tiny ridges all the way around which I think are possibly from a machine kind of punching the hole through. None of these can be seen with the naked eye though.
All in all I very happy with the Brazilian items, and unless you're a G Shock officionado you wouldn't know the difference I don't think. Also the strap is soft and supple and fits nicely, and for a puny $5 you can't argue with it at all. I just need to get used to having a screwback on that sits up slightly on the wrist, my other G's are all screw down backplates so are a bit lower profile.
Cheers for looking at the long post, hopefully you all made it to the end, cheers!!