Another counting thread - this time GD-X6900 (6930) - Page 44
Like Tree654Likes

Thread: Another counting thread - this time GD-X6900 (6930)

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Re: Another counting thread - this time GD-X6900 (6930)

congrats, Kawei. The yellow can't be improved on but the red is definitely moddable - here are just two examples - 1 neg 1 positive. it should be noted that the HT-4 is more of a maroon red and not very bright -quite dull actually, which makes it pop more with the white positive PANDA.

combined with GD-X6900CS-7
    Name:  150408_GDX6900CS-7GDX6900HT-4.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  264.3 KB

combined with GD-X6900-7
    Name:  150221_GDX6900-7GDX6900HT-4.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  271.8 KB
    Last edited by Kev55; April 8th, 2015 at 07:54.

Quote Originally Posted by D1cky986 View Post
    Hi Flying, Tiktox.com in the UK have the Red Heather band & bezel in stock, they ship Worldwide too..!!

Wow thanks so much for this heads up D1cky

I got one set & Keith was great to work with there too.

Much appreciated as I really can't see negative displays well & buying the whole watch for the strap
    would have been a bit silly
    D1cky986 likes this.

Those mods look great Kev
    Kev55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Your right Kawei & besides I have searched everywhere for the Heather red band & bezel
    as I like to swap with my white at times the various colors with the white background looks quite good.

But all Japan shops say Casio said not for sale
    Pac Parts say they can get it but the cost is more than the watch after shipping hahah

But yes I love this GDX6900 series & it is my favorite G line for sure.
    The watch is good sized, comfortable, has the functions I like & none that I don't need + the 10
    year battery...Also a really nice touch is the screw bars attaching the strap & Bezel. Just 4 screws
    remove both the strap & Bezel. No more playing with spring bars.....What a nice package

Ok you convinced me

Congrats on yours
    Yes flying... the GDX is an easy mod for sure... nothing too fancy about it and its tough and rugged as it should be. Haven't had any problems
    with it so far. As for the negative display and for peeps having hard time to read the time, just activate the auto LT. Problem solve. Let me know how
    the modding comes along. Pictures too please when you get the chance.

Cheers,
    -Kawei-

Quote Originally Posted by Kev55 View Post
    congrats, Kawei. The yellow can't be improved on but the red is definitely moddable - here are just two examples - 1 neg 1 positive. it should be noted that the HT-4 is more of a maroon red and not very bright -quite dull actually, which makes it pop more with the white positive PANDA.

combined with GD-X6900CS-7
    Name:  150408_GDX6900CS-7GDX6900HT-4.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  264.3 KB

combined with GD-X6900-7
    Name:  150221_GDX6900-7GDX6900HT-4.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  271.8 KB
    Thanks Kev55, and yes, that's a great mod Kev55. The red one is as expected with the negative tint red LCD. I have the LT on with this one. Outside is fine reading the time. Low light, the LT is on. Question, what tools do you use to pry the bezel off gently? Hands or plastic tools? What is your technique and also this goes to flying? Picture of tools used is appreciated.

Cheers,
    -Kawei-

Quote Originally Posted by Kawei View Post
    What is your technique and also this goes to flying? Picture of tools used is appreciated.

Cheers,
    -Kawei-
    Hi Kawei

For myself I am just swapping Bands & Bezels
    I have a good screwdriver for the band screws & also a springbar tool for other models bands but for the bezel I never use tools to lift it off.

What I do is first switch to stop watch or Timer mode. Reason being if you bump the buttons it is not like you need to reset
    the time, home location etc.
    Also I always lift off the left side ( looking from front ) first again for the same reason of not bumping the main A button.
    Not a big deal but easier to not have to reset things.

Anyway I from the back of the watch I just get my thumb or index finger nail under either far edge & then pry it up & work towards the buttons.
    Much like taking a bike tire off a rim. When near the buttons you can pry/lift & either get it over as it is quite flexible or even depress the button a bit
    with side of thumb/finger etc. too

Not hard at all & easier to do than read about

On your other post
    As for the negative display and for peeps having hard time to read the time, just activate the auto LT.
    Yes for me it is a little harder because while I do not wear/need eyeglasses daily I do use reading glasses when at home. So my near sight is not perfect
    Also I am often on a motorcycle or scooter here & when I glance at a neg display it is just too hard to see the numbers quickly & from all angles.
    I like it being easy from any angle to glance & know quickly as riding here is much like a demolition derby so you need to keep your eyes scanning 4 directions

So far no problem as I usually can find a positive counterpart for most models I liek although sometimes the color variation I like most is not available
    Kawei and Kev55 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Hi Kawei

For myself I am just swapping Bands & Bezels
    I have a good screwdriver for the band screws & also a springbar tool for other models bands but for the bezel I never use tools to lift it off.

What I do is first switch to stop watch or Timer mode. Reason being if you bump the buttons it is not like you need to reset
    the time, home location etc.
    Also I always lift off the left side ( looking from front ) first again for the same reason of not bumping the main A button.
    Not a big deal but easier to not have to reset things.

Anyway I from the back of the watch I just get my thumb or index finger nail under either far edge & then pry it up & work towards the buttons.
    Much like taking a bike tire off a rim. When near the buttons you can pry/lift & either get it over as it is quite flexible or even depress the button a bit
    with side of thumb/finger etc. too

Not hard at all & easier to do than read about

On your other post

Yes for me it is a little harder because while I do not wear/need eyeglasses daily I do use reading glasses when at home. So my near sight is not perfect
    Also I am often on a motorcycle or scooter here & when I glance at a neg display it is just too hard to see the numbers quickly & from all angles.
    I like it being easy from any angle to glance & know quickly as riding here is much like a demolition derby so you need to keep your eyes scanning 4 directions

So far no problem as I usually can find a positive counterpart for most models I liek although sometimes the color variation I like most is not available
    Hi Flying... great input and info... I pictured the tire of the rim and it best describes it. The buttom can be in the way for sure and with a little patience... off it comes and ready to assemble. I tend to be careful using screw drivers or things metallic as i don't want to give a dent on the bezel when prying things off in modding. I will keep those things you describe in mind.

Yes, Thailand can be notorious on the motorcycle and scooter. Take extra care and vigilant my friend. I concur with the glance on the time is critical and a quick glance is good enough for telling time. Thanks again for sharing and your experience with modding.

Cheers,
    -Kawei-
    flying likes this.

Thanks Kev55, and yes, that's a great mod Kev55. The red one is as expected with the negative tint red LCD. I have the LT on with this one. Outside is fine reading the time. Low light, the LT is on. Question, what tools do you use to pry the bezel off gently? Hands or plastic tools? What is your technique and also this goes to flying? Picture of tools used is appreciated.

Cheers,
    -Kawei-
    can't better Flying's technique...unfortunately i don't have long enough or strong enough nails, so i use 2 thin, flat head jewellers screw drivers to lever the bezel over the buttons, working inwards like Flying. My biggest weapon though, is, a magnifier headlamp - $9 shipped from China - works brilliantly...never do a bezel/band swap without it.
    Kawei and flying like this.

Check out this Tealer Launch party for the Heather's

Wish I had this kind of artistic talent

G-SHOCK x Tealer : revivez la soirée de lancement des Heathered Color ! | G-People

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  31.3 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  41.3 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  42.0 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  44.7 KB
    Piowa, Kev55 and JohnQFord like this.

Okay ... let's add the 'twins' to the list:

Name:  The Twins wus.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  145.8 KB

flying likes this.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Thread Information