Anyone ordered from pacparts recently? - Page 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone ordered from pacparts recently?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Anyone ordered from pacparts recently?

Thanks for both the responses! If I proceed with a white-to-black mod I will post pictures.

near Manhattan... Status: Entering phase three.

What if you actually have a G-Shock watch with parts listed as Restricted on the PacParts site? Does the Casio Factory Service center service every G-Shock without question? I also wonder if you can provide photos of your watch, if they'll send you the user replaceable parts (like band and bezel) without having to mail in your G-Shock. Has anyone here tried this?

Also, if anyone here has sent in their G-Shock to the Casio Factory Service center for replacement parts, do they also send back the original parts? If not, that would rather suck. Reason being -- lets say the original bezel has lost its coating, exposing the original resin color. You could forcibly remove all the coating so that you've got a spare bezel, albeit in a non-original color. Or experiment with it (dye or paint).
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    What if you actually have a G-Shock watch with parts listed as Restricted on the PacParts site? Does the Casio Factory Service center service every G-Shock without question? I also wonder if you can provide photos of your watch, if they'll send you the user replaceable parts (like band and bezel) without having to mail in your G-Shock. Has anyone here tried this?

Also, if anyone here has sent in their G-Shock to the Casio Factory Service center for replacement parts, do they also send back the original parts? If not, that would rather suck. Reason being -- lets say the original bezel has lost its coating, exposing the original resin color. You could forcibly remove all the coating so that you've got a spare bezel, albeit in a non-original color. Or experiment with it (dye or paint).
    They have a list of models that they can only repair. You have to send the watch even you just want a band and bezel. I almost sent them my DW-5600EH for just a band and bezel replacement. It's good Keith (Tiktox) was able to source what I needed.
    xevious likes this.

I'm 30 days in and waiting on a Navy bezel and band for a Gulfmaster resin swap. I hope it's not 3-4 months before I see it but it doesn't look good at the moment.

near Manhattan... Status: Entering phase three.

This "Restricted Part" deal with PacParts is kind of ridiculous. I see inconsistencies, such as where a band is restricted for the Solar/Atomic version, it is not for the regular (non-Atomic) model. So what if "TOUGH SOLAR" isn't on the band. But I've also seen this happen with bezels and crystals too.

They really should have a means by which you can prove you have a watch and that you're wanting to get a backup of a band and/or bezel for future replacement after the parts are discontinued. At least if you have an owner supplied image (maybe you need to provide a utility bill next to it for verification), it should be sufficient.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information