Anyone ordered from pacparts recently?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone ordered from pacparts recently?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused Anyone ordered from pacparts recently?

I just sent through a couple orders worth of various g shock parts- hopefully none of the items I managed to order from their website are discontinued/induce a significant price increase afterwards....

Their website looks fairly old and i hope the part availabilities are fairly current... in my case they will have to order each part from casio first, would they have any issues fulfilling the order?

Re: Anyone ordered from pacparts recently?

I have placed orders recently. The website might look old but I believe they keep it current with parts. As long as the site indicated they should be able to get the parts, you should be okay. It might take awhile if the parts are more scarce. I have waited as long as 3-4 months before for an order to be fulfilled. Usually though it happens within 3-6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by teioh3 View Post
    PacParts...

Sure, just ordered some gaskets for the GW2500 (if you'd seen the recent waterproof thread, you'd know why...) and they were great about confirming information beforehand by email; and then after I placed the order, realized I wanted to try out the strap-adaptors, and sent them an email asking about amending the order - it was handled a few hrs later.

I also have to say that AmericanPerfit (the other US parts source) was incredibly fast in responding to parts inquires. While PacParts might have been a little backed up, and took a few days to get back to my initial email - Jacob at americanperfit.com had part numbers to me in an hour or less.

no general problems for me but did come across a couple lapses in service, i only ordered thigns that were in stock but one item went out of stock so it had to be backordered. thing is they didnt tell me and since they dont normally advise when the order has been shipped i waited over 2 weeks before following it up. it was listed as "waiting to hear from manufacturer", considering it had already been mroe than two weeks of waiting i just removed from my order to get the rest sent. the correspondence from the admin(?) person wasnt the best but got there in the end.

To quell your concerns.

PacParts is THE PLACE to get your aftermarket parts (that are not restricted) if you are Stateside at good prices. If you are in a hurry, the eBay is a quicker option.

I placed an order early last month and had it in two weeks. Then I placed an order right after that and it arrived with no worries. I then again just ordered the same parts (different watch) Friday and I'm sure the parts will be in my hands within 2-3 weeks.

If it says restricted then you can't order it.

If it says not in stock, you can order it but they need to get it from Japan first.

Sometimes, depending on the part and the age of the watch in question, it can take a while. It has been noted that sometimes it has taken up to three months or more to obtain a part. Those are usually on older discontinued watches. The average time frame within the States is a few weeks to a month.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

I just ordered some resin last month, and it took 2 weeks until I got an "invoice" email.
    I'm guessing that was their way of saying the order had been filled.

Within a week of that email I got my parts.

This time I just today ordered a bunch of stuff, some straps, a bezel, and 2 case centers, so I'm expecting that should take longer.

Personally, I'm hoping the waiting period will force me to slow down on my freaking spending.
    When there is doubt, there is no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by teioh3 View Post
    I just sent through a couple orders worth of various g shock parts- hopefully none of the items I managed to order from their website are discontinued/induce a significant price increase afterwards....

Their website looks fairly old and i hope the part availabilities are fairly current... in my case they will have to order each part from casio first, would they have any issues fulfilling the order?
    I just received my package today which I ordered last Wednesday. All parts that I ordered were in their stocks so it's quicker. In your case, since they will order it to Casio or Manufacturer, it will take 2 weeks to several months to be delivered to you. You can check the status of your order on their website. If you are ordering parts for older models, there is also a chance that they will send you an email telling you that one of the parts on your order is already restricted. It happened to me when I ordered LCD for DW-5030. A week after placing the order, I received an email telling me that the said part was already restricted.

I would like to order color-change parts for a Gulfie from pacparts. I would need the band, the bezel (outer) ... anything else? Would someone be able to explain what a "Case Center" is and whether it is necessary for a color change? Thanks very much in advance.

Case center is the inner case and is not visible under the resin - so I would just leave it.

Nigel.
    Quote Originally Posted by gee_im_shocked View Post
    I would like to order color-change parts for a Gulfie from pacparts. I would need the band, the bezel (outer) ... anything else? Would someone be able to explain what a "Case Center" is and whether it is necessary for a color change? Thanks very much in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by gee_im_shocked View Post
    Maybe this thread will help, as far as actually removing and replacing the resin bezel.

GulfMaster resin swap. Blue on Blue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information