Thread: Aviator GWA-1000FC composite band to resin

Aviator GWA-1000FC composite band to resin

Hi,

Can any one help out please? I would like to know if I can replace the composite band on my Aviator GWA-1000FC to the resin band of the GWA-1000. If yes, do I just need to order the band or some other parts of the GWA-1000 bezel?

Thanks in advance!

John

Re: Aviator GWA-1000FC composite band to resin

Quote Originally Posted by johndman View Post
    Hi,

Can any one help out please? I would like to know if I can replace the composite band on my Aviator GWA-1000FC to the resin band of the GWA-1000. If yes, do I just need to order the band or some other parts of the GWA-1000 bezel?

Thanks in advance!

John
    Did you try a search? I know some have done it but with small issues with the washer pieces missing on the replacement band they orders. Not sure if anyone resolved that minor issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

if you sell your FC bracelet let me know. i'd like to put it on my 30 stars

The GW-A100FC composite bracelet will swap out with the resin version from an GW-A1000 or GW-4000 without any other parts. The bands are the same size where they attache to the watch. You have the screw, a thick notched black plastic washer and then the thinner steel colored washer in that order that will screw into the band. Usually those that have the metal bands will require the thinner steel washer as the band is slightly wider. Without that thinner steel washer the band will move side to side. I have a GW-4000 that came with a black metal band that I swapped to resin. I have the thin steel washers on order from PacParts at these don't come with the band.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyharpy View Post
    The GW-A100FC composite bracelet will swap out with the resin version from an GW-A1000 or GW-4000 without any other parts. The bands are the same size where they attache to the watch. You have the screw, a thick notched black plastic washer and then the thinner steel colored washer in that order that will screw into the band. Usually those that have the metal bands will require the thinner steel washer as the band is slightly wider. Without that thinner steel washer the band will move side to side. I have a GW-4000 that came with a black metal band that I swapped to resin. I have the thin steel washers on order from PacParts at these don't come with the band.
    Thanks for this!

Thread Information