WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Casio G - Shock in the nature

903K views 7K replies 696 participants last post by  FarmeR57 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm starting and perhaps fellow members joining in. Enjoy :)

See less See more
#859 ·
Hello,

Tent Tarpaulin Roof Automotive exterior Vehicle

Green Watch Fashion accessory

Tent Plant community Nature reserve Leaf Biome

Sorry for the poor quality of these photos but taken with an old Samsung phone made to resist…

I took these photos during a short hike with camping.

I can confirm that the GPW-1000 is still fluorescent after several exposed hours.
At 4:00 a.m. (I was wake-up by the wind noise) I could read the time without pushing the super Illuminator or use a flashlight.

This was perfect.

Cheers.

#860 ·
Hello,

View attachment 3926530

View attachment 3926546

View attachment 3926562

Sorry for the poor quality of these photos but taken with an old Samsung phone made to resist…

I took these photos during a short hike with camping.

I can confirm that the GPW-1000 is still fluorescent after several exposed hours.
At 4:00 a.m. (I was wake-up by the wind noise) I could read the time without pushing the super Illuminator or use a flashlight.

This was perfect.

Cheers.
Great post stan54. Really cool :) Not many camping shots on F17. Great stuff. Enjoy and please more next time if you like :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+

#861 · (Edited)
Downtown Vancouver is surrounded by water on 3 sides. Tonite under a slight overcast, I walked to the northern shore.

On Mar. 14,1972 ... billionaire Howard Hughes, in mid-flight, called the Vancouver Bayshore Hotel to request the top 4 floors of the hotel. He was told the rooms were unavailable ... he told them he would then buy the hotel. To escape that fate, they

'made' the rooms available for his arrival (he had previously bought the Desert Inn Hotel in Las Vegas when they tried to evict him). He was running from the IRS & arrived in Vancouver after stays in London, the Bahamas, & Panama.

He personally occupied a 3 room penthouse while his staff had the 3 floors below him. He stayed for six months, then abruptly left for the Acapulco Princess in Mexico where he remained until his death in April of 1976. The 'tower' did not exist then:

Metropolitan area City Tower block Architecture Human settlement

His view to the east would have been of Burrard Inlet & the Port of Vancouver:

Body of water Sky Water Loch Sea

To the north ... Vancouver Yacht Club, Stanley Park & the mountains:

Vehicle

Marina Dock Boat Harbor Sound
Water Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Vehicle Lake Boat

To the west ... more of the marina, & Stanley Park:

Water transportation Vehicle Waterway Boat Ferry

(My biggest fear was that the Frog would go for a swim)

I don't know what transpired with the guests who were displaced to accommodate Mr. Hughes. Today, the penthouse, alone, that he occupied ... rents for as high as $2,500 per night.

#863 ·
Very nice history and photos, John. That's what happens when one's extremely OCD, and rich at the same time. LOL ;-) Good thing Hughes did built some pretty interesting aircrafts. One of them the Spruce Goose, which is still one of the largest airplane ever built for use on water. Though it only ever left the surface for only couple meters, LOL. He ultimately won the battle with IRS, by selling his aircraft company and turning the money into non-profit money to his medical research institute. Smart!

#867 ·
#870 · (Edited)

Attachments

#873 ·
#871 ·
JohnQ, your posts pretty often contain some information that goes beyond your G's. Thanks for that!

Today I was able to bring down a roebuck at 6:05 a.m., after sitting on watch for just one hour! It came quite close, just 40 meters. My bullet struck it's heart so it was dead immediately. I was afraid it might hear the hourly signal from my 5600e, but since there were a lot of bird singing during dawn, the signal obviously didn't stick out! I should bear in mind to switch it off for hunting though.

Wildlife Deer Snout Tree Fawn

#872 ·
JohnQ, your posts pretty often contain some information that goes beyond your G's. Thanks for that!

Today I was able to bring down a roebuck at 6:05 a.m., after sitting on watch for just one hour! It came quite close, just 40 meters. My bullet struck it's heart so it was dead immediately. I was afraid it might hear the hourly signal from my 5600e, but since there were a lot of bird singing during dawn, the signal obviously didn't stick out! I should bear in mind to switch it off for hunting though.

View attachment 3968746
That surely was a hit, that Roebuck still has some food in his mouth!.
Any pic of your equipment?

#885 ·
Another late evening walk along the Stanley Park seawall ... some day, 'Dracula' here, will give you daylight pictures!

Body of water Sky Coast Sea Shore

It's the Victoria Day long weekend ... the crews will at least get a good view of the fireworks
Vehicle Boat Ship Watercraft Cargo ship

Took the Frogman (in Red clothes) with me
Red Vehicle Watch

Sky Horizon Sea Water Waterway

Water Wood Tree Vehicle Rock

This is the sunset I wanted ... not the one I got :-(
Sky Horizon Sea Cloud Evening

#896 ·
Another late evening walk along the Stanley Park seawall ... some day, 'Dracula' here, will give you daylight pictures!

View attachment 4002986

It's the Victoria Day long weekend ... the crews will at least get a good view of the fireworks
View attachment 4003002

Took the Frogman (in Red clothes) with me
View attachment 4003010

View attachment 4003042

View attachment 4003058

This is the sunset I wanted ... not the one I got :-(
View attachment 4003082
Breathtaking photos JohnQ :) :) Wow. Amazing scenery. Thanks for sharing :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+

#889 ·

Colombian Mountains

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

#890 ·

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk