WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Casio G - Shock in the nature

903K views 7K replies 696 participants last post by  FarmeR57 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm starting and perhaps fellow members joining in. Enjoy :)

See less See more
#1,457 ·
Some photos from this weekend.

A few shy visitors in my yard. Their thick winter coats not needed this weekend as temps are soaring. A few more days and the heavy snow we had last weekend will completely melt.

Attachments

#1,464 ·
The 42nd Attempt:

I really, really wanted to take the below pic with the EL activated, but combine a fiddly cellphone camera and the short EL duration, I finally gave up trying after a total of 57 attempts, 50-odd EL presses, 16 badly-shaken pics and some 35-odd mistimed attempts, and a significant drop in my cellphone's battery level. It was only the 42nd attempt which came out rather decent, and I present it below!!! Ah the nuances of [strike]cellphone photography[/strike] trying to be a photographer with a piddly cellphone camera! :-d

Light Night Tree Headlamp Photography

#1,465 ·
The 42nd Attempt:

I really, really wanted to take the below pic with the EL activated, but combine a fiddly cellphone camera and the short EL duration, I finally gave up trying after a total of 57 attempts, 50-odd EL presses, 16 badly-shaken pics and some 35-odd mistimed attempts, and a significant drop in my cellphone's battery level. It was only the 42nd attempt which came out rather decent, and I present it below!!! Ah the nuances of [strike]cellphone photography[/strike] trying to be a photographer with a piddly cellphone camera! :-d

View attachment 6939097
Nice PIC !!! But in attempt to click a EL PIC you drained some battery there [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

#1,477 ·
Hope this will do for this thread. This is the toughest watch in all of my collection. It's also the most accurate since it's atomic.
I've had this particular watch since 2000/2001 or maybe even older if I recall correctly.
No maintenance to date and it's still working great just as it came out of the box.
I calibrate all my autos and quartz with this watch if that says anything. This watch has seen many places and adventures.
If any work where dirt, slime, mud, snow, water, sweat and just about anything that can damage a watch this takes it without any problem.
It's my hunting, fishing , grunt and yard work timepiece.
I paid $90 for it through a catalog from Campmor. Best $90 spent on a watch, ever.

Casio MT-G 900

It's my lucky hunting watch.....

and when it's time to do a DIY taxidermy work, it's the one to see all the process as well.

I don't even know how many rivers and lakes and fish I've caught with this watch on my wrist.

Simply a badass watch in my humble opinion.
b-)​

#1,492 ·
I travel to the Bay Area so frequently, I can practically call it my second home. Perhaps because I am a semi tourist ;-) , I find everything so interesting here, especially about the geography and natural resources around the area. You can see that from earlier posts here in this thread. Probably for those who actually live here, it's been there done that kind of thing. Work is boring, at times I can spend the entire trip just between work and hotel and no time to go anywhere else. But I managed to snap some shots of me driving around in different times. ;-) Some of these are photos on the "cutting room floor" for posts before.

Mode of transport Vehicle Car Road Infrastructure

Windshield Automotive exterior Sky Mode of transport Vehicle

Electronics Technology Electronic device Auto part Windshield

Sky Road Water Bridge Infrastructure

Sky Road Horizon Highway Cloud

Bridge Sky Overpass Architecture Skyway

Bridge Suspension bridge Cable-stayed bridge Landmark Fixed link

Sky Cloud Air travel Horizon Wing

Traffic light Lighting Road Mode of transport Sky

Vehicle Mode of transport Road Car Tree

And yes, the PRG270 has been my frequent companion for my trips.
Sky Atmospheric phenomenon Morning Cloud Photography

#1,495 · (Edited)
@Watch_Geekmaster......

Love SF, used to live there before moving across to San Leandro. I even went to high school there at the time. I have great long time friends and distant relatives living there still. I'm so due for a visit. I would never want to live there ever again as the cost of living is insane. The traffic and parking is horrific. Last time I was there I visited the SFMOMA only to find out that my rental car got towed because the street widened at certain hours to accommodate traffic. I missed returning to my car by 5 min. but was too late apparently. Cost me around $500 to get my car back after walking about a dozen blocks to the impound. I know, not so cool story bro.

I still love SF. Great food, culture, diversity, and the beautiful bay area. Just thinking about it makes me want to book a ticket right now. I'll be good for probably just a few days and then I'll miss my home.

#1,497 · (Edited)
Did I tell you how badly I wanted to take a night shot of my 5600 with the EL activated, and my office building in the background?
I didn't? Oh well...never mind! Here are the pics...luckily, this time they came out just the way I wanted them to be!! Just some minor retouching and processing to reduce noise.

Sky Night Photography Electric blue

Light Gadget Technology Electronic device Watch