Thread: Casio Made in China????

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Confused Casio Made in China????

Hello, what do you think?
    It is legit this DW-6900 made in China... I have seen Casio made in Japan and malaisya, but never in China...

It is a fake?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Casio Made in China????

Hello Schirra,
    I believe you will find that Casio's are made all over the globe. Member Casionerd actually talks about a classic dw5x000 model made for the pakistan army.

I think for a while Korea was where a lot of g-shocks came from (from memory the example on Sjors site? we all know what my memory is like :-D ). To be expected once that nation comes into it's own economically, it becomes "economically/politically" prudent to move elsewhere.

To answer your question. No it's not a fake.:gold

Casio's are made in Japan, China, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia ....anywhere else I'm forgetting?

EDIT: You will also find that sometimes a G-shock has "Japanese Movement cased in ........."
    Last edited by Resinbandit; September 24th, 2006 at 01:28.

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Hi Schirra -

If you don't want to take a risk, I would look for a Made In Korea, Japan or Malaysia as I have never seen a fake with these Made In words on the back.

Made In China.. Hmmmm.. I've never seen a fake, nor an authentic with this on the back now I'm thinking....

My advice, forget it and don't buy just in case

I owned a 6900 made in China. Sold it becaus of the plastic buckle. It certainly seemed legit. I'm not at the level of the guru's here, but I think I've been right 99 percent of the time when someone asks if some watch on the bay if real or fake. At least I don't think I got fooled.

Never heard of or saw a G made in China ! But I have one made in Korea a 6600 model and a pile made in Thailand and and a few a mine are the Japan Made models ......

Banned

My 6900 also says "Made in China" as well. There was a thread some time back about the little white mark between the arrow on the left of the illuminator and the display, which mine has.

Thanks to everybody... I have buy this watch, but is not coming here... Yesterday looking at the pictures, I've seen the "made in" inscription and this let me a little bad thinking about a fake.
    I have understand that there very low possibility that this is a fake, so I wait for the watch and I can see betetr with the watch in my hand.

Again, Thanks!

ps: eheemmmm... what's the purpose of the three small round dial!?:-S

Wink Re: Casio Made in China????

I thought I should write here that I also have DW-6900's made in China, but I see I am not the only one :-D Alll three round dials are representing the seconds in a minute. If I'm right (I havn't got one lying here around at the moment) the Big one represent the 10 seconds mark, the smal ones the single seconds. If I recall right my memory it's called "Time Progression Animation" (well, it could be freely translated from Dutch I think).

Cheers,

Sjors
    Last edited by Sjors; September 24th, 2006 at 10:30.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thank Sjors, you are always present to help people like me!

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

I've never seen a made in China either but obviously they are because Sjors has one

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information