WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Casio Pilgrimage and module swap question.

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  dpeete 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Went to the belly of the beast today to pick up some parts I ordered a while back.

Large building but small customer service area. Met a cute old couple who brought in 2 metal digital Casios they had for over 30 years. Unfortunately Casio didn't have parts to fix these watches and couldn't do much because there was condensation on the inside. The man maintained that "Casio is the best watch" It was interesting to see their reaction when they checked out my Frogman.. "Why do you need a watch so complicated they asked me" I don't need it, just like it is all, I explained!!

Anyhow
Got new bezels and straps for my Froggie and Gw-5000 and it dawned on me that perhaps I could order the module for the GWF-1000-BP and swap it in my current GW-1000-BP watch. Bam - Multiband 6! I asked the service rep and after speaking with the technician he explained it may not work.. I thought about it and don't see why not. Does anyone know if this would work?? The Service guy was happy to fulfil my order but at my own risk so I thought before committing I would ask you guys..

Thanks in advance!

Chibatastic

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Casio Pilgrimage and question.

Ha ha, cool story. Before I was into G-Shocks, my digitals mostly last 3 - 4 years. The old man was right. 30 years is a long l timetime for a daily worn digital watch!

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!

#3 ·

I was wondering the same thing, except about a 3266-3184 swap. Ever since I swapped a 3160 for the atomic 3159 and saved $150 versus the factory way I've been wanting to get an 8250 Frog and try the same thing. Pacparts sells the 3184 atomic Frog module for $79...

#4 ·

I was wondering the same thing, except about a 3266-3184 swap. Ever since I swapped a 3160 for the atomic 3159 and saved $150 versus the factory way I've been wanting to get an 8250 Frog and try the same thing. Pacparts sells the 3184 atomic Frog module for $79...
Thanks for chiming in. I tried asking Casio USA but the man I spoke with had absolutely no clue.. I'm guessing someone on here will know weather it can be done or not.
If not then perhaps I'll have to be a G-uinea-pig :)

Chibatastic

#6 ·

I don't know much about module swapping, but... I wonder why you bought new set of bezels for gw5000 and frogman? I would guess you are being smart and buying them to keep them in stock in case of ''emergency''?

#7 ·

I don't know much about module swapping, but... I wonder why you bought new set of bezels for gw5000 and frogman? I would guess you are being smart and buying them to keep them in stock in case of ''emergency''?
Always good to have extra! If I badly damage the bezel, it's comforting to know a replacement is an open drawer away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.