Casio's "Development Philosophy".....NOT "Triple 10" - Page 2
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Casio's "Development Philosophy".....NOT "Triple 10"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Casio's "Development Philosophy".....NOT "Triple 10"

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    For those of us in the States, Casio should have a press release that will entail all of the big models they're releasing around Tuesday/Wednesday.

Yeah, I've been continually refreshing THIS page, but so far, no updates - yet: News Release | Casio USA

Quote Originally Posted by GTR83 View Post
    I do like Tough Solar watches and have quite a few of them, but I also have the following rationale in mind. Solar batteries according to f17 members usually will still need replacing in 15 years or so. Case in point is my beaten GW-200 from 2002 which can no longer get a full charge even after a 2-day sun bath. And it immediately goes to power reserve mode again on the 3rd evening after a full day of use, which means the 15-year theory is quite correct. On the other hand, my 7900 which wasn't claimed to have any special kind of battery is still running on its original one after 6 years (not counting the time it hung around before I purchased it) and folks here have reported that these "pleb batteries" can easily last a decade or more. So basically Tough Solar is a convenience, but it isn't really a major improvement over the normal batteries. Of course if next gen Casio watches start including GPS modules in the majority of the lineup then an alternative charging method like Tough Solar would be close to compulsory, so again, I do like the tech.
    not really the best gauge to work from with a 15yo rechargeable battery, id say battery tech has come a bit further since then but in saying that i have a 10-12yo protrek that still holds a charge fine

Quote Originally Posted by Watch_Geekmaster View Post
    More technically, it's called Mimetic Poly-Alloy. Not to be confused with Super-Twisted Nematic Liquid Crystal.

Actually, I want it one more level than just liquid metal... I want my watches to be fully Self-Aware and connect directly to Sky Net!
    well it looks like someone has already choosen which side theyre on when the inevitable happens! haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information