Like Tree426Likes

Thread: Custom Squares: Q&A, show em here, fuel addiction

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Re: Custom Squares: Q&A, show em here, fuel addiction

one for the Warriors and 23 wins tonight

Name:  P6290126.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  259.3 KB
    Last edited by CivicRydr; December 8th, 2015 at 20:46.

Hello everyone and thank you for posting all this gorgeous stuff... really loving the squares

I definitely like the GW-5000, and the bracelet of the 5610BC is pure beauty, so a + b = just wow...

but I'd like to ask to the guys that have already dressed the 5000 with the bracelet, if the bezel colour match the bracelet resin colour.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by messyGarage View Post
    Hello everyone and thank you for posting all this gorgeous stuff... really loving the squares

I definitely like the GW-5000, and the bracelet of the 5610BC is pure beauty, so a + b = just wow...

but I'd like to ask to the guys that have already dressed the 5000 with the bracelet, if the bezel colour match the bracelet resin colour.

Thank you
    I'd say it matches perfectly. I also suspect that the GW-M5610BC and GW-5000 bezels (while a different size) are basically made from the same vat of resin.

Quote Originally Posted by Chempop View Post
    I'd say it matches perfectly. I also suspect that the GW-M5610BC and GW-5000 bezels (while a different size) are basically made from the same vat of resin.
    Thank you!
    Now I think I'll start saving...

Joining the bandwagon of custom squares!

Name:  IMG_20151210_174123_HDR_LR.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  340.6 KB

More pics on this thread!
    Knives and Lint likes this.

Nice, I like the camo nato on that!

Two questions (that I am guessing will go unanswered).

1) Do buttons from any old resin case DW-5600 work with steel case anniversary editions, or other 'new-ish' screwbacks (DW-5000-1JF, 5000-SL, etc).

2) Does any glass from a DW-5600 fit into a screwback like above? Do I need it with the 'packing' part?

I actually ordered a DW-5030 steel case and back plate from pacparts, thinking I'd put the module from the DW-5600P in it... but I want a different dial and a longer adjust button.
    Of course they didn't have the 5030 buttons, so I thought any old DW-5600 might work? They're also not be able to order the glass I wanted, so I might abandon the project after having second thoughts.

I just thought $65 for a steelcase and back plate was a reasonable price to upgrade, especially if they become discontinued.
    taxico likes this.

1. They can be made to work. kung-fusion did such a job with a DW-5030 mod a while back: Another HELP me decisde thread DW-5030, GW-5000 or DW-5000 (the Reissue)

As he put it, he had to do some gasket work to the new 5600P button to make it work, but it came out well.

2. The crystals of the modern screwbacks and resin cases (i.e., 5600Es) are interchangeable. The crystals from the vintage screwbacks are not interchangeable with modern watches. The packing is a gasket surrounding the glass and usually remains intact when a crystal swap is performed and can be reused. It wouldn't hurt to have one on hand just in case, but chances are that the original one will remain intact.

The DW-5030 case and DW-5600P module installation is a worthwhile mod to do.
    taxico and Chempop like this.

Appreciate the info always. Last question for now; do you happen to know about the bezel screws, are they compatible between modern DW-5600/GW-M5610 resin case and modern DW-5000 steel case?
    For example, if I got the 5030 steel case, could I use the screws from my DW-5600P for the bezel.
    OR visa versa if I got a set of GW-5000B (nice stealth screws) could I use them in the DW-5600E style resin or GW-M5610 style resin (would love to further stealth out my neg display 5610BC)
    jooman likes this.

Two of mine, pretty simple mods, just LCD/button/band swaps. I actually prefer these over the screwbacks as they're more comfortable (I like lightweight watches ).

I know this has been covered before in other threads, but I'd appreciate any guidance before my first mod. I have a GWM5610-1, and while this may be blasphemy, I really don't care for the red circle and blue text.

I'd like to swap out the glass for something like the GWM5610SD-8, but I'm wondering if I can just do the glass, or if I'd be better served swapping out the whole case center.

My hunch is that the case center is the way to go, but since it's ~$40 more, I'd definitely be interested in swapping out the glass, if that's a viable option.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information