The Dark Knight - Page 3

Thread: The Dark Knight

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Banned

Re: The Dark Knight

The lume might not be its strong suit, but it's sure not too bad and I'm used to Seikos.

Come on, it's the perfect color scheme!

Quote Originally Posted by mansrow View Post
    the truth is, batman still wears the cape and his street fighting is not exactly Jet-Li action. His technology is cool as bat and hes rich as hell. i like it when theres no cape, making his armor more bad-ass.

but Joker on the other hand, best acting ive seen in such a long time.
    RIP Heath !!!!

oh, as for the GIEZ, it doesnt have great lume. dude have to take out his flashlight everytime to check the CDT,timer, or watever function hes using.

brah im lol Its just to funny thinging about batman pushing a button to light up the el to see the time. I was going to say the batman should be able to see at knight but then i remembered he does not have any super power just super toys / tools

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

[quote=Torrid;1194421]
    the truth is, batman still wears the cape and his street fighting is not exactly Jet-Li action. His technology is cool as bat and hes rich as hell. i like it when theres no cape, making his armor more bad-ass.

but Joker on the other hand, best acting ive seen in such a long time.
    RIP Heath !!!!

oh, as for the GIEZ, it doesnt have great lume. dude have to take out his flashlight everytime to check the CDT,timer, or watever function hes using.

The lume might not be its strong suit, but it's sure not too bad and I'm used to Seikos.

Come on, it's the perfect color scheme!

you mean the Bat Light

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi

Moderator GShock/HAMILTON DougFNJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    brah im lol Its just to funny thinging about batman pushing a button to light up the el to see the time. I was going to say the batman should be able to see at knight but then i remembered he does not have any super power just super toys / tools
    Auto EL
    G-Shock DW-5030C
    G-Shock DW-5600C
    G-Shock GW-5000
    G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock GX56-1A King
    G-Shock GW-7900B-1
    G-Shock GW-9400-1CR
    G-Shock MRG-8100B-1JF
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Doxa 1200T Professional
    Movado SE 2 Tone

Omega SMP Qtz 2221.80.00
    Seiko Darth Tuna SBBN013
    Seiko Shogun SBDC007
    Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701
    Tag Heuer Auto Chrono Link CAT2010.BA0952
    Tissot Couturier T035.410.11.051.00

Check out my video reviews at: www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

in my opinion an analog watch just doesn't fit. nothing wrong with analogs, its just that there is a lack of "hi-tech-appeal", too old fashioned I guess, no matter how much modern day technology is put in such a watch.

my recommandation is either the MTG-911(because of the CDT), or the MTG910 (because of atomic), both matches perfectly, the MTG-910 probably a little better.

regards, holger

Good thread!

At first I thought, as Mitch100, that the ideal option for the character would be the GW5500-1AJF. Once you see this version of the 5500 series in person, you know that this is the stealthiest factory made G-Shock ever. It's black and black with black. Aesthetically speaking, this could be the Dark Knight's watch. This is my digital choice.

On second thought, the outfit the character wears wouldn't let him push buttons as little and resin covered as the ones you find in the 5500s. The gloves this version of Batman wears, doesn't seem very flexible or thin enough.

But I think that, in this case, this could apply to any G-Shock.

The GIEZ would be an excellent option too, but for the white hands and dial markers. A good night illumination system seems also like a must. A modded GIEZ could be the answer.

@ Mansrow,

You are absolutely right: Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker was beyond excellence.

In this movie the Joker is the hinge, the vital center of the script. Batman is a comics, TV and previous movies icon that from the start puts an aura over any and all actors that have played the part. In this case, I think Christian Bale's reprisal of the role couldn't leave a distinguished footprint over the character's aura.

But Ledger made an extraordinary contribution to this movie. His precise mastering of all his character's lines, his voice tones, his laugh, and over all his facial expressions, even below all that make up, are really outstanding.

What a sad loss of an actor that had yet so much to give! RIP Heath Ledger.
    Last edited by Vintage; July 31st, 2008 at 08:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post

@ Mansrow,

You are absolutely right: Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker was beyond excellence.

In this movie the Joker is the hinge, the vital center of the script. Batman is a comics, TV and previous movies icon that from the start puts an aura over any and all actors that have played the part. In this case, I think Christian Bale's reprisal of the role couldn't leave a distinguished footprint over the character's aura.

But Ledger made an extraordinary contribution to this movie. His precise mastering of all his character's lines, his voice tones, his laugh, and over all his facial expressions, even below all that make up, are really outstanding.

What a sad loss of an actor that had yet so much to give! RIP Heath Ledger.
    too bad, the Joker wasnt killed in the movie and this has make the writers a bit nervous to how to bring back the Joker. Speculations say that Johnny Depp might be the next Joker. there might not be another Dark Knight but you know thats not true.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

too bad, the Joker wasnt killed in the movie and this has make the writers a bit nervous to how to bring back the Joker. Speculations say that Johnny Depp might be the next Joker. there might not be another Dark Knight but you know thats not true.
    I've read those rumors too, Mansrow.

Johnny Depp is a great actor, and if that's the case he could be an excellent choice. The character's make up is going to facilitate things, but even a big one as Johnny Depp would need to display all his talent here. You can feel in the movie that Heath Ledger made a true personal effort to immerse himself in the character: first class acting indeed.

Heath Ledger (Perth, Australia, 1979-New York City, USA, 2008).

Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    Auto EL

your killing me Dougie now I cant get batman flying / jumping all over gotham and his G el light flicking on and off. killing his stealth

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I've read those rumors too, Mansrow.

Johnny Depp is a great actor, and if that's the case he could be an excellent choice. The character's make up is going to facilitate things, but even a big one as Johnny Depp would need to display all his talent here. You can feel in the movie that Heath Ledger made a true personal effort to immerse himself in the character: first class acting indeed.

Heath Ledger (Perth, Australia, 1979-New York City, USA, 2008).

i think i read somewhere he was nominated for the Oscar too. Hes definitely gonna win Best Supporting Actor. Cant wait for the DVD !!!!
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information