Thread: Do you have to sign for a package from FEDEX or UPS?

Banned

Off topic Do you have to sign for a package from FEDEX or UPS?

I should be recieving tomorrow but not showing (yet) which of the two will be the carrier. Does anyone know if they will leave at door step if I am not here when they arrive? Does it depend on the dollar amount of the purchase?

Re: Do you have to sign for a package from FEDEX or UPS?

It depends on the person who is shipping it, and what they want.

I've had UPS not require a signature, and also had them require it.

Same goes for Fedex.
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
    -Albert Einstein

The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

My Team
    Casio DW-6900-1V; DW-9100; GW-5600J-1; GW-6900-1; GW-6900B; GW-7900B; GW-9200-1; GW-M5600-1ER; MTG-520; PAW-1500T
    Citizen AT0660-05F; AT4004-52E; AT4008-51E; AT8020-54L; AV0021-52H; AV0031-59A; BL1258-53L; BL5440-58E; BN0088-03E; BN0100-51E; BZ0000-50E; EBJ74-1741; JY0010-50E; JV0020-12F; JY0000-53E; JY8000-50E; PMX56-2812
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2200.50.00
    Rolex Two-tone 1500
    Seiko SARB023; SBDB001; SBDC003; SBPG001; SKA371; SKA511; SKXA33; SKZ325; SLT079; SLT081; SNDA59; SNE109; SNG045; SPB001J; SRP043; SRP227; SRP307; SSC017

Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer WAJ2110.BA0870

I've received 2 Fedex packages in the last week, both required a signature. If you have a tracking number you can go to the carrier's web site and see were the package is.

I've always had to sign for packages from both couriers.

Banned

I went to Amazon website and shows item being prepared for shipping. I called their number and spoke with someone. They said until there is a carrier assigned they cant tell me. I have had packages delivered without sig (200.00 usd and below) and I have had 1000.00 usd (required signature). I didnt ask for signature, so dont know if it will be required. I guess I'll wait till carrier is assigned.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 316L View Post
    I didnt ask for signature, so dont know if it will be required.
    It's the sender who asks for a signature, so that there is proof of delivery.
    Crusader Mk1148 • Damasko DA36 • G-Shock GW-2310 • Grand Seiko SBGX061 • Jaeger-LeCoultre Memovox (1960s) • Junghans Max Bill • Omega Speedmaster • Sinn UX • Tutima Flieger Chronograph 1941 ​• Wempe Zeitmeister

I have a unique deal worked out with both due to where I live and we have 6 female dogs that can be hard to get along with. Unless you're a member of the family..but usually I give my cell number and they call me for the ok to drop off at the animal clinic. So I think if you can talk to the delivery driver you can give an ok to drop the package off for you, but I think they have to give it to a person still..

I've left a note taped to the door saying to leave the package and signed it. That seems to work.

Chad

I do the same Chad, I've also told my UPS guy that my family surrounds me so it's ok to leave it next door if they must.

If the sender requires a signature the package must be signed for. This is the Fedex web site FAQ

"What if the recipient of a package is not home when the package arrives?FedEx Express and FedEx Ground may leave packages at residential addresses without obtaining a signature unless you choose a FedEx® Delivery Signature Option. You can learn more about FedEx Delivery Signature Options at fedex.com/us/services/options/signatureoptions.html. Details are located in the FedEx Express Terms and Conditions. "

This is from UPS
    http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/tra..._attempts.html

"If the shipments were C.O.D. or Signature Required, refer to boxes checked by your UPS driver on the UPS InfoNotice. If the UPS driver was able to leave your shipment at an alternate location, your UPS InfoNotice indicates where the shipment was left (for example, your garage or back porch). If a shipment pickup was attempted and you were not available, your UPS InfoNotice indicates the next pickup date and time. "

Fedex and UPS will leave always packages for me on my porch unless a signature is required, then a form is left for me to sign so next delivery day they pick up the signed form and leave the package.

Thread Information