DW 5600C - Please tell me how to remove the 901/691 module from its case

Thread: DW 5600C - Please tell me how to remove the 901/691 module from its case

DW 5600C - Please tell me how to remove the 901/691 module from its case

This forum is such a great resource. I usually find a clear and precise answer for just about all of my questions. Unfortunately, I am not finding an answer for this module removal question so I thought I would post the question.

My Adjust button does not work on my classic DW 5600C. I uninstalled and re-installed the battery several times and the button still does not work. I've spent several days trying to locate a thread or a video that shows the step-by-step process for removing the module. I usually find a video or thread that shows the module out of the case but without an explanation of how it was done. I found a great post on button removal and re-assembly. I would like to see the same thing for removing and re-assembling the DW 5600C module from its case.

Thanks in advance. And keep wearing your classic DW 5600Cs. I know I will.

Re: DW 5600C - Please tell me how to remove the 901/691 module from its case

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSenator View Post
    This forum is such a great resource. I usually find a clear and precise answer for just about all of my questions. Unfortunately, I am not finding an answer for this module removal question so I thought I would post the question.

My Adjust button does not work on my classic DW 5600C. I uninstalled and re-installed the battery several times and the button still does not work. I've spent several days trying to locate a thread or a video that shows the step-by-step process for removing the module. I usually find a video or thread that shows the module out of the case but without an explanation of how it was done. I found a great post on button removal and re-assembly. I would like to see the same thing for removing and re-assembling the DW 5600C module from its case.

Thanks in advance. And keep wearing your classic DW 5600Cs. I know I will.
    Only just seen this, sorry. The easiest way is just to gently use a small screwdriver or a pair of tweezers and lever it out. The module is surrounded by a rubber ring so you won't damage the module, you might have to do it from various points around the edge as it probably won't come out by trying to lever it from one point.

HTH!
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

I usually have no issue with module not coming lose. When I fiddle with the battery clip, the module will usually just come lose and can be removed with the slightest pull.

make sure the button contact sits properly when you put the module back though :)
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Check to see if the pusher is hitting the contract. If is going under it, take a pin and push the contact in and press the module down and seated.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator
    I am responsible for what I say, not your Hidden Content to comprehend.

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by kubr1ck Hidden Content
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by kubr1ck Hidden Content
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

near Manhattan... Status: Entering phase three.

This was posted in the wrong location -- MODERATOR, can you move back to F17?
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Thread Information