WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

G-9000 Still Rides

5K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Schwizzle 
#1 ·
It had been several months since I last wore this watch. I had fun with it today on my day off and took it on a 3+ hour hike. Personally, I like that the watch isn't updated or connected to anything. It is like an independent tool that holds its own. Other than some light crystal scratching and bezel dents this watch still performs. Anyone else still dig these?
Watch Wrist Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory
Watch Geology Wrist Strap Landscape
Tree
Geology Geological phenomenon Soil Photography Landscape

See less See more
#4 ·
I was so excited for the new Mudman - I think I even pre-ordered the JDM version as it came out before the US version, IIRC. To be honest, I was a little disappointed in the overall size, especially when compared to the old DW-8400 Mudman. But, it was still pretty cool. Here's a pic before I sold mine off.

#6 ·
G-9000 is one of my favorites, here's most of mine. It's an old pic so I probably have added one or two more that I haven't taken group pics of yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#13 ·
The G-9000 was always a hate and love thing for my. A good looking G with a great module but the hard to press buttons were always a deal breaker for an EDC watch for me. In the end I much prefer the G-7900 ( same module but with one of the best to push buttons ever) and for a smaller version, the G-800BD (rather unknown and not very common strangly) is unrivaled to date.

cheers

#14 ·
Still one of my faves. I have recently acquired a couple of the colorways of the newer 9300, but it is like a different watch entirely - love it, but it doesn't replace the old version 9000. Great form factor, as remarked previously. Here is mine - an older pic, but mine is still mint.

I like it so much, I am considering springing for the dark green version - got it in my wishlist/watchlist etc.

#16 ·
Hi all! No pic here, I don't have mine yet, just ordered the 9300 yesterday, just a question. First off, I love the 9000 and 9010. I love their compact size, symmetry and no nonsense nature to them. The only thing I don't like are those nubs on the bottom. I didn't think anything of them initially, but after a day of wearing the watch, I had the G9000mb, the nubs were extremely uncomfortable. I gave the watch to my brother to see if it worked for him. He loves it. No problem with the nubs. Am I the only one with this issue? I really want to give the 9000, or 9010 version another shot at some point , but I'm hesitant. I know in the end this is my decision, but any advice? Thanks for y'all's time.

Be well
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Hi all! No pic here, I don't have mine yet, just ordered the 9300 yesterday, just a question. First off, I love the 9000 and 9010. I love their compact size, symmetry and no nonsense nature to them. The only thing I don't like are those nubs on the bottom. I didn't think anything of them initially, but after a day of wearing the watch, I had the G9000mb, the nubs were extremely uncomfortable. I gave the watch to my brother to see if it worked for him. He loves it. No problem with the nubs. Am I the only one with this issue? I really want to give the 9000, or 9010 version another shot at some point , but I'm hesitant. I know in the end this is my decision, but any advice? Thanks for y'all's time.

Be well
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have very similar problem with the nubs on the bottom...it bothers my wrist and in the end I have to take the watch off, because my skin starts itching and at this point (about 2 days wearing the watch) it is so uncomfortable that I would throw the watch somewhere away...so I know I will probably never buy G-Shock with this nubs (G9000, 9010 etc.) again, even if I like their look and functionality.

#17 ·
@michaelpaul71: I think I read this complaint on another thread one time, so you are not the only one. I never even noticed the nubs until I read that post. I don't even feel them. I would say, if they bug you, and you can't can't get used to them, don't bother with the 9000. Does the 9300 have them? I don't think so, but I am too lazy to go check right this second, lol. If not though, that is a great alternative, just not as small, which, to me, is part of the charm of the 9000. It may be an unfortunate fact that the peculiar anatomy of your wrist negates a comfy fit for the 9000 - there is considerable variation in the size, shape and configuration of carpal bones and the wrist joint, so this it is no surprise that some fits will just not work for some folks.

Reactions: michaelpaul71
#19 ·
I too own the 9000, and over the years I've learned that the nubs bother me only when I'm wearing it at my preferred strap notch - the one where I feel the watch fits just right. The solution is to wear it one notch looser but then it flops around a bit especially when I'm active. But I'm actually more bothered by the purple negative display on mine.

#22 · (Edited)
It had been several months since I last wore this watch. I had fun with it today on my day off and took it on a 3+ hour hike. Personally, I like that the watch isn't updated or connected to anything. It is like an independent tool that holds its own. Other than some light crystal scratching and bezel dents this watch still performs. Anyone else still dig these?
I just picked one up from ebay super cheap and virtually brand new, and it is one of my favorites now. I was about ready to buy from amazon since they are only $50 right now, but then the eBay deal presented itself. I love the backlight, and is one of the brightest EL backlights I have right now.

Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory Strap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.