Thread: G-shock (or Any Other) With Loud Alarm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Off Topic post G-shock (or Any Other) With Loud Alarm

hi,

which g-shock(s) you think has loud alarm , so loud even wake up the dead?

its not necessarily has to be g-shock, can be any casio , or any other watch if you know any other, i appreciate.

Re: G-shock (or Any Other) With Loud Alarm

Quote Originally Posted by bananaHANS View Post
    which g-shock(s) you think has loud alarm , so loud even wake up the dead?
    None of them. They're reminder tones, rather than alarms.
    Crusader Mk1148 Damasko DA36 G-Shock GW-2310 Grand Seiko SBGX061 Jaeger-LeCoultre Memovox (1960s) Junghans Max Bill Omega Speedmaster Sinn UX Tutima Flieger Chronograph 1941 ​ Wempe Zeitmeister

this one has a loud alarm, expensive though:

http://www.watchreport.com/2007/10/the-omega-speed.html

Sibe

i got the same problem as i want to use my watch as wake up alarm, and i think u can either use a watch with snooze function, which wakes me up every time, or one with a noticeable louder alarm is the casio CA-53, an vintage calculator watch u can get for 20 usd.

http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi...abank/CA53W-1/

The loudest G-Shock in my collection is easily the G-3010. The loudness of the alarm is an order of magnitude greater than any of the my other G alarms.

About a year ago, I got a vibrating alarm Casio G-shock because none of the dozen or so alarm watches I had listened to were loud enough for me to hear from more than a few inches away, when my desktop computers are running. Recently, I happened to be near "The Watchmaker" store in Stoneham, Massachusetts, and browsed around. I heard the Luminox Field Chrono Alarm go off about 10 feet behind me, above the sound of a bus rumbling past the store. That pretty much sold the watch to me right then and there.

The watch is a model 1888. On the back is "Series 1880." It's on the Luminox website under "1880 1890 Field Chrono Series," and doesn't even mention the alarm. (http://luminox.800rpm.com/index.php?...hrono%20Series) The 42mm version has the same functions and looks similar, but I suspect that the alarm is not as loud.

It is 47mm, thick and heavy, but I can easily read it without my glasses, even from 10 feet away... and of course in complete darkness because of the tritium markers.

It's stainless-steel, battery-powered and has a thick heavy leather band. For my skinny wrist, I need the next-to-last set of double holes to buckle the strap. But, once on, it's comfortable, and I quickly become unaware of it until that alarm fires off.

Several years ago, I got caught in an important situation at work where my battery-powered watch had died and I didn't know it. That cost me plenty on several levels. Since then, it's been strictly solar or mechanical for me. So why would I buy this battery powered watch, I asked myself... because it will tell me when the battery is running low. Instead of just stopping, the second hand will jump four seconds at a time. Well, that was my rationale for buying it, anyway.

This has become my "every day" timepiece.

Pros:
    1. LOUD alarm.
    2. Easy to read on a nightstand or from across the room.
    3. Light green tritium on hour and minute hands and at each hour numeral, and orange tritium at "12".
    4. Crisp detente on chrono and alarm pushers.
    5. Two-position screw-down crown.
    6. Sapphire glass crystal
    7. 48-month battery life with low-battery warning.
    8. Heavy duty, double eyelet leather band with roller on buckle.
    9. Heavy duty steel case.
    10. 100-meter water resistance.

Cons:
    1. Not solar.
    2. Window displays today's, yesterday's and tomorrow's date, but not day of week, month or year.
    3. No automatic calendar adjustment.
    4. Not "atomic" (time update receiver).
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Kenschuster; November 10th, 2008 at 22:37.

i used my 7500 as my daily wakeup alarm for three years w/ no problem.

recently purchased a 6900, and it is -much- louder.....

Casio W-71. Not sure if it's sold outside the US. Same module as the DW5600C. Much louder alarm than any of my G-Shocks.

The loudest alarm on any watch I've ever owned was in the watch I used while refereeing football (soccer) matches, although I'm not certain it would be loud enough to raise the dead. I don't think this particular watch is available any more.

I use a cell phone and/or a small alarm clock (Casio PQ-10) for situations which absolutely require attention.

The others are right -- the Casio watch alarms are "polite" rather than loud.

Of the G-Shocks, I've been told that the DW5600 has the loudest alarm. Otherwise you might want to try the 7500, which has a vibrating function, rather than an alarm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information