Thread: G-Shock for kids

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator samanator's Avatar

G-Shock for kids

Having made my first G-Shock purchase about two weeks ago and putting my new Riseman as my new goto weekend watch I must say I'm very impressed with the line. I've never had a watch that was spot on right out of the box. Since it is that time of year I though what better gifts for our neices and nephews then a couple baby-G's and G-shocks for the boys. My question is for three of our nephews they are in second and fourth grade and are smaller children. I would like to get them Mudman but fear the strap will not fit. Any thoughts or suggestions to models. At this age the more features and tough looking the better. Bright colors like orange, red or yellow are good. Mostly I want to know how small of a wrist these can fit?
    Michael
    BALL Watch, Bremont and Longines Moderator

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Re: G-Shock for kids

While you're waiting for more definitive answers, take a look at the G-Shock Mini line. Less objectionable to some kids than 'Baby-G'.

http://www.shopcasio.com/category/watches/g-shockmini
    Crusader Mk1148 Damasko DA36 G-Shock GW-2310 Grand Seiko SBGX061 Jaeger-LeCoultre Memovox (1960s) Junghans Max Bill Omega Speedmaster Sinn UX Tutima Flieger Chronograph 1941 ​ Wempe Zeitmeister

Although not a G-shock , after the comments i got from my 11 year old daughter about how she liked my prg-40 ive decided to give her my SgW-100 for christmas , she loved the compass as for G's she wears my g2900 a lot when she goes out ,

sgw-100 with its big bro

try the gshock mini

here's my niece's gshock mini:

G-shock mini in my opinion mostly cater to girls... Hope to see the more boys version

Quote Originally Posted by samanator View Post
    ...Since it is that time of year I though what better gifts for our neices and nephews then a couple baby-G's and G-shocks for the boys. My question is for three of our nephews they are in second and fourth grade and are smaller children. I would like to get them Mudman but fear the strap will not fit. Any thoughts or suggestions to models. At this age the more features and tough looking the better. Bright colors like orange, red or yellow are good. Mostly I want to know how small of a wrist these can fit?

G-Lide line has bright colors:
    GLX5600-4 - G-Shock - Timepiece - Products - CASIO

Size wise, the watch adopts the 5600 case design with strap holes to fit smaller wrist. Picture speaks better.

Quote Originally Posted by fre8k View Post
    G-shock mini in my opinion mostly cater to girls... Hope to see the more boys version
    This is my fear looking at the lines. I did find an all orange one with screen protectors (Baby-G BG169R) that may work. I think the nieces are easy, it is just the nephews that are a bit harder. Open to all suggestions.
    Michael

My wife buys dogs and I buy watches and to date I have never stepped in watch poop!

Oh I remember when we were kids (9-11ish) all we had were 6600s and 5600Es and the occasional 6900. Oh and baby-gs were for girls..... The 5600s fit the best but we liked the 6600 and 6900s better because they had the illuminator button on the bezel. I remember my best friend and I would toss them vertically up in the air and watch them bounce off the pavement during recess to see if they really were shock proof like in the mid 90s commercials; they were! My primary (elementary) school eventually banned the wearing of g-shocks because the stuck up PTA thought that they were too big and obnoxious for our wrists, they also forbade the wearing of sneakers except for phyis-ed and made every kid wear leather dress shoes. Come to think of it, the conventional watches and dress shoes didn't stand a chance to tropical humidity and muddy football pitches during lunch.....

Now if only they had the G-shock mini line then :)

Quote Originally Posted by Marianas Diver/Pilot View Post
    Oh I remember when we were kids (9-11ish) all we had were 6600s and 5600Es and the occasional 6900. Oh and baby-gs were for girls..... The 5600s fit the best but we liked the 6600 and 6900s better because they had the illuminator button on the bezel. I remember my best friend and I would toss them vertically up in the air and watch them bounce off the pavement during recess to see if they really were shock proof like in the mid 90s commercials; they were!
    Wow I did not realize what a deprived childhood I had growing up in the 60's and 70's. Now we did have real toys that actually shot projectiles not made of foam rubber, cap guns that went bang real loud and made fire, and big wheels without airbags and racing harnesses so maybe we got the better deal.
    Michael

There is a line of "Youth Culture" like model G-8000-4VDR-WW, but these have a 52mm case so I doubt they are really made for kids.
    Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information