GPW-1000 GravityMaster buy or not buy? - Page 7
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: GPW-1000 GravityMaster buy or not buy?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Re: GPW-1000 GravityMaster buy or not buy?

I'm still not sure we have established that you did a realignment of the hands yet? I don't mean correcting the time, I mean the actual hand alignment procedure ("Hand/Day Adjustment Steps") in the handbook. I know it does it periodically, but not daily, so not sure if a misaligned second hand has anything to do with your issue. If the watch had a digital display, we might know what time the watch thinks it is, and what the hands are showing, but thats not there...so.

Is it possible that the 0 second sync is by radio control and the +2 second sync is by GPS? What happens when it's fast 2 seconds and you go outside and perform a GPS sync?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    Is it possible that the 0 second sync is by radio control and the +2 second sync is by GPS? What happens when it's fast 2 seconds and you go outside and perform a GPS sync?
    I think the same, I will test, but is the GPS automatic or manual? If manual, I did not activate GPS in the afternoon...
    The best Casio G-Shock is the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by fcasoli View Post
    I think the same, I will test, but is the GPS automatic or manual? If manual, I did not activate GPS in the afternoon...
    I can't tell for sure by reading the manual if GPS sync is truly automatic. It implies it is, but only if radio sync failed the night before.

My GPW is in Bangkok, so i am outside of the atomic radio range, so I am strictly on GPS, which has been flawless when checked? against the site I quoted above "time.gov"

After alignment of hands, the watch shows two seconds in advance, I'm checking if during the day, the watch activate the GPS and take the time
    The best Casio G-Shock is the next one...

i think GPS is activated only manually

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    I can't tell for sure by reading the manual if GPS sync is truly automatic. It implies it is, but only if radio sync failed the night before.
    Reception Guide - GPS HYBRID WAVE CEPTOR Watch - Support - CASIO

"Between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
    Exposing the watch to continuous light will automatically trigger a GPS signal receive operation and the watch will update its time setting."

Even though the help site seems to indicate that it will, over the past week or so the BPC signal from China was cut off and radio sync failed for the whole period. But I did not notice a successful sync on my GPW anyhow, unless I manually triggered once.

I manually check mine almost daily, but I check to see if I got a fail, most of the time I do get a fail, so not sure if thats an Atomic fail (Failure is certain on Atomic here), or a GPS fail. However, when I am outside in direct sunlight, if I remember correctly.... if the watch fails on its last attempt, it will automatically trigger a GPS update when in direct sunlight (That seems to be the case many times with mine, because it will show success and then the Position and City, when I happen to check the last receive after being outside). Most of the time inside I can get a manual check from the GPS, on the TIME only - with the watch face pointed up, but not the position).

Quote Originally Posted by fcasoli View Post

I thought the manual was more clear on this subject, but maybe not.. Anyway, the deal with the GPW is that if it does NOT receive the multiband 6 signal overnight, then the next day, when the watch is exposed to the sky for a certain amount of time, it will attempt a GPS signal receive automatically.

Mine almost always gets the multiband 6 signal overnight, even when my other Gs do not. I think it must have an extra-large antenna!

Once, when mine did NOT sync overnight, I was wearing it and drove somewhere for about 20 mins. When I got to my destination, I discovered that it had synced via GPS on its own while I was driving!! (thru the window) Pretty cool!!
    Deepsea_dweller and STavros78 like this.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread Information