WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

177K views 1K replies 212 participants last post by  therion 
#1 ·
This is the official GPW B E A S T THREAD OF AWESOMENESS the only purpose of which is the glorification, showing off, celebration and general awesomisation of our BEASTs....

If you have a GPW. If you are skydiving with it from a Space Capsule. If you are driving 300kph on a race track in a Bugatti Veyron Spider. If you are piloting a WW I fighterplane. If you are eating a XL doublecheesegoldencrust megapizza with pineapples and barbecuesauce all by yourself. If you are doing anything remotely awesome while wearing your BEAST - we want to know. We want to SEE it. So far these incredible devices have been shown in their cozy little boxes, on their pillow surrounded by dark leather and golden writing.

This ends NOW! And this here is the place to show off your heroic deeds! GO! :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart:rodekaart

#703 ·
GPW-1000-1B ..................................................... 28 watches (Steelinox, Knives and Lint, D1cky986, John_Harrison, Bulldog1, Shms59, aRogue, Chrisboy, Wotch, Stan54, Emergency, Ericwanch, JSM9872, PeeDee, Fendushi, G-Frank, Mudman, Ryan Bishop, G-Shock Protection, Robert Hoffmann, Dwsjr50, Greyburn, Woodville63, Volgofmr, Budikosu, Aalin13, Ky3mikael, Afterdarksg)

GPW-1000-1A ..................................................... 24 watches (Gripmaster, Olyeller68, Timesurfer, Sleeman, GunSmoke16610, Meridian, Eric5964, Boska, Andyahs, Shaggy2002, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, Togaflexed, Devastator01, JSM9872, Suaku, Haymant, Tropicscouser, Yoda2005, RedHerringHack, Badboy_ahiru)

GPW-1000-RAF ................................................... 23 watches (LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Time4playnow, Timesurfer, Showtime240, D1cky986, Sengyoku, Raff_Christ, Chypmun77, RHJones, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Yto1312, Jantyc, Hein W, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Phantasm, Gizzmo, JohnQFord, Kawei, PPP, Shameless)

GPW-1000-4A ..................................................... 20 watches (iJeff, Kawei, JonL, Timesurfer(2), Altan, D1cky986, Superflask, GeSte, Tgdtown, Raff_Christ, Aydrian, Mrcrooka1, Foxman2k, Bobbyc02, Alanarkadia, Sheldon Cooper, Lqhakeem, Milloncobra, Cbkihong)

GPW-1000-2A ..................................................... 17 watches (Gripmaster, Time4playnow, JonL, D1cky986, Erikm82, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Heuer_1153, GrafiXepressions, Mrcrooka1, Andyahs, Soulbridgemedia, TG8OH7, Kawei, Poovakkurussi, Lqhakeem, Veysern, Zf2)

GPW-1000FC-1A9 ................................................. 8 watches (Time4playnow, JonL, TG8OH7, Kawei, GilbertMark, Merlino, Haf, iCatchU)

GPW-1000T .......................................................... 4 watches (Lqhakeem, NorCal_PWRstroke, Terrygls, Nemo)

GPW-1000TBS ....................................................... 4 watches (Lqhakeem, Kawei, Raff_Christ, Neekg)

GPW-1000FC-1A ................................................... 1 watch (10-Dee-Q)

GPW-1000V .......................................................... 1 watchs (Nemo)

Together ............................................................ 130 watches

GGGGGPPPPPWWWWW - Kawei (5 watches)

GGGGPPPPWWWW - Timesurfer, D1cky986, Lqhakeem (4 watches)

GGGPPPWWW - Time4playnow, JonL, Raff_Christ (3 watches)

GGPPWW - Gripmaster, Mrcrooka1, Andyahs, JSM9872, TG8OH7, Nemo (2 watches)

GPW - iJeff, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Gizzmo, GrafiXepressions, Aydrian, 10-Dee-Q, Foxman2k, Ericwanch, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, Soulbridgemedia, Togaflexed, PeeDee, Fendushi, G-Frank, Mudman, Ryan Bishop, Bobbyc02, Devastator01, G-Shock Protection, Suaku, GilbertMark, Haymant, Robert Hoffmann, Alanarkadia, Dwsjr50, Greyburn, Merlino, Tropicscouser, Woodville63, PPP, Sheldon Cooper, Haf, Poovakkurussi, iCatchU, Volgofmr, Shameless, Veysern, Yoda2005, JohnQFord, Budikosu, Milloncobra, RedHerringHack, Badboy_ahiru, Aalin13, NorCal_PWRstroke, Terrygls, Neekg, Ky3mikael, Cbkihong, Zf2, Afterdarksg (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

#704 ·
Hey everyone, I know this isn't normally the place to post items for sale but because it's a BEAST thread and that's what I'm selling I thought I'd let you hardcore fans know first. I want to sell my barely worn GPW-1000-2A. I love it but it's my secondary BEAST and with the new career wardrobe change, I'm barely wearing it. If you or anyone you know is interested, please send me a private message.

#706 ·
Sorry to hear, but the watch is shock resistant, not scratch-resistant.
Any metal will scratch if you drop it on hard surface.
If you see the drop test on new MTG G1000 you can see the scratches.

How bad is the scratch?

#709 ·
I have the gpw1000t and it has a scratch on the bezel. In fact it took the coating right off showing the brighter metal underneath. I'm disappointed and may get the bezel replaced, or replace it myself. It's a part that can ordered from pacparts. My seatbelt buckle barely made contact yet took the DLC coating right off. Makes no sense to me.

With that said I've read that it's possible that what I'm seeing is actually metal from the buckle but it's moot because there's no way to remove it without damaging the actual coating.

#710 ·
wow scratch on the bezel!!?? did u drop it from a plane or something? did a search on instagram for hashtag #gpw1000 , saw quite a few of drop tests and all but none of them mention anything about the scratch. if thats the case then my watch's material is of inferior grade or something.

#711 ·
The watch was on my left wrist. I reached across with my right hand to grab my car seatbelt. When I pulled the belt across my chest the steel buckle came into contact with the bezel. It didn't hit it, it slid across it and took off a small amount of the coating off. Personally I'd rather have a small scratch of the same color rather than what I have - a silverish mark that stands out.

It's possible that the coating was not well applied on this particular bezel, sort of like those handfull of people who have peeling on their bands. An anomaly rather than a problem. Regardless, it needs to be fixed, which I will do, then sell it, then go back to my trusty GWA1100 that has a protected bezel.

#712 ·
The watch was on my left wrist. I reached across with my right hand to grab my car seatbelt. When I pulled the belt across my chest the steel buckle came into contact with the bezel. It didn't hit it, it slid across it and took off a small amount of the coating off. Personally I'd rather have a small scratch of the same color rather than what I have - a silverish mark that stands out.

It's possible that the coating was not well applied on this particular bezel, sort of like those handfull of people who have peeling on their bands. An anomaly rather than a problem. Regardless, it needs to be fixed, which I will do, then sell it, then go back to my trusty GWA1100 that has a protected bezel.
Hello, do you have a picture of the scratch?
Just to see how is the titanium bezel under the black dlc.

#713 · (Edited)
This thread needs more pics!! ;-)

My first BEAST (from many moons and more BEASTS ago), and one of the best!! :)

#716 ·
Beast came along for the ride today...............

Wrist Watch Hand Driving Steering part

#721 ·
GPW-1000-1B ..................................................... 28 watches (Steelinox, Knives and Lint, D1cky986, John_Harrison, Bulldog1, Shms59, aRogue, Chrisboy, Wotch, Stan54, Emergency, Ericwanch, JSM9872, PeeDee, Fendushi, G-Frank, Mudman, Ryan Bishop, G-Shock Protection, Robert Hoffmann, Dwsjr50, Greyburn, Woodville63, Volgofmr, Budikosu, Aalin13, Ky3mikael, Afterdarksg)

GPW-1000-1A ..................................................... 24 watches (Gripmaster, Olyeller68, Timesurfer, Sleeman, GunSmoke16610, Meridian, Eric5964, Boska, Andyahs, Shaggy2002, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, Togaflexed, Devastator01, JSM9872, Suaku, Haymant, Tropicscouser, Yoda2005, RedHerringHack, Badboy_ahiru)

GPW-1000-RAF ................................................... 23 watches (LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Time4playnow, Timesurfer, Showtime240, D1cky986, Sengyoku, Raff_Christ, Chypmun77, RHJones, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Yto1312, Jantyc, Hein W, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Phantasm, Gizzmo, JohnQFord, Kawei, PPP, Shameless)

GPW-1000-4A ..................................................... 21 watches (iJeff, Kawei, JonL, Timesurfer(2), Altan, D1cky986, Superflask, GeSte, Tgdtown, Raff_Christ, Aydrian, Mrcrooka1, Foxman2k, Bobbyc02, Alanarkadia, Sheldon Cooper, Lqhakeem, Milloncobra, Cbkihong, Andyahs)

GPW-1000-2A ..................................................... 17 watches (Gripmaster, Time4playnow, JonL, D1cky986, Erikm82, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Heuer_1153, GrafiXepressions, Mrcrooka1, Andyahs, Soulbridgemedia, TG8OH7, Kawei, Poovakkurussi, Lqhakeem, Veysern, Zf2)

GPW-1000FC-1A9 ................................................. 8 watches (Time4playnow, JonL, TG8OH7, Kawei, GilbertMark, Merlino, Haf, iCatchU)

GPW-1000T .......................................................... 4 watches (Lqhakeem, NorCal_PWRstroke, Terrygls, Nemo)

GPW-1000TBS ....................................................... 4 watches (Lqhakeem, Kawei, Raff_Christ, Neekg)

GPW-1000FC-1A ................................................... 1 watch (10-Dee-Q)

GPW-1000V .......................................................... 1 watchs (Nemo)

Together ............................................................ 131 watches

GGGPPPWWW - Time4playnow, JonL, Raff_Christ, Andyahs (3 watches)

GGPPWW - Gripmaster, Mrcrooka1, JSM9872, TG8OH7, Nemo (2 watches)

GPW - iJeff, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Gizzmo, GrafiXepressions, Aydrian, 10-Dee-Q, Foxman2k, Ericwanch, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, Soulbridgemedia, Togaflexed, PeeDee, Fendushi, G-Frank, Mudman, Ryan Bishop, Bobbyc02, Devastator01, G-Shock Protection, Suaku, GilbertMark, Haymant, Robert Hoffmann, Alanarkadia, Dwsjr50, Greyburn, Merlino, Tropicscouser, Woodville63, PPP, Sheldon Cooper, Haf, Poovakkurussi, iCatchU, Volgofmr, Shameless, Veysern, Yoda2005, JohnQFord, Budikosu, Milloncobra, RedHerringHack, Badboy_ahiru, Aalin13, NorCal_PWRstroke, Terrygls, Neekg, Ky3mikael, Cbkihong, Zf2, Afterdarksg (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

Reactions: andyahs
#723 ·
BEASTLY FRIDAY..............

Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Strap

#728 ·
#726 ·

GPW-1000-4A ..................................................... 21 watches (iJeff, Kawei, JonL, Timesurfer(2), Altan, D1cky986, Superflask, GeSte, Tgdtown, Raff_Christ, Aydrian, Mrcrooka1, Foxman2k, Bobbyc02, Alanarkadia, Sheldon Cooper, Lqhakeem, Milloncobra, Cbkihong, Andyahs)

GPW-1000V .......................................................... 2 watches (Nemo, Psikat)

GPW-1000FC-1A ................................................... 1 watch
(10-Dee-Q)

Together ............................................................ 132 watches

GGGPPPWWW - Time4playnow, JonL, Raff_Christ, Andyahs (3 watches)

GGPPWW - Gripmaster, Mrcrooka1, JSM9872, TG8OH7, Nemo (2 watches)

GPW - iJeff, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Gizzmo, GrafiXepressions, Aydrian, 10-Dee-Q, Foxman2k, Ericwanch, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, Soulbridgemedia, Togaflexed, PeeDee, Fendushi, G-Frank, Mudman, Ryan Bishop, Bobbyc02, Devastator01, G-Shock Protection, Suaku, GilbertMark, Haymant, Robert Hoffmann, Alanarkadia, Dwsjr50, Greyburn, Merlino, Tropicscouser, Woodville63, PPP, Sheldon Cooper, Haf, Poovakkurussi, iCatchU, Volgofmr, Shameless, Veysern, Yoda2005, JohnQFord, Budikosu, Milloncobra, RedHerringHack, Badboy_ahiru, Aalin13, NorCal_PWRstroke, Terrygls, Neekg, Ky3mikael, Cbkihong, Zf2, Afterdarksg, Psikat (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

Reactions: JSM9872
#727 ·
My Beast was ready to go today morning...........(every other watch I have needed DST adjustment).

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

#729 ·
Hello guys, I have followed this thread keenly and I have seen a lot of interesting stuffs here which has helped me to decide the "BEAST" is the way to go but the only thing holding me back is if it will seat well on my 6.5" wrist. I like big watches tho but I hope this wont be uncomfortably big. Thanks guyz!!!

#731 ·
Hello cbkihong, thanks for the reply I've been quite confused about the size and the one to get I'm in between the GPW1000-1b and GPW1000T. With pictures I've seen I realise the 1B is very stealth (I like the my G's blacked out lol) but I'm also looking at the 1T but I could not justify the extra bucks u have to shell out just bcos of few pieces of titanium.

#733 ·
I'm starting to plan on selling my Royal Air Force beast to get the titanium beast. In my opinion that titanium version is the best looking.

Also, do they still make the Royal Air Force or was that a limited number? I only ask because certain sellers have new in box stock and the price is pretty close to what I paid a year ago, and then there's other people charging a lot more.

#735 ·
Beast checked out Texas earlier this week.............

Watch Wrist Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory

#739 · (Edited)
I'm an engineer and a Ham Radio op. Receivers have oscillators at an intermediate frequency (IF), some harmonic of the desired receiving frequency, that can leak and interfere with other GPS receivers. This is how radar detector detectors work, how Johnny law knows you have a radar detector (for those in areas where they are illegal like Virginia). Good ($$$$ like V1) radar detectors are shielded or use an unusual IF or both. The beast is probably not well shielded, explaining the "Airplane Mode" it has.

That leaky IF raises the noise floor on the particular frequencies used by GPS, which is already a very weak signal. It would act as a sort of jammer, theoretically. Although, I work around a lot of GPS receivers used as time bases for precision instrumentation and the BEAST has yet to interfere. So I think we are safe. :)

One last thing: The beast would only interfere when the receiver is receiving, not constantly. I will test and report back if I can make it interfere, now that I am curious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.