GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all. - Page 20
Like Tree2673Likes

Thread: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Page 20 of 105 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 ... LastLast

Re: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddo View Post
    It's ruined!!!!!

Attachment 2860577

Phreddo, what happen here? Did you paint the letters in white with what base? U should be able to remove it and redo it again if you want. No biggie.

Cheers,
    -Kawei-

Sent from Kawei HQ...

GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

It's ruined!!!!!

Attachment 2860577

It's not ruined, it's got "character" !

Leave er be, and just enjoy the heck out of it...

Electronic post generated by human via apple interface...
    Phreddo likes this.
    Nylon NATION Co-Conspirator
    Lug Hole Loyalist
    Chamfer Line Inspector

Quote Originally Posted by Kawei View Post
    Phreddo, what happen here? Did you paint the letters in white with what base? U should be able to remove it and redo it again if you want. No biggie.

Cheers,
    -Kawei-

Sent from Kawei HQ...
    That's a nick above the "T". I'm showing my first scratch on the most expensive watch I've ever owned.

It's going to take time to get used to this thing accumulating scuffs, but that's the whole point. It's supposed to be tough, tough guys have scars.

But I'll always prefer resin/plastic over metal for impact resistance.

The other bummer is that the DLC will be harder to treat than regular stainless steel. Can't just buff this out.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    Kawei likes this.
    When there is doubt, there is no doubt.

GPW-1000-2A checking in.

GPW-1000-RAF .................................................. . 19 watches (LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Time4playnow, Timesurfer, Showtime240, Spyharpy, D1cky986, Sengyoku, Raff_Christ, Chypmun77, RHJones, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Yto1312, Jantyc, Hein W, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Phantasm)

GPW-1000-4A .................................................. ... 11 watches (iJeff, Kawei, JonL, Timesurfer(2), Altan, D1cky986, Superflask, GeSte, Tgdtown, Raff_Christ)

GPW-1000-1A .................................................. ... 11 watches (Gripmaster, Olyeller68, Timesurfer, Sleeman, GunSmoke16610, Meridian, Phreddo, Eric5964, Boska, Andyahs, Shaggy2002)

GPW-1000-1B .................................................. ... 11 watches (Steelinox, Knives and Lint, D1cky986, John_Harrison, Bulldog1, Shms59, aRogue, Chrisboy, Wotch, Stan54, Emergency)

GPW-1000-2A .................................................. .... 7 watches (Gripmaster, Time4playnow, JonL, D1cky986, Erikm82, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Heuer_1153)

GPW-1000FC-1A9 ................................................. 1 watch (Time4playnow)

GPW-1000FC-1A

Together .................................................. .......... 60 watches

GGGGPPPPWWWW - Timesurfer, D1cky986 (4 watches)
    GGGPPPWWW - Time4playnow (3 watches)
    GGPPWW - Gripmaster, JonL, Raff_Christ (2 watches)
    GPW - iJeff, Kawei, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Spyharpy, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Phreddo, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Andyahs, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153 (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

That's a nick above the "T". I'm showing my first scratch on the most expensive watch I've ever owned.

It's going to take time to get used to this thing accumulating scuffs, but that's the whole point. It's supposed to be tough, tough guys have scars.

The other bummer is that the DLC will be harder to treat than regular stainless steel. Can't just buff this out.

Oh... dang, a nick I see... yup. Its alright, I know what you mean now. How did you bang it up? Think of it as battle scars

I thought it was when you painted the letters white and you accidentally painted a bit off. What was the inspiration to paint it white?

A macro shot would be cool if you get the time. I can't tell how deep you banged it.

Cheers,
    -Kawei-

That DLC is supposed to be pretty tough. How hard did you have to hit it, and what did you hit it on, to make that nick?

Quote Originally Posted by Kawei View Post
    Oh... dang, a nick I see... yup. Its alright, I know what you mean now. How did you bang it up? Think of it as battle scars

I thought it was when you painted the letters white and you accidentally painted a bit off. What was the inspiration to paint it white?

A macro shot would be cool if you get the time. I can't tell how deep you banged it.

Cheers,
    -Kawei-

No paint, that's how it came out of the box. This is the US version, with the blue accents.

I honestly have no idea what I hit or how the nick happened. I have a fairly physical job with a bulk CO2 delivery truck, so I'm constantly working around the truck, manipulating valves, connecting and disconnecting the fill line at each stop, etc. Could have been a pipe, a valve, a wall, just something on the truck, you name it.

So the coating might be tough, but the metal underneath, not as much. I was hoping this was more of a treatment that hardened the metal like a shell rather than just a coating. I hope it doesn't rust o_O

Blech, that closeup is NOISY.

Name:  IMAG3314_1[1].jpg
Views: 813
Size:  95.8 KB

No, DLC is just a coating, it won't affect the hardness of the underlying metal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond-like_carbon

Sorry about your watch, but it still looks cool to me!

No paint, that's how it came out of the box. This is the US version, with the blue accents.

I honestly have no idea what I hit or how the nick happened. I have a fairly physical job with a bulk CO2 delivery truck, so I'm constantly working around the truck, manipulating valves, connecting and disconnecting the fill line at each stop, etc. Could have been a pipe, a valve, a wall, just something on the truck, you name it.

So the coating might be tough, but the metal underneath, not as much. I was hoping this was more of a treatment that hardened the metal like a shell rather than just a coating. I hope it doesn't rust o_O

Blech, that closeup is NOISY.

Name:  IMAG3314_1[1].jpg
Views: 813
Size:  95.8 KB

This watch is amazing! I just checked my GPW to see if it synced - it said NO (it's late night/early morning - 3 am). Stood next to a closed window, pressed the lower right button until it went into TIME receive mode, then it took 10 seconds to GPS sync with one satellite. Only 10 seconds to sync the time! That is really fast! Very cool watch. I'm impressed with the speed.

I thought my Gulfmaster was fast syncing in 3 minutes at L3, which is 1 minute faster than my other Multi-Band 6 watches. When the GPW uses Multi-Band 6 it takes the same 3 minute time as the Gulfmaster. Going into to TIME receive mode uses one GPS satellite instead of the Radio Tower signal.

Just wanted to share one great benefit of this watch - nearly instant time syncing.

Page 20 of 105 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread Information