WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

177K views 1K replies 212 participants last post by  therion 
#1 ·
This is the official GPW B E A S T THREAD OF AWESOMENESS the only purpose of which is the glorification, showing off, celebration and general awesomisation of our BEASTs....

If you have a GPW. If you are skydiving with it from a Space Capsule. If you are driving 300kph on a race track in a Bugatti Veyron Spider. If you are piloting a WW I fighterplane. If you are eating a XL doublecheesegoldencrust megapizza with pineapples and barbecuesauce all by yourself. If you are doing anything remotely awesome while wearing your BEAST - we want to know. We want to SEE it. So far these incredible devices have been shown in their cozy little boxes, on their pillow surrounded by dark leather and golden writing.

This ends NOW! And this here is the place to show off your heroic deeds! GO! :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart:rodekaart

#920 ·
I cannot find a single wrist shot of the GPW-1000TBS-1A in the G-Shock forum. What gives?

#922 · (Edited)
My BEAST has arrived:

Setting this up seems like a nightmare compared to the Mudmaster. Any quick tips?
Congrats!! Looks nice!

Setup - actually it's easy! Crown out to 1st click sets your world time zone (city). Crown to 2nd click sets your local timezone city.

Press and hold lower right button until second hand points to "Time" for a GPS Time sync; or till second hand points to "T&P" for a full GPS time and position sync.

Not much else to do!

#923 · (Edited)
Reactions: Devil13
#928 · (Edited)
Seriously lusting over the GPW-1000V lately. Doesnt help i can get it for about 600 new. Still a little on the fence about the lug2lug for my 7,5 inch wrist. I was wondering if you guys know if the hour markers on this model are lumed just like the other GPWS? And if it is equally as strong. Thanks for your replies!

gr, HJR

#929 ·
According to Piowa's previous counts Nemo has one. Try PM him to confirm. I believe it is similar to that of my VFC, that only the tip part of the hourly markers (the part which rests on the ring) has the lume, unlike some other GPWs that have the lume that covers the entire marker.

#932 ·
Depends. Mine varies from a minute to several. It's not like a GPS or satellite radio receiver just picking up a signal. Takes a bit longer.

#934 ·
It is very easy, and pretty fast, to switch time zones on the GPW. Just pull out the crown, select your new timezone city, and you're done! You don't have to use the GPS function to do this.

Reactions: mharris660
#935 ·
Oh well of course it's easy if you want to use the functionality that most G-Shocks have. I assumed the point was to utilize the GPS. Carry on.

#937 · (Edited)
More I look at this Beast, more I want it!!! Do I need another G??? No- but if a good Christmas deal will come then I might get one. It is an awesome watch!!! I wonder if it's possible to plastidip the bezel so writings will be black as well as plastidip would prevent the scratches on the most affordable 1AJF. How easy/hard it is to separate the bezel on these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#938 ·
Can anyone suggest a watch box that has big enough compartments to hold the Beast? I'm sure that its no surprise to anyone on here that the Gshock addiction can get out of hand! Would like to consolidate all of them in one box. I found this one that should fit the bill but can't be sure without trying it out:

XL Watch Box for Large Watches | High Clearance Top | Tech Swiss Organizers

Worried that the thickness of the watch might not allow the lid to close. Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

#939 ·
You don't want one with drawers. That I can tell you.

#941 ·
Yep. If you get one that matches the bracelet you're in for another surprise on top of your first one.

Reactions: WES51
#951 ·
First posted this picture on the WRUW for today, Jan 20, 2017, and thought that I should share it here too. It's been a while since I've worn it but having it on really reminded me about how much I love this watch.

I wanted to take it apart to clean underneath the bezel abut couldn't find anything online so I just threw caution into the wind and started taking it apart slowly to get at the individual case and bezel parts for cleaning. It almost feels like new now...except for the slight cracking on the strap.

#953 ·
It almost feels like new now...except for the slight cracking on the strap.
Have you talked to Casio about that? Doesn't sound right on such an expensive quartz watch. I would think that they'd replace it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.