WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

177K views 1K replies 212 participants last post by  therion 
#1 ·
This is the official GPW B E A S T THREAD OF AWESOMENESS the only purpose of which is the glorification, showing off, celebration and general awesomisation of our BEASTs....

If you have a GPW. If you are skydiving with it from a Space Capsule. If you are driving 300kph on a race track in a Bugatti Veyron Spider. If you are piloting a WW I fighterplane. If you are eating a XL doublecheesegoldencrust megapizza with pineapples and barbecuesauce all by yourself. If you are doing anything remotely awesome while wearing your BEAST - we want to know. We want to SEE it. So far these incredible devices have been shown in their cozy little boxes, on their pillow surrounded by dark leather and golden writing.

This ends NOW! And this here is the place to show off your heroic deeds! GO! :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart:rodekaart

#1,007 ·
Re: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Had to also post this here, from the GPW-1000T-1A:

#1,008 ·
Turns out I had some time to take a few shots tonite. Caveat: I never claimed to have any photography skills! ;-) They are high-res, if nothing else! :-d But hopefully these will give you some clue of the awesomeness of this watch! (p.s. if Wes drools a little from viewing them, my job is accomplished! :-d:-d)

GPW-1000T-1A

#1,009 ·
Absolutely amazing!!! Love it!!!! :) :) :) The best GPW1000 out there!!!!!

Turns out I had some time to take a few shots tonite. Caveat: I never claimed to have any photography skills! ;-) They are high-res, if nothing else! :-d But hopefully these will give you some clue of the awesomeness of this watch! (p.s. if Wes drools a little from viewing them, my job is accomplished! :-d:-d)

GPW-1000T-1A

#1,011 ·
#1,020 ·
You guys all need to stop posting pics of the Ti version of the Beast. I'm barely hold out as it is. Seeing pictures of it's not helping my sense of fiscal responsibility!

hehe, you all enjoy that titanium wonder! I sure do love it.
Fiscal responsibility is greatly overrated.... :-d:-d

#1,024 · (Edited)
It seems that the prices of the GPW-1000T on Amazon are no longer at $670, but have gone back up closer to $800. ($798, currently)

Fortunately, those who want one can still get the incredible deal from that infamous Ebay seller, at $599!! :-! (apparently, he still has 94 in-stock) Love this watch!!!! :):-!:-!:-!

#1,026 · (Edited)
GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Thought I'd throw this here on the thread and then update when repair is made.

Never did have much luck with my GPW-1000, so I sent it off to The Time Machine in SoCal for repair.

The second hand was constantly getting stuck at various positions around the dial. In addition it would not perform a GPS sync. Should arrive to them on Monday and I am hoping turn-around will be just a couple weeks.

Like the watch, just need to get it working properly.

#1,032 ·
Hi i just received my gpw 1000t adr model. its look great, i just have a question, in the back cover the details in the back, it looks like its not engraved in the metal back cover and more like a print, maybe because the cover is black they use print so that details can be seen and read easily? i use to own other model but stainless steel back cover and details is engraved in the metal cover. now in titanium gpw, maybe because its black thats why its not engraved and looks like print or something? only the tripple g resist logo is engraved at the back. I didnt see anyone mention that in any post thats why i ask here. thank you for any reply.

#1,033 ·
Yes, its printed on the black back cover, not engraved. Also, not sure if the other models are the same, or not.

#1,038 ·
My latest pickup a GPW1000RD for a steal...first of these in my collection, and the best colourway in my eyes! :) :)
NICE, super pickup, CONGRATS!!!! :-!:-!:-! I love that one, I actually just got mine out to wear today. :)

I think that just like the GWG-1000RDs, these GPW-1000RDs will do nothing but go up in price as they get more and more scarce. AFAIK they are not being produced anymore, just like the GWG-1000RDs. So it's likely to be worth even mo' money down the road! ;-):-d

Reactions: bncrpt
#1,041 ·
Does anyone know where I could pick up a GPW1000-2A (navy blue and orange) for a reasonable price? Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
That's a tough task. I don't think that version was ever sold in the U.S. And now, it seems like quantities are dwindling - and prices are going up. You could check Rakuten but I doubt they have any. Probably your best bet is to keep an eye on WatchRecon and try to pick up a used one in great condition. Good luck!

Reactions: sammysy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.