WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

177K views 1K replies 212 participants last post by  therion 
#1 ·
This is the official GPW B E A S T THREAD OF AWESOMENESS the only purpose of which is the glorification, showing off, celebration and general awesomisation of our BEASTs....

If you have a GPW. If you are skydiving with it from a Space Capsule. If you are driving 300kph on a race track in a Bugatti Veyron Spider. If you are piloting a WW I fighterplane. If you are eating a XL doublecheesegoldencrust megapizza with pineapples and barbecuesauce all by yourself. If you are doing anything remotely awesome while wearing your BEAST - we want to know. We want to SEE it. So far these incredible devices have been shown in their cozy little boxes, on their pillow surrounded by dark leather and golden writing.

This ends NOW! And this here is the place to show off your heroic deeds! GO! :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart:rodekaart

#1,051 ·
I have always admired this model the most of g-shocks. Now I found one new with a really good price.

I read about the problem with a strap (peeling etc.) I have couple questions regarding that.

1. How common that problem seems to be right now? Is it so with everyone's gpw-1000?
2. Is it possible that the problem has been fixed with watches made later?
3. Is the problem only with black strap?
4. Does anyone know where that combibracelet is sold at the moment with best price?
5. How long do you think spare straps will be available? Should I buy one right now if my strap gets bad? Or are those available after few years?

Thanks!

#1,054 ·
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

Received this GPW-1000-1a today! I have always admired this watch but found it too expensive but now I found it cheap enough. I really like it! Not too big. Pictures make it seem bigger but irl it is not so huge. :)
GPS sync worked perfectly!

G21D280F
<- Does this serial mean that this watch was manufactured in 2016?

#1,058 ·
Never changed a battery in one.

What "second battery"?? :think:

#1,059 ·
from the manual:

"If the
second hand moves to 12 o'clock and stops there for some time after the watch is continuously
exposed to light, it could mean that charging is not possible due to over-discharge. Contact your
retailer and request replacement of the secondary battery."

#1,060 ·
from the manual:

"If the
second hand moves to 12 o'clock and stops there for some time after the watch is continuously
exposed to light, it could mean that charging is not possible due to over-discharge. Contact your
retailer and request replacement of the secondary battery."
I suspect that the phrase "secondary battery," which does appear more than once, was just the use of poor wording or possibly a bad translation. In other places, it says "a battery" or "the battery." I think there is only a single rechargeable battery.

Also, on the last page of the manual under specifications (believe it's page E-78), it says the following:

#1,061 ·
Hey! Is that combi bracelet good? I am thinking of buying one even I like this carbon fiber band and it does not seem to peel like some of these have. But I think I would like to have that bracelet also if some day I want to change it. Is it better than resin band?

Also if someone knows where to get gpw-1000 bands and bracelets cheapest tell me :) So far I found bracelet for about 100euros and about same price with bands.

#1,063 ·
View attachment 12976205

Just ordered the 'Beast' and thinking about getting a link bracelet for better comfort.
I had the standard blue but I found it to big & heavy.

Anyone got any experience with the alternate bracelet and I'm guessing it fits all GPW-1000 models?
Not sure what you're referring to when you say "standard blue"??? :-s

I have the black FC bracelet that you pictured there for the GPW-1000. Yes, it fits all GPW-1000 versions. It's very comfortable, some will like it better than the straps. Has the standard microadjustments in the clasp. A very nice bracelet.

Reactions: CC
#1,074 ·
I just got one a few days ago, it truly is a beast :)

The bracelet is absolutely stunning:

I haven't expected to like it as much as I do, I thought it would be way to big. It is big, but it's very well balanced. I love the aged bezel!

Reactions: Aydrian and fmc000
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.