GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all. - Page 30
Like Tree2667Likes

Thread: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Page 30 of 104 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 ... LastLast

Re: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ericwanch View Post
    I just wanted to test and make sure all the watch functions are as described. The auto GPS sync didn't happen yesterday after a couple of minutes in the open and like you I resorted to manual sync. This morning, I tried again. Stood in the middle of my company's stockyard for close to 4 minutes before the second hand moved to the "Time" marking to sync. So it does actually works. In comparison, yesterday was a rather cloudy day compared to today which is bright and sunny.

Having both the Beast and Astron, I can compare the 2 and while auto-sync, the Astron is very quick to start. It will sync the moment it senses strong sunlight. Overall time to complete sync (manual sync for time + position), I would say that the Astron is also slightly quicker.
    Just wanted to follow-up on my previous, recent posts for anyone interested. Today, it was a brilliant sunny day here (despite being 9 degrees F this morning!). I didn't feel like going outside, so I took my GPW RAF (which did not sync last night) and aimed it out the sunny window. It started the GPS sync process after only 30 seconds -- and completed the sync in less than 10 seconds! This seems to support the idea that the GPS sync process depends on the amount and/or intensity of light outdoors to kick it off. (as mine did not even begin to sync the other day after being outdoors for 7-8 minutes under very overcast, winter stormy skies)

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Just wanted to follow-up on my previous, recent posts for anyone interested. Today, it was a brilliant sunny day here (despite being 9 degrees F this morning!). I didn't feel like going outside, so I took my GPW RAF (which did not sync last night) and aimed it out the sunny window. It started the GPS sync process after only 30 seconds -- and completed the sync in less than 10 seconds! This seems to support the idea that the GPS sync process depends on the amount and/or intensity of light outdoors to kick it off. (as mine did not even begin to sync the other day after being outdoors for 7-8 minutes under very overcast, winter stormy skies)
    The power draw for GPS sync prolly is predicated on activation of the solar panel to receive light....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nylon NATION Co-Conspirator
    Lug Hole Loyalist
    Chamfer Line Inspector

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Perhaps you mis-read the manual. It actually says that the auto GPS sync will only work if the (atomic) signal reception the previous night was UNsuccessful. After all, if the atomic signal sync was successful, there is no need for an auto-GPS sync.

So to answer the original poster's question - how do you determine if the auto-GPS sync was successful -- in the morning, before wearing your GPW outside, find out if the atomic sync was successful overnight. If it was not, then once you've worn the watch outside or in the car, just check for the "yes"/"no" signal reception after awhile, and if it says "yes," then you know the GPS sync worked. It's that easy.
    I got it entirely 'bass-ackwards' over the course of two or three readings. You're absolutely right ... sorry if i mislead anybody. Thanks for the correction.
    Time4Playnow likes this.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

@nelamvr6

Interesting, maybe I should do that side by side to verify.

But I guess a lot can influence the time needed to sync. From my experience with the Astron, if I did a time+position sync from the same location I did previously, the sync is much faster. However, if the previous sync was done in a different location/city, it will take a little longer to complete (even though the time zone is the same). I believe the watch has a built-in memory of its last location which is used during the next sync as a reference check & if you in the same location it verifies quicker. Similar to a handheld/car GPS like the Garmin, Papago etc.

Of course other factors such as intensity of light, weather, how open is the location etc does affect each watch differently I would presume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ericwanch; March 7th, 2015 at 13:58.
    nelamvr6 likes this.
    • Casio G-Shock GXW-56-1BJF; GW-9400RDJ-4JF; G-5600E-1JF; GW-M5610B-1JF; GPW-1000-1BJF; GR-8900A-7DR
    • Seiko Monster SRP313J1; Astron SBXA033;
    • Rolex Explorer II 216570
    • Defakto Eins - White
    • Panerai PAM 000M
    • Stowa Marine Original Serial
    • Tissot T-Touch Expert Titanium T013.420.47.202.00
    • IWC Fliegerchronograph 3717
    • Omega Seamaster 300M Chronometer 2220.80.00
    • Tag Heuer Professional 3000 Series Quartz

LP
    Quote Originally Posted by ericwanch View Post
    @nelamvr6

Interesting, maybe I should do that side by side to verify.

But I guess a lot can influence the time needed to sync. From my experience with the Astron, if I did a time+position sync from the same location I did previously, the sync is much faster. However, if the previous sync was done in a different location/city, it will take a little longer to complete (even though the time zone is the same). I believe the watch has a built-in memory of its last location which is used during the next sync as a reference check & if you in the same location it verifies quicker. Similar to a handheld/car GPS like the Garmin, Papago etc.

Of course other factors such as intensity of light, weather, how open is the location etc does affect each watch differently I would presume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    All true. Be sure to post the results of your experiment...

Just got my GPW1000FC-1A9 today!!

After owning the GWA1100, I now know that this is the watch I should have had all along.

Question, does anyone know if the regular resin bands can be purchased separately? I'd love to get my hands on one to switch things up from time to time.

Name:  IMG_1703.JPG
Views: 583
Size:  1.74 MB
    Last edited by TG8OH7; March 10th, 2015 at 03:49.
    Pete26, MUDMAN, JonL and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TG8OH7 View Post
    Just got my GPW1000FC-1A9 today!!

After owning the GWA1100, I now know that this is the watch I should have had all along.

Question, does anyone know if the regular resin bands can be purchased separately? I'd love to get my hands on one to switch things up from time to time.

Name:  IMG_1703.JPG
Views: 583
Size:  1.74 MB
    Congrats! Sure, you can get the resin bands thru pac parts.

GPW-1000-RAF .................................................. . 21 watches (LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Time4playnow, Timesurfer, Showtime240, Spyharpy, D1cky986, Sengyoku, Raff_Christ, Chypmun77, RHJones, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Yto1312, Jantyc, Hein W, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Phantasm, Gizzmo, JohnQFord)

GPW-1000-4A .................................................. ... 15 watches (iJeff, Kawei, JonL, Timesurfer(2), Altan, D1cky986, Superflask, GeSte, Tgdtown, Raff_Christ, JohnQFord, Aydrian, Mrcrooka1, Foxman2k)

GPW-1000-1A .................................................. ... 13 watches (Gripmaster, Olyeller68, Timesurfer, Sleeman, GunSmoke16610, Meridian, Phreddo, Eric5964, Boska, Andyahs, Shaggy2002, Nelamvr6, Drash11)

GPW-1000-1B .................................................. ... 12 watches (Steelinox, Knives and Lint, D1cky986, John_Harrison, Bulldog1, Shms59, aRogue, Chrisboy, Wotch, Stan54, Emergency, Ericwanch)

GPW-1000-2A .................................................. .... 9 watches (Gripmaster, Time4playnow, JonL, D1cky986, Erikm82, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Heuer_1153, GrafiXepressions, Mrcrooka1)

GPW-1000FC-1A9 ................................................. 3 watches (Time4playnow, JonL, TG8OH7)

GPW-1000FC-1A .................................................. 1 watch (10-Dee-Q)

Together .................................................. .......... 74 watches

GGGGPPPPWWWW - Timesurfer, D1cky986 (4 watches)
    GGGPPPWWW - Time4playnow, JonL (3 watches)
    GGPPWW - Gripmaster, Raff_Christ, Mrcrooka1, JohnQFord (2 watches)
    GPW - iJeff, Kawei, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Spyharpy, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Phreddo, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Andyahs, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Gizzmo, GrafiXepressions, Aydrian, 10-Dee-Q, Foxman2k, Ericwanch, TG8OH7 (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

Un-accounted RAF2... Lets try again...

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425966436.412249.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  221.0 KB

Cheers,
    -Kawei-

Sent from Kawei HQ...
    Pete26, MUDMAN, nelamvr6 and 2 others like this.

GPW-1000-RAF .................................................. . 22 watches (LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Time4playnow, Timesurfer, Showtime240, Spyharpy, D1cky986, Sengyoku, Raff_Christ, Chypmun77, RHJones, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Yto1312, Jantyc, Hein W, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Phantasm, Gizzmo, JohnQFord, Kawei)

GPW-1000-4A .................................................. ... 15 watches (iJeff, Kawei, JonL, Timesurfer(2), Altan, D1cky986, Superflask, GeSte, Tgdtown, Raff_Christ, JohnQFord, Aydrian, Mrcrooka1, Foxman2k)

GPW-1000-1A .................................................. ... 13 watches (Gripmaster, Olyeller68, Timesurfer, Sleeman, GunSmoke16610, Meridian, Phreddo, Eric5964, Boska, Andyahs, Shaggy2002, Nelamvr6, Drash11)

GPW-1000-1B .................................................. ... 12 watches (Steelinox, Knives and Lint, D1cky986, John_Harrison, Bulldog1, Shms59, aRogue, Chrisboy, Wotch, Stan54, Emergency, Ericwanch)

GPW-1000-2A .................................................. .... 9 watches (Gripmaster, Time4playnow, JonL, D1cky986, Erikm82, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Heuer_1153, GrafiXepressions, Mrcrooka1)

GPW-1000FC-1A9 ................................................. 3 watches (Time4playnow, JonL, TG8OH7)

GPW-1000FC-1A .................................................. 1 watch (10-Dee-Q)

Together .................................................. .......... 75 watches

GGGGPPPPWWWW - Timesurfer, D1cky986 (4 watches)
    GGGPPPWWW - Time4playnow, JonL (3 watches)
    GGPPWW - Gripmaster, Raff_Christ, Mrcrooka1, JohnQFord, Kawei (2 watches)
    GPW - iJeff, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Spyharpy, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Phreddo, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Andyahs, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Gizzmo, GrafiXepressions, Aydrian, 10-Dee-Q, Foxman2k, Ericwanch, TG8OH7 (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

Page 30 of 104 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread Information