GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all. - Page 39
Like Tree2673Likes

Thread: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 ... LastLast

Re: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

BTW, for those who are curious about the size of these beasts, here are some comparison photos with a GW-A1000. I was quite curious myself before I got one and I could not find many comparison photos for me to judge. Let these be another "educational" photos for those who not fortunate enough to have their local store stock these babies. I drove about 45 minutes in traffic from where I live to live handle these beasts in every colour except RAF version.

BTW, I have a very skinny ass 6.5 inch wrist. These shots make it look even smaller because I had to move those watches to the side of my wrist to reduce the glare.

Here is a better wrist shot I took a couple of days ago:

I used to have a fatter 7 inch wrist a few years ago, when I was 30kgs (66lbs) heavier!
    Pete26, aalin13, Aydrian and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fendushi View Post

BTW, I have a very skinny ass 6.5 inch wrist. These shots make it look even smaller because I had to move those watches to the side of my wrist to reduce the glare.

Here is a better wrist shot I took a couple of days ago:

I used to have a fatter 7 inch wrist a few years ago, when I was 30kgs (66lbs) heavier!
    Geez ... you're gonna' have to pack those pounds on again ... for a 'better fit' ... now THAT'S a 'CATCH 22' !!!
    Last edited by JohnQFord; March 29th, 2015 at 00:37.
    fendushi likes this.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

I ended up giving in and purchased my very own GPW-1000-1B. Hopefully should have it by late next week before the Easter period.

Hoping this watch satisfies my need for a durable yet stylish looking timepiece.
    fendushi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Bishop View Post
    I ended up giving in and purchased my very own GPW-1000-1B. Hopefully should have it by late next week before the Easter period.

Hoping this watch satisfies my need for a durable yet stylish looking timepiece.

You will love this watch! Just for you, a quick comparison shot with the Rangeman:

Quote Originally Posted by fendushi View Post
    You will love this watch! Just for you, a quick comparison shot with the Rangeman:

I was about to ask if you can do a comparison with the rangeman after your last post as the rangeman is the biggest watch I have

I can see the beast really is a beast, just wondering how does it feel compare to the rangeman? Does it feel oversized? And can you do a side profile comparison shot as well? Thanks!
    G-Shock DW-6900B-9
    G-Shock MRG-110-7
    G-Shock G-5600E-1
    G-Shock GW-5000-1
    G-Shock DW-5000-1JF
    Seiko SBDX001
    Seiko SBBN013
    Oris Williams F1 Team Day Date 2008 (black dial)
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005

Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    I was about to ask if you can do a comparison with the rangeman after your last post as the rangeman is the biggest watch I have

I can see the beast really is a beast, just wondering how does it feel compare to the rangeman? Does it feel oversized? And can you do a side profile comparison shot as well? Thanks!
    It took me a minute to find them but I posted these comparisons last week. I deleted the pics or I would have dropped them here too but this is the link to it.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/wruw-thursday-19-march-2015-a-1690378-post14049106.html

It's definitely a large piece and feels larger than the Rangeman but to me it wears fine and feels good. It's been getting a lot of wrist time for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JSM9872; March 29th, 2015 at 04:58.

Hi all, I'm a recent convert from automatics and I'm interested in this model of g-shock however I'm curious about something I couldn't find an answer to, even in the manual.

Underneath the the dial there seems to be another hand down there from the photos on a dial that goes around the outer edge of the bezel reading from .1 to .9 behind everything else. Does anyone know what it's for or even what I'm talking about?

GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by LastStarfighter View Post
    Hi all, I'm a recent convert from automatics and I'm interested in this model of g-shock however I'm curious about something I couldn't find an answer to, even in the manual.

Underneath the the dial there seems to be another hand down there from the photos on a dial that goes around the outer edge of the bezel reading from .1 to .9 behind everything else. Does anyone know what it's for or even what I'm talking about?
    I do see that scale on the dial 0.1 to 10.0 (which is 12 o'clock )...
    And each mark in between is 1/20 or .05seconds...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by STEELINOX; March 31st, 2015 at 00:22.
    Nylon NATION Co-Conspirator
    Lug Hole Loyalist
    Chamfer Line Inspector

Quote Originally Posted by LastStarfighter View Post

Stopwatch mode. Second hand will show 1/20 second intervals.

Sent from my Nexus 9
    Last edited by andyahs; March 30th, 2015 at 20:57.
    STEELINOX likes this.

There seems to be a hand there though from the photos or perhaps it's how the 24h 10 o'clock dial is attached to the face. In most pictures I've seen it seems to be at the top of the 10 o'clock sub dial pointing to .9

Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread Information