GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all. - Page 40
Like Tree2673Likes

Thread: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 90 ... LastLast

Re: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by LastStarfighter View Post
    There seems to be a hand there though from the photos or perhaps it's how the 24h 10 o'clock dial is attached to the face. In most pictures I've seen it seems to be at the top of the 10 o'clock sub dial pointing to .9
    It's not a hand. The reflection and the angle of the picture gives it that appearance. It's just the design around the sub-dial.

Sent from OnePlus One

Aha thanks for clarifying!

The beast is here. Took me a little while to figure out what was going on with the 24hr dial. Thought I was going crazy for a minute there lol.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1427868993906.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  1.07 MB
    Pete26, Aydrian and JohnQFord like this.

Hey guys, just a quick question. I did a manual sync and it got the correct time and timezone but just hung on the t+p configuration until I pressed the button again. I then pressed the button once to check the signal received and it points to 'No' but then goes and shows me the correct timezone and approximate latitude. I've tried manually syncing it a couple of times since and it seems to work but gets stuck on the t+p until I press a button. Should I be waiting longer for the GPS to finish working?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Bishop View Post
    Hey guys, just a quick question. I did a manual sync and it got the correct time and timezone but just hung on the t+p configuration until I pressed the button again. I then pressed the button once to check the signal received and it points to 'No' but then goes and shows me the correct timezone and approximate latitude. I've tried manually syncing it a couple of times since and it seems to work but gets stuck on the t+p until I press a button. Should I be waiting longer for the GPS to finish working?
    You are not leaving it long enough to sync. It can take up to 13 minutes - it's not hung on t+p....it's still trying to sync. Also, you only have to do a t+p sync once after that just do a t (time) sync.

Sent from OnePlus One

Quote Originally Posted by andyahs View Post
    You are not leaving it long enough to sync. It can take up to 13 minutes - it's not hung on t+p....it's still trying to sync. Also, you only have to do a t+p sync once after that just do a t (time) sync.

Sent from OnePlus One
    Ha, I thought so. I was getting a bit impatient staring at a motionless dial. I'll try again tomorrow.

GPW-1000-RAF .................................................. . 21 watches (LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Time4playnow, Timesurfer, Showtime240, D1cky986, Sengyoku, Raff_Christ, Chypmun77, RHJones, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Yto1312, Jantyc, Hein W, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Phantasm, Gizzmo, JohnQFord, Kawei)

GPW-1000-1B .................................................. ... 18 watches (Steelinox, Knives and Lint, D1cky986, John_Harrison, Bulldog1, Shms59, aRogue, Chrisboy, Wotch, Stan54, Emergency, Ericwanch, JSM9872, PeeDee, Fendushi, G-Frank, Mudman, Ryan Bishop)

GPW-1000-1A .................................................. ... 16 watches (Gripmaster, Olyeller68, Timesurfer, Sleeman, GunSmoke16610, Meridian, Eric5964, Boska, Andyahs, Shaggy2002, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, Togaflexed)

GPW-1000-4A .................................................. ... 15 watches (iJeff, Kawei, JonL, Timesurfer(2), Altan, D1cky986, Superflask, GeSte, Tgdtown, Raff_Christ, JohnQFord, Aydrian, Mrcrooka1, Foxman2k)

GPW-1000-2A .................................................. ... 11 watches (Gripmaster, Time4playnow, JonL, D1cky986, Erikm82, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Heuer_1153, GrafiXepressions, Mrcrooka1, Andyahs, Soulbridgemedia)

GPW-1000FC-1A9 ................................................. 3 watches (Time4playnow, JonL, TG8OH7)

GPW-1000FC-1A .................................................. 1 watch (10-Dee-Q)

Together .................................................. .......... 85 watches

GGGGPPPPWWWW - Timesurfer, D1cky986 (4 watches)
    GGGPPPWWW - Time4playnow, JonL (3 watches)
    GGPPWW - Gripmaster, Raff_Christ, Mrcrooka1, JohnQFord, Kawei, Andyahs (2 watches)
    GPW - iJeff, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Gizzmo, GrafiXepressions, Aydrian, 10-Dee-Q, Foxman2k, Ericwanch, TG8OH7, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, JSM9872, Soulbridgemedia, Togaflexed, PeeDee, Fendushi, G-Frank, Mudman, Ryan Bishop (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Bishop View Post
    Ha, I thought so. I was getting a bit impatient staring at a motionless dial. I'll try again tomorrow.
    I am assuming you just bought the watch and did the manual sync for the first time. Beside syncing for time and position, it will also do a leap second data download to adjust for earth movement to give a more precise time. This is normally done twice a year (in June and December) when the leap second data are available via the GPS. Thus for your first sync it will try to do the leap second data sync which can take much longer of upto 13mins or more. That is why you see the second hand stuck at T+P for very long time. Just be patient and wait until it completes. Do not press any button which will cancel the sync. Once done the next manual sync will be much quicker until the next leap second data available which if available will be in June and then again in December.
    • Casio G-Shock GXW-56-1BJF; GW-9400RDJ-4JF; G-5600E-1JF; GW-M5610B-1JF; GPW-1000-1BJF; GR-8900A-7DR
    • Seiko Monster SRP313J1; Astron SBXA033;
    • Rolex Explorer II 216570
    • Defakto Eins - White
    • Panerai PAM 000M
    • Stowa Marine Original Serial
    • Tissot T-Touch Expert Titanium T013.420.47.202.00
    • IWC Fliegerchronograph 3717
    • Omega Seamaster 300M Chronometer 2220.80.00
    • Tag Heuer Professional 3000 Series Quartz

Quote Originally Posted by ericwanch View Post
    I am assuming you just bought the watch and did the manual sync for the first time. Beside syncing for time and position, it will also do a leap second data download to adjust for earth movement to give a more precise time. This is normally done twice a year (in June and December) when the leap second data are available via the GPS. Thus for your first sync it will try to do the leap second data sync which can take much longer of upto 13mins or more. That is why you see the second hand stuck at T+P for very long time. Just be patient and wait until it completes. Do not press any button which will cancel the sync. Once done the next manual sync will be much quicker until the next leap second data available which if available will be in June and then again in December.
    Ah OK. Thanks for the info. I guess I was just being to impatient and couldn't be bothered standing in the sun for 15 mins.

Loving the watch though. I can't stop sharing at it and admiring its engineering. When I put it on though I did kinda miss my Rangeman which is good cos it means I still have a use for it with the barometer and altimeter.

Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 90 ... LastLast

Thread Information