GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all. - Page 45
Like Tree2660Likes

Thread: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Page 45 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 ... LastLast

Re: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hoffmann View Post
    Hello,

is the Lume on a
    GPW-1000-1B also as bright ?
    No, the batons are dimmer than "12" & "6"...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pete26, Aydrian, JohnQFord and 1 others like this.
    Nylon NATION Co-Conspirator
    Lug Hole Loyalist
    Chamfer Line Inspector

Finally got mine. Better late than never I guess.:)

GPW-1000-RAF .................................................. . 21 watches (LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Time4playnow, Timesurfer, Showtime240, D1cky986, Sengyoku, Raff_Christ, Chypmun77, RHJones, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Yto1312, Jantyc, Hein W, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Phantasm, Gizzmo, JohnQFord, Kawei)

GPW-1000-1B .................................................. ... 19 watches (Steelinox, Knives and Lint, D1cky986, John_Harrison, Bulldog1, Shms59, aRogue, Chrisboy, Wotch, Stan54, Emergency, Ericwanch, JSM9872, PeeDee, Fendushi, G-Frank, Mudman, Ryan Bishop, G-Shock Protection)

GPW-1000-1A .................................................. ... 19 watches (Gripmaster, Olyeller68, Timesurfer, Sleeman, GunSmoke16610, Meridian, Eric5964, Boska, Andyahs, Shaggy2002, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, Togaflexed, Devastator01, JSM9872, Suaku)

GPW-1000-4A .................................................. ... 16 watches (iJeff, Kawei, JonL, Timesurfer(2), Altan, D1cky986, Superflask, GeSte, Tgdtown, Raff_Christ, JohnQFord, Aydrian, Mrcrooka1, Foxman2k, Bobbyc02)

GPW-1000-2A .................................................. ... 11 watches (Gripmaster, Time4playnow, JonL, D1cky986, Erikm82, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Heuer_1153, GrafiXepressions, Mrcrooka1, Andyahs, Soulbridgemedia)

GPW-1000FC-1A9 ................................................. 4 watches (Time4playnow, JonL, TG8OH7, Kawei)

GPW-1000FC-1A .................................................. 1 watch (10-Dee-Q)

Together .................................................. .......... 91 watches

GGGGPPPPWWWW - Timesurfer, D1cky986 (4 watches)

GGGPPPWWW - Time4playnow, JonL, Kawei (3 watches)

GGPPWW - Gripmaster, Raff_Christ, Mrcrooka1, JohnQFord, Andyahs, JSM9872 (2 watches)

GPW - iJeff, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Gizzmo, GrafiXepressions, Aydrian, 10-Dee-Q, Foxman2k, Ericwanch, TG8OH7, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, Soulbridgemedia, Togaflexed, PeeDee, Fendushi, G-Frank, Mudman, Ryan Bishop, Bobbyc02, Devastator01, G-Shock Protection, Suaku (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

Quote Originally Posted by STEELINOX View Post
    No, the batons are dimmer than "12" & "6"...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks a trillion. Will influence my decision. I do like the dark lettering on the case, but this lume issue may kill this version for me.

I had to go 3 hours out of town and decided to wear my rangeman today. Made me realise how much I missed my beast halfway into the trip. Kept thinking, I wished I wore the beast instead.
    Kawei likes this.

Put me down as #92.

First time Casio owner and just joined this forum today to post. I started wearing reading glasses a couple years ago and wanted to find a watch with a big face so I could see it easily with and without specs. Glad I found this thread! You guys sold me on this watch after I clicked through all 45 pages of the awesome pictures you posted.

The hardest part for me was figuring out the color. Being former military I was really drawn to the RAF version and features. There were lots of comments concerning the size with some thinking this watch was too big kinda confused me. And it's hard to judge a watch on the 'Net. I just had to see this watch for myself in person. Fortunately there are two high end stores in my area (AZ Fine Time was one of them and had a mouth-drooling selection of many brands - very nice friendly guys there by the way) so I got to see the MTG and a few GPWs and the aviator line which I also liked. The GPW was the winner on size and price for me.

I'm no price negotiator and I knew what the GPWs were going for on Amazon so I just ordered there. Got next day delivery on a Saturday. As soon as I opened the box within seconds the watch hands all did their dance to figure out where I was. Just needed to set UTC -7 and I was good to go.

The only downside was the band was a little too big. I measured my wrist at 8". I ordered a tool kit off Amazon and got it delivered Sunday. I just needed to remove one link (from the 6 o'clock side) and then fine tuned the clasp pin setting and it fit perfectly. One of my pictures shows the two tools needed to remove the link. I didn't remove the band to do this by the way.

I went to Casio's site to register the watch and I was surprised they don't ask for a serial number. I noticed two unique numbers on the case back. There's a 6 digit code right above the words TOUGH SOLAR and and 8 digit code above the words SAPPHIRE GLASS. Sure hope my Amazon purchase still allows me access to warranty work or what not.

Anyway glad I found this site and I look forward to learning more!

Mark Name:  Casio.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  2.69 MBName:  Casio 2.JPG
Views: 609
Size:  1.84 MBName:  Casio 3.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  1.22 MB
    Last edited by GilbertMark; April 13th, 2015 at 04:06.
    Pete26, STEELINOX, Piowa and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GilbertMark View Post
    Put me down as #92.

First time Casio owner and just joined this forum today to post. I started wearing reading glasses a couple years ago and wanted to find a watch with a big face so I could see it easily with and without specs. Glad I found this thread! You guys sold me on this watch after I clicked through all 45 pages of the awesome pictures you posted.

The hardest part for me was figuring out the color. Being former military I was really drawn to the RAF version and features. There were lots of comments concerning the size with some thinking this watch was too big kinda confused me. And it's hard to judge a watch on the 'Net. I just had to see this watch for myself in person. Fortunately there are two high end stores in my area (AZ Fine Time was one of them and had a mouth-drooling selection of many brands - very nice friendly guys there by the way) so I got to see the MTG and a few GPWs and the aviator line which I also liked. The GPW was the winner on size and price for me.

I'm no price negotiator and I knew what the GPWs were going for on Amazon so I just ordered there. Got next day delivery on a Saturday. As soon as I opened the box within seconds the watch hands all did their dance to figure out where I was. Just needed to set UTC -7 and I was good to go.

The only downside was the band was a little too big. I measured my wrist at 8". I ordered a tool kit off Amazon and got it delivered Sunday. I just needed to remove one link (from the 6 o'clock side) and then fine tuned the clasp pin setting and it fit perfectly. One of my pictures shows the two tools needed to remove the link. I didn't remove the band to do this by the way.

I went to Casio's site to register the watch and I was surprised they don't ask for a serial number. I noticed two unique numbers on the case back. There's a 6 digit code right above the words TOUGH SOLAR and and 8 digit code above the words SAPPHIRE GLASS. Sure hope my Amazon purchase still allows me access to warranty work or what not.

Mark Name:  Casio 2.JPG
Size:  1.84 MB
    Welcome to the forum Mark. You've chosen an excellent model for your FIRST G-shock.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

GPW-1000-RAF .................................................. . 21 watches (LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Time4playnow, Timesurfer, Showtime240, D1cky986, Sengyoku, Raff_Christ, Chypmun77, RHJones, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Yto1312, Jantyc, Hein W, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Phantasm, Gizzmo, JohnQFord, Kawei)

GPW-1000-1B .................................................. ... 19 watches (Steelinox, Knives and Lint, D1cky986, John_Harrison, Bulldog1, Shms59, aRogue, Chrisboy, Wotch, Stan54, Emergency, Ericwanch, JSM9872, PeeDee, Fendushi, G-Frank, Mudman, Ryan Bishop, G-Shock Protection)

GPW-1000-1A .................................................. ... 19 watches (Gripmaster, Olyeller68, Timesurfer, Sleeman, GunSmoke16610, Meridian, Eric5964, Boska, Andyahs, Shaggy2002, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, Togaflexed, Devastator01, JSM9872, Suaku)

GPW-1000-4A .................................................. ... 16 watches (iJeff, Kawei, JonL, Timesurfer(2), Altan, D1cky986, Superflask, GeSte, Tgdtown, Raff_Christ, JohnQFord, Aydrian, Mrcrooka1, Foxman2k, Bobbyc02)

GPW-1000-2A .................................................. ... 11 watches (Gripmaster, Time4playnow, JonL, D1cky986, Erikm82, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Heuer_1153, GrafiXepressions, Mrcrooka1, Andyahs, Soulbridgemedia)

GPW-1000FC-1A9 ................................................. 5 watches (Time4playnow, JonL, TG8OH7, Kawei, GilbertMark)

GPW-1000FC-1A .................................................. 1 watch (10-Dee-Q)

Together .................................................. .......... 92 watches

GGGGPPPPWWWW - Timesurfer, D1cky986 (4 watches)

GGGPPPWWW - Time4playnow, JonL, Kawei (3 watches)

GGPPWW - Gripmaster, Raff_Christ, Mrcrooka1, JohnQFord, Andyahs, JSM9872 (2 watches)

GPW - iJeff, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Gizzmo, GrafiXepressions, Aydrian, 10-Dee-Q, Foxman2k, Ericwanch, TG8OH7, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, Soulbridgemedia, Togaflexed, PeeDee, Fendushi, G-Frank, Mudman, Ryan Bishop, Bobbyc02, Devastator01, G-Shock Protection, Suaku, GilbertMark (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

Quote Originally Posted by GilbertMark View Post
    First time Casio owner and just joined this forum today to post.

Mark Name:  Casio.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  2.69 MBName:  Casio 2.JPG
Size:  1.84 MBName:  Casio 3.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  1.22 MB

Welcome, and good choice! That would probably be my next beast as I want one with a bracelet.
    Kawei likes this.

Did it !

pulled the trigger on a GPW-1000-1B, at a store called Takeya in Tokyo. Best price I found, and I did a lot of checking .....

Will post pix tomorrow. So far so good. watch is running fine. Although even after a GPS sync, exactly 1 second behind my Breitling Aerospace, which I set up using my Wave-Ceptor ProTrek before leaving Germany. Maybe its a Leap-Second issue.

BTW, I may also acquire a PRW-6000 (the orange one), but not sure yet.
    Last edited by Robert Hoffmann; April 15th, 2015 at 03:13.
    JSM9872 and JohnQFord like this.

Page 45 of 104 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 95 ... LastLast

Thread Information