GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all. - Page 47
Like Tree2495Likes

Thread: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Page 47 of 99 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 ... LastLast

Re: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

First impressions on my GPW-1000-1B
    seen here next to my Breitling Aerospace for size comparison:

Name:  IMG_20150417_170626221.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  226.3 KB

1. CON: I find the black "counterweight" on the minute hand a bit too large, and it obscures the hour hand too much
    2. PRO: Alarm is quite loud when watch is on glass table. It woke me up today, and I snore like a woodchipper !
    3. PRO: The weight of the watch is barely noticeable after a day at Tokyo Disney Sea (walked 16400 steps according to my phone).
    4. CON: The steel "ring" on the strap could have been 0.5mm tighter, sometimes it slides off the "overflow" (or however you call the piece of leftover holed strap past the buckle)
    EDIT: 5. CON: When trying to set up the alarm for say 7:15 AM, now being 7:35 PM, the hour and minute hands almost fully obscure the alarm dial.
    here is the proof:
    Name:  IMG_20150417_194159891.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  207.8 KB
    Last edited by Robert Hoffmann; April 17th, 2015 at 12:46.
    fendushi, Aydrian, JSM9872 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872 View Post
    I basically did the same thing bobbyco. I bought the 1B, ordered the bracelet from pacparts, then found a 1A with bracelet and bought it, then canceled my bracelet order haha. I like the 1A more now so I'm keeping that one.

The 4A is definitely great looking too, something about that orange band that I really like.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We had a HUUUUUUGE discussion with my wife about the 4A.

1. She LOOOVES orange.
    2. She HAAAATES gold.

I tend to agree with her, although this is my watch, it needed to pass wife-control.

So, she wanted me to go for the orange band, but the RING on the bezel was "a bit too much on the gold side". Had it been just a TAD more coppery, and maybe the letters instead of Blue, would have been White, I would have gone for it.

But the 1B was the end decision. A bit more subtle I guess.
    JSM9872 likes this.

Wow does that Breitling look dainty. Sorry I won't go back to tiny watches now. GPW size or bigger for me from now on.

Why is it so hard to find watches this size by any other manufacturers? For example I love the Tawatec watch, but at 44 mm it's just too tiny for that much money. Ugh.
    Last edited by GilbertMark; April 18th, 2015 at 15:32.

Quote Originally Posted by GilbertMark View Post
    Wow does that Breitling look dainty. Sorry I won't go back to tiny watches now. GPW size or bigger for me from now on.

Why is it so hard to find watches this size by any other manufacturers? For example I love the Tawatec watch, but at 44 mm it's just too tiny for that much money. Ugh.

I reckon it's fads. Like the cars, in the 40's-50's they were round blobs, in the 60's-70's square, (the 80's we can forget, like the bee gees), in the 90's-00's they were blobs, and now apparently square is coming back, the new audis are all flat.

With watches it's the same I gather, thin and tiny will be back "in" in a decade or so.

Personally, if I go out to dinner with wifey, I would take the breitling, it tells the time and it's barely noticeable, both from the weight and the bulge in the shirt sleeve.
    But if I go on my motorbike for a ride, and then some swimming in the sea, then I'd rather have some real device on.
    JSM9872 likes this.

Notice what bear grylls is wearing????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pete26, MUDMAN, Piowa and 5 others like this.
    Nylon NATION Co-Conspirator
    Lug Hole Loyalist
    Chamfer Line Inspector

Oh man I have a dilemma. My wife gave me the go-ahead on this watch but my OCD is telling me that if those 4 screws are asymmetrical it will drive me nuts. So, it's between the GPW-10001A or the GWA-11001A or GWA-11002A. My question is how tight are those screws? Do you think if I needed to I could adjust them to satisfy my OCD craving. Any help is appreciated. I love all three watches that I mentioned pretty much the same and I just don't know, lol. I want all 3!!

Quote Originally Posted by armymp View Post
    Oh man I have a dilemma. My wife gave me the go-ahead on this watch but my OCD is telling me that if those 4 screws are asymmetrical it will drive me nuts. So, it's between the GPW-10001A or the GWA-11001A or GWA-11002A. My question is how tight are those screws? Do you think if I needed to I could adjust them to satisfy my OCD craving. Any help is appreciated. I love all three watches that I mentioned pretty much the same and I just don't know, lol. I want all 3!!

Being a "math" guy myself, instinct tells me that you can definitely get 3 out of the 4 screws to point in the same direction without much effort, and the 4th one you'll have to coax. By coaxing I would mean unscrew and add a small black nylon-fiber sewing string loop as washer, and screw back in.
    (say something like this here: nylon monofilament sewing thread, View monofilament sewing thread, VEKSTAR Product Details from Jinhu Vekstar Chemical Fiber Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com will probably never rot or disintegrate)
    Aydrian and armymp like this.

Where did u buy this from and how much?

GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hoffmann View Post
    Being a "math" guy myself, instinct tells me that you can definitely get 3 out of the 4 screws to point in the same direction without much effort, and the 4th one you'll have to coax. By coaxing I would mean unscrew and add a small black nylon-fiber sewing string loop as washer, and screw back in.
    (say something like this here: nylon monofilament sewing thread, View monofilament sewing thread, VEKSTAR Product Details from Jinhu Vekstar Chemical Fiber Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com will probably never rot or disintegrate)
    Does anyone know if these "screws" actually have threads or are just plugs?
    There's an exploded assy view somewhere's

Electronic post generated by human via apple interface...

Last edited by STEELINOX; April 20th, 2015 at 16:24.
    Nylon NATION Co-Conspirator
    Lug Hole Loyalist
    Chamfer Line Inspector

Page 47 of 99 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 97 ... LastLast

Thread Information