GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all. - Page 50
Like Tree2673Likes

Thread: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 100 ... LastLast

Re: Frankenizing a GPW

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hoffmann View Post
    Question to you guys,

say I finally sell my emergency, and decide to go for a second GPW-1000, say the GPW-1000FC-1A.
    Can I grab my metal bezel piece, where it says G-SHOCK PROTECTION, from my 1B, and put it on the 1A ?

I don't like the overly bright white letters there, which is one of the main reasons I went for the 1B, however, I would like the white Lume hour markers.

So then I would have one for wearing about town, and one for thrashing (i.e. sailing, swimming in the sea, driving dirtbikes, etc).

Here would be the end result sorta:
    Attachment 3766386
    Yes, you can do that. Any like part from the same model should be interchangeable. In fact I have been thinking about doing the same thing as you, well buying a spare bezel from a 1B and putting it on my 1A.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Robert Hoffmann likes this.

Re: Frankenizing a GPW

Quote Originally Posted by JSM9872 View Post
    Yes, you can do that. Any like part from the same model should be interchangeable. In fact I have been thinking about doing the same thing as you, well buying a spare bezel from a 1B and putting it on my 1A.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

same effect, 1/5th the cost. smart dude !
    I guess I better go back to sk00l.
    JSM9872 likes this.

Re: GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQFord View Post
    That's simply the result of an affliction called ... wait for it ... Dry Skin.

There are many similar pic's to this one. You set up, take the photo's ... everything looks fine ... the specks are unseen by the naked eye.

The camera lens, however, picks them up in detail. They're simply small flecks of dry skin ... nothing more.

Very aggravating if you've just done a specific shoot. Have to remember to use a lens brush on the watch first.

I recommend a bubble-bath product from Germany called "Badedas". It will cure that in a flash, plus, and don't laugh now, it makes your fingernails grow at twice the speed, don't ask me why ...

I recommend a bubble-bath product from Germany called "Badedas". It will cure that in a flash, plus, and don't laugh now, it makes your fingernails grow at twice the speed, don't ask me why ...
    That picture I posted is not of my actual watch... I just found the picture online. Thanks for your recommendation on bubble bath though, my life is now complete.
    It's not the size of the watch that counts... wait a minute, yes it is.

Oh man. I ordered mine last night and should be here on Tues. Any way to obtain an english manual (paper). Do u have any regrets getting the jf model?

Quote Originally Posted by armymp View Post
    Oh man. I ordered mine last night and should be here on Tues. Any way to obtain an english manual (paper). Do u have any regrets getting the jf model?
    No problem, I downloaded the english manual from the net, it's the qw5410.pdf document, and printed it at the hotel.
    They messed up their printer and it took a bit longer than needed, so they didn't charge me anything for that. Color Laser print ! looks like the real thing LOL.

If I knew how to upload it to here, I would.

cheers.

EDIT: here, I uploaded it to my server: http://www.servermasters.com/stuff/CASIO_qw5410.pdf
    (best thing is to print it, and then cut the pages into 8 parts, and build your booklet)
    Last edited by Robert Hoffmann; April 25th, 2015 at 16:36.
    armymp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by armymp View Post
    Bookmark this page for all Casio manuals.

Timepieces(Watches) - Manuals - CASIO

For the Beast

Timepieces(Watches) - Manuals - CASIO

Question about leap-second:

OKay, so, I just got my GPW-1000, which , on June 1st, will receive the leap-second info for this year. I would assume that ONLY comes from the GPS signal, right ?

Now, imagine the leap-second information makes the watch run "say 1 second fast",
    now, what will happen the following night, when the watch receives the standard Atomic time signal at 5 am ?
    will it "go back to whatever it was before ?"
    and if not, then will the time displayed by the GPW be different, than the time displayed by my PRW-1300, which can only get its time from the Atomic clock signal ?

Question about leap-second:

OKay, so, I just got my GPW-1000, which , on June 1st, will receive the leap-second info for this year. I would assume that ONLY comes from the GPS signal, right ?

Now, imagine the leap-second information makes the watch run "say 1 second fast",
    now, what will happen the following night, when the watch receives the standard Atomic time signal at 5 am ?
    will it "go back to whatever it was before ?"
    and if not, then will the time displayed by the GPW be different, than the time displayed by my PRW-1300, which can only get its time from the Atomic clock signal ?
    Yes, leap seconds are only used by the GPS system. The GPS system uses TAI, International Atomic Time. No efforts are made to synchronize TAI with Mean Solar Time. However UTC is kept as close as possible to Mean Solar Time through the use of leap seconds. Currently TAI and UTC are about 30 seconds different. The signals received through terrestrial radio are UTC, all leap second information has already been applied to the clock governing each transmitter before the time signal is transmitted.

You don't have to worry about syncing with the two systems though, the watch knows which signal it is syncing to and processes each signal accordingly.

BTW, the leap second info is only received when doing a time and position sync. That's why it is essential to do a T+P sync when you first get your watch, whenever you change time zones, and every June and December.
    Last edited by nelamvr6; April 25th, 2015 at 23:50.
    Robert Hoffmann likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
    Yes, leap seconds are only used by the GPS system. The GPS system uses TAI, International Atomic Time. No efforts are made to synchronize TAI with Mean Solar Time. However UTC is kept as close as possible to Mean Solar Time through the use of leap seconds. Currently TAI and UTC are about 30 seconds different. The signals received through terrestrial radio are UTC, all leap second information has already been applied to the clock governing each transmitter before the time signal is transmitted.

You don't have to worry about syncing with the two systems though, the watch knows which signal it is syncing to and processes each signal accordingly.

BTW, the leap second info is only received when doing a time and position sync. That's why it is essential to do a T+P sync when you first get your watch, whenever you change time zones, and every June and December.

Okay, it's not June 1st yet, but I just did a GPS (T+P) sync, and videoed it, next to my WaveCeptor PRW-1300. Check this out:
    NOTE, since I am in a large building, with 15 floors above me, and another large building across the park, then the GPS satellite location fails the first time, but works the second time around.
    Veredict was: after GPS syncing, the watch time matched the one on my WaveCeptor watch perfectly well.
    http://www.servermasters.com/stuff/DSC_0398.mp4
    nelamvr6 likes this.

Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 100 ... LastLast

Thread Information