WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GPW : "T H E B E A S T" THREAD OF AWESOMENESS - Title says it all.

177K views 1K replies 212 participants last post by  therion 
#1 ·
This is the official GPW B E A S T THREAD OF AWESOMENESS the only purpose of which is the glorification, showing off, celebration and general awesomisation of our BEASTs....

If you have a GPW. If you are skydiving with it from a Space Capsule. If you are driving 300kph on a race track in a Bugatti Veyron Spider. If you are piloting a WW I fighterplane. If you are eating a XL doublecheesegoldencrust megapizza with pineapples and barbecuesauce all by yourself. If you are doing anything remotely awesome while wearing your BEAST - we want to know. We want to SEE it. So far these incredible devices have been shown in their cozy little boxes, on their pillow surrounded by dark leather and golden writing.

This ends NOW! And this here is the place to show off your heroic deeds! GO! :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart :rodekaart:rodekaart

#325 ·
Nice! I snagged the GPW1000FC-1A9 and while I really like the slick look of the composite bracelet, sometimes I want the ability to adjust throughout the day and depending on activity. Would you be able to post a video on how to change straps on this particular watch? I apologize if there's already something like that but I hit up Google before-hand and can't seem to find anything.

#329 ·
Just bought this watch. Came home and did the initial GPS setup. Wow!

So count me in for one (1) GPW1000-1A

View attachment 3329290
Looks good ... feels good ... in contact with outer space ... you 'Alien', you !!! :)

'E-T phone home' ... or what ? :)

Congratulations ! Enjoy your new watch! Who wouldn't ?
|>|>|>

#327 ·
GPW-1000-RAF ................................................... 22 watches (LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Time4playnow, Timesurfer, Showtime240, Spyharpy, D1cky986, Sengyoku, Raff_Christ, Chypmun77, RHJones, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Yto1312, Jantyc, Hein W, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Phantasm, Gizzmo, JohnQFord, Kawei)

GPW-1000-1A ..................................................... 16 watches (Gripmaster, Olyeller68, Timesurfer, Sleeman, GunSmoke16610, Meridian, Phreddo, Eric5964, Boska, Andyahs, Shaggy2002, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog)

GPW-1000-4A ..................................................... 15 watches (iJeff, Kawei, JonL, Timesurfer(2), Altan, D1cky986, Superflask, GeSte, Tgdtown, Raff_Christ, JohnQFord, Aydrian, Mrcrooka1, Foxman2k)

GPW-1000-1B ..................................................... 12 watches (Steelinox, Knives and Lint, D1cky986, John_Harrison, Bulldog1, Shms59, aRogue, Chrisboy, Wotch, Stan54, Emergency, Ericwanch)

GPW-1000-2A ..................................................... 10 watches (Gripmaster, Time4playnow, JonL, D1cky986, Erikm82, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Heuer_1153, GrafiXepressions, Mrcrooka1, Andyahs)

GPW-1000FC-1A9 ................................................. 3 watches (Time4playnow, JonL, TG8OH7)

GPW-1000FC-1A .................................................. 1 watch (10-Dee-Q)

Together ............................................................ 79 watches

GGGGPPPPWWWW - Timesurfer, D1cky986 (4 watches)
GGGPPPWWW - Time4playnow, JonL (3 watches)
GGPPWW - Gripmaster, Raff_Christ, Mrcrooka1, JohnQFord, Kawei, Andyahs (2 watches)
GPW - iJeff, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Spyharpy, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Phreddo, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Gizzmo, GrafiXepressions, Aydrian, 10-Dee-Q, Foxman2k, Ericwanch, TG8OH7, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

#330 ·
GPW-1000-RAF ................................................... 21 watches (LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Time4playnow, Timesurfer, Showtime240, D1cky986, Sengyoku, Raff_Christ, Chypmun77, RHJones, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Yto1312, Jantyc, Hein W, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Phantasm, Gizzmo, JohnQFord, Kawei)

GPW-1000-1A ..................................................... 16 watches (Gripmaster, Olyeller68, Timesurfer, Sleeman, GunSmoke16610, Meridian, Phreddo, Eric5964, Boska, Andyahs, Shaggy2002, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog)

GPW-1000-4A ..................................................... 15 watches (iJeff, Kawei, JonL, Timesurfer(2), Altan, D1cky986, Superflask, GeSte, Tgdtown, Raff_Christ, JohnQFord, Aydrian, Mrcrooka1, Foxman2k)

GPW-1000-1B ..................................................... 12 watches (Steelinox, Knives and Lint, D1cky986, John_Harrison, Bulldog1, Shms59, aRogue, Chrisboy, Wotch, Stan54, Emergency, Ericwanch)

GPW-1000-2A ..................................................... 10 watches (Gripmaster, Time4playnow, JonL, D1cky986, Erikm82, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Heuer_1153, GrafiXepressions, Mrcrooka1, Andyahs)

GPW-1000FC-1A9 ................................................. 3 watches (Time4playnow, JonL, TG8OH7)

GPW-1000FC-1A .................................................. 1 watch (10-Dee-Q)

Together ............................................................ 78 watches

GGPPWW - Gripmaster, Raff_Christ, Mrcrooka1, JohnQFord, Kawei, Andyahs (2 watches)
GPW - iJeff, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Phreddo, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Gizzmo, GrafiXepressions, Aydrian, 10-Dee-Q, Foxman2k, Ericwanch, TG8OH7, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

#331 ·
Life with The Beast just keeps getting better!

I knew that the Beast was the perfect watch for travelers like me, I never have to worry about finding a spot where the terrestrial radio signals will penetrate strong enough to sync.

But now I'm home for a change, and I usually don't have any problems with all of my radio controlled watches syncing overnight. But last night for some reason none of my watches achieved sync. Atmospheric conditions can be a real .....!

But no problem with the Beast! Stand by the window, initiate time sync, 10 seconds later... voila! A perfectly synchronized timepiece!

#332 ·
My GPW1000-1B just got here today and I am absolutely floored by it. The sync took seconds, the build and weight are fantastic, and it just looks great. This is going to be getting tons of wrist time.

I've got to say, I have a 7 1/4 in wrist and it fits great in my opinion. I was worried about the size of it but it's great, doesn't feel as over sized as one would expect.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#333 ·
Quick question I am trying to figure out why it is 6:30 PM on the East Coast and my 24 hour hand is saying it is 6:00 AM the top left clock at the 10 o'clock position. I did do I hand adjustment just to make sure my hands were all sync perfectly. Could I've messed it up then? I did a GPS T+P twice and that didn't correct it.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

#335 ·
Quick question I am trying to figure out why it is 6:30 PM on the East Coast and my 24 hour hand is saying it is 6:00 AM the top left clock at the 10 o'clock position. I did do I hand adjustment just to make sure my hands were all sync perfectly. Could I've messed it up then? I did a GPS T+P twice and that didn't correct it.

View attachment 3350898
Yes, that is off, isn't it?! Actually I think your 24 hr hand is saying it is 6:29am instead of 6:29pm. It's 12 hours off. Are you saying you did a manual time adjustment? If so, you probably set the current time to am instead of pm.

In any case, I think it's time to look at the manual. Try instructions E-63 and E-64, setting time and date settings manually. Shouldn't be too hard to fix..

#334 ·
GPW-1000-RAF ................................................... 21 watches (LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Time4playnow, Timesurfer, Showtime240, D1cky986, Sengyoku, Raff_Christ, Chypmun77, RHJones, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Yto1312, Jantyc, Hein W, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Phantasm, Gizzmo, JohnQFord, Kawei)

GPW-1000-1B ..................................................... 13 watches (Steelinox, Knives and Lint, D1cky986, John_Harrison, Bulldog1, Shms59, aRogue, Chrisboy, Wotch, Stan54, Emergency, Ericwanch, JSM9872)

Together ............................................................ 79 watches

GPW - iJeff, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Phreddo, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Gizzmo, GrafiXepressions, Aydrian, 10-Dee-Q, Foxman2k, Ericwanch, TG8OH7, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, JSM9872 (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

#336 · (Edited)
Ok, this is so strange. I did the manual set and made the time 9:00PM. The 24 hour hand was now correct, but my world time was incorrect. The world time is set to NYC the same city code for my home time. So I went outside just now and did a T+P again and now the 24 hr hand says 11:00. What is wrong...

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#339 ·
Ok, this is so strange. I did the manual set and made the time 9:00PM. The 24 hour hand was now correct, but my world time was incorrect. The world time is set to NYC the same city code for my home time. So I went outside just now and did a T+P again and now the 24 hr hand says 11:00. What is wrong...

View attachment 3352754
I'm tired and may not be thinking totally clearly - but in the photo above, your 24 hr clock still seems to be showing 9:15am instead of 9:15pm (what your world time clock shows). It's still 12 hours off. When you set the time manually, did you look at the 24 hr clock to ensure that you were setting the am/pm properly? That's all I can think of right now..

#337 ·
I now just set the time manually. The time is correct and the 24 time is correct.
I pull the crown out one click in the time mode and the second hand goes to 10 o'clock (NYC), but look at my world time clock it should say 21:25, but it says 8:25, what??? So frustrating. This all started after I tried to check the hand and day home positions as explained in the manual on page 67

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#342 · (Edited)
I now just set the time manually. The time is correct and the 24 time is correct.
I pull the crown out one click in the time mode and the second hand goes to 10 o'clock (NYC), but look at my world time clock it should say 21:25, but it says 8:25, what??? So frustrating. This all started after I tried to check the hand and day home positions as explained in the manual on page 67

View attachment 3352978
Yes that is very baffling. I would just suggest setting the time manually again, and double-checking that when you do, the am/pm as indicated by the 24 hr clock is correct. If that is done correctly, and the world time clock is still not showing the correct time, then I don't understand what's going on...

Sorry, I have to get some sleep. Good luck. Hopefully this is a solvable issue.

#343 · (Edited)
Yes I believe, based on the last T+P sync you did. When you press the lower right button once, while the second hand shows whether the last attempt to sync is successful, you will also see that the indicator hand on the right moves to indicate your approximately latitude. However, I am not sure if you move to a different time zone in between sync and when it perform the next autosync whether it checks for your location too. I doubt the autosync actually sync for location too.

#340 ·
Well one more thing -- just to double check -- are your home and world times set properly using the crown? ON this watch, which is different than some other Gs, I think -- the first click out sets your WORLD time zone, and the second click your home time zone. Just thought I'd mention the obvious in case you had those backwards somehow.

Reactions: STEELINOX
#344 · (Edited)
Ok, no explanation, but I know the GPS T+P is until 10:00pm but I just went and did it. All I know is it took about 5 mins and everything spun and spun and spun and now looks correct. I am not sure what happened but I think I am back to "normal" now. Thank you guys for helping...

FYI - I am East Coast NYC time zone according to the watch

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

#345 ·
Good point T4PN - when I set the time manually I didn't look at the 24 hr (10:00) clock to see if it was am/pm. I am sure that was the issue. But then again what is strange when I did the GPS T+P earlier that should have corrected it and it didn't. Believe me the problem was ME not the watch, lol

In addition, I ordered the combo bracelet from PacParts yesterday. Says it is not in stock but I hope to get it soon, no rush.

#350 ·
slightly off topic but is there a thread for the GWN1000B??? yes i did try to search.

#352 ·
hi, my name is sbm and im in love with the beast.

from the wruwt
well this was a very unexpected surprise! i love it when the planets align and you cant avoid it if you tried!
forget the grail, i captured a unicorn!! :D :D :D

late for tank tuesday but in time for GPWednesday :-!
initial impression was... wow.. just wow. then it was.. man this band is sticky, thats gonna get annoying since i usually wear them slightly loose... then i worked out why its sticky. it needs to be so it doesnt leave indents and bruises on the back of your hand when it slides down! lol a notch tighter and it feels much better. even with its heft it wears surprisingly well.
have not been able to stop looking at it! even when i threw it on straight out the box and the time wasnt set, 3 hours of looking at the wrong time and another half hour of added dst when we dont have it lol

had to do a manual time set while i was working last night because it came with a low charge and i was trapped in a building! did give it a try tho and got the polite "no" response lol

ive always been modest in my single purchase spending but im beginning to see why ppl fork out a bit more for purchases |> this of course is not going to bode well for me or my wallet....

#353 ·

GPW-1000-1B ..................................................... 13 watches (Steelinox, Knives and Lint, D1cky986, John_Harrison, Bulldog1, Shms59, aRogue, Chrisboy, Wotch, Stan54, Emergency, Ericwanch, JSM9872)

GPW-1000-2A ..................................................... 11 watches (Gripmaster, Time4playnow, JonL, D1cky986, Erikm82, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Heuer_1153, GrafiXepressions, Mrcrooka1, Andyahs, Soulbridgemedia)

Together ............................................................ 80 watches

GPW - iJeff, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Phreddo, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Gizzmo, GrafiXepressions, Aydrian, 10-Dee-Q, Foxman2k, Ericwanch, TG8OH7, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, JSM9872, Soulbridgemedia (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

#358 ·

GPW-1000-1A ..................................................... 17 watches (Gripmaster, Olyeller68, Timesurfer, Sleeman, GunSmoke16610, Meridian, Phreddo, Eric5964, Boska, Andyahs, Shaggy2002, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, Togaflexed)

GPW-1000-2A ..................................................... 11 watches (Gripmaster, Time4playnow, JonL, D1cky986, Erikm82, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Heuer_1153, GrafiXepressions, Mrcrooka1, Andyahs, Soulbridgemedia)

Together ............................................................ 81 watches

GPW - iJeff, LukeDuke100, Cbrbamby09, Steelinox, Knives and Lint, Olyeller68, Showtime240, Altan, John_Harrison, Sleeman, Superflask, Sengyoku, GeSte, Tgdtown, GunSmoke16610, Erikm82, Chypmun77, RHJones, FilipinoTimeIsOnTime, Bulldog1, Scottydoesnt, Adam020, Shms59, aRogue, Meridian, Phreddo, Yto1312, Jantyc, Eric5964, Chrisboy, Hein W, Boska, Wotch, Flyjakey, VigilantRaven, Shaggy2002, Emergency, Phantasm, Heuer_1153, Nelamvr6, Drash11, Gizzmo, GrafiXepressions, Aydrian, 10-Dee-Q, Foxman2k, Ericwanch, TG8OH7, Steven68, Rwhite692, Bulldog, JSM9872, Soulbridgemedia, Togaflexed (1 watch)

Cheers, Piowa

#359 ·
Little late to the party but I went into my ad a couple of days ago with a blue astron chrono in mind and walked out with a 1B and loads of spare change :)

Having had the 2 side by side, it got really hard to justify paying 3x the price for the astron. Sure it was nice but definitely not 2k nicer. The GPW just stood out and the value proposition was just right so count me in!

#360 · (Edited)
Well... the urge did not last very long, because I bought one!

I did what I have not done about 20 watches ago, I actually went to a retail store and purchased the watch. The last time I did that was about 8 years ago when I bought my Oris Divers watch.

They had one in every colour except RAF version, they even have the bracelet with gold accents. The very attractive sales girl sold it to me a at a price I could not resist, cheaper than most online prices. As a bonus, I read the warranty card and it has 2 years in store replacement warranty!

So count me in, GPW-1000-1B, I decided to go for the stealthiest version.

And yes, believe the hype... cause it's real! Everything I have heard about this watch is true, it looks and feels amazing! Make no mistake, it is HUGE! But it surprisingly wears well on smaller wrists.

I truly love this beast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.