GW 5000 1JF owners report here - Page 15
Like Tree1955Likes

Thread: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

Page 15 of 91 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 ... LastLast
    TZA

Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

@vala
    coming out of customs. from SF. means its on a truck to NorCal. although weather is sketchy right now. hoping it comes through.

TZA - Blimey! Your's has updated all the way. I'm still stuck with Posting/Collection (the only detail currently for my shipment)!

Take heart! My tracking, as of 11:20am EDT this morning, said my GW-5000 was sitting at JFK in NYC. It arrived on my doorstep here in NJ at 11:22am!

TZA

just picked up my GW5K from the post office! looking good! although very similar to my dw5025d. didn't realize they were cousins!

pics will follow... maybe tomorrow. going to work. stay dry guys!
    Chrisek likes this.

TZA - Congratulations on receiving it! Looking forward to the pics.

I'm joining the club also. Bought this one barely used from a forum member. This one is a keeper.

Sent from my VS840 4G
    Tretton and Chrisek like this.

TZA

so heres mine...

and a pic with its cousin

so this is what i think about my newest acquisition. it is very well made, quality wise one of the best made in my collection. DLC is sweet, ive come to enjoy the appearance and feel of it. fits very well on my wrist. super soft and comfortable. the strap is diff shorter, im wearing it much farther down from the lugs (which fits almost identical to my 5025D). my other pickups have been froggies and muddies,so this is pleasant change. one of the best, if not the best, and crispiest displays that i have seen.

what i noticed second was WTH is up with this polished strap buckle? ugh. i know the 5000B model is the negative display and "stealthed" version but im wondering how much better it would look if there wasnt a shiny buckle on the inside of my wrist. the buttons i dont mind too much. not impressed that CASIO left out (current) time in SW and CDT from this module. my 5025D has been my companion, almost, exclusively at work and other outdoors activities bc of these two features. size was a little disappointing too. wasnt really expecting this. feels smaller than my 5025D. i know they are in the same lineage, but the bezel and strap of my 5025D almost make it feel slightly larger. i thought about swappig resins too! or maybe picking up an extra set, but they dont make the bezel (5025D) anymore.

i will be keeping this model in my collection, permanently. although ive listed several negatives above, i do enjoy this watch very much. comfort is important, and the GW5000 does not disappoint. and of course, it is a watch and the time almost POPs out at you ;) so nice to look at. do i think its worth its price... no. i dont. but for now, thisll be my backup to my 5025D bc of its similarities. i think im spoiled from previous acquisitions. or maybe reading everyone elses reviews about this piece just set my expectations too high. IDK.

whats next...?
    vala, Tretton and Chrisek like this.

TZA - looking good mate! Very understated.
    No idea what's happening with mine, ordered it last Thursday, was picked up on the Friday and has sat at Japan Post in Tokyo ever since according to the tracking!

Well I was finally made aware today that my GW-5000 was in the UK, at my local depot awaiting custom charges. All paid and I'm now in possession of the watch - AND IT'S FANTASTIC! The extra weight is not really noticeable (however I have been used to wearing heavier watches as a beater before), the supple/comfortable strap probably does it's part to offset the feeling of the weight. The legibility is definitely clearer then the GW-M5600 it replaces, and that screwback is rather nice
    One thing is the strap needs to be shortened a tad (I've got a spare one anyhow) so I'll get onto that pronto.

A big thank you to Seiya san for sorting all this out. Even when the parcel was indicating it was still in Tokyo, according to the tracking details (it still says it's over there!) he continued to contact the post office and enquire whilst keeping me in the loop.
    Not surprising that it was Parcelforce in the UK who it would seem didn't bother to update the tracking details to a UK one when it arrived on the 21/10/12 therefore neither of us could keep track of it and I was only informed as a customs charge note was posted through to me earlier today.

Anyhow he's a couple of picture's of my new beater

With the GW-M5600 it replaces (need to get this all cleaned up and ready for sale)

and the obligatory wrist shot
    Last edited by vala; October 26th, 2012 at 20:47.
    Chrisek likes this.

TZA

looking good! glad you finally received it. Seiya does do an outstanding job in customer service. great wrist shot too!

is that delay in UK customs average?

Page 15 of 91 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread Information