GW 5000 1JF owners report here - Page 23
Like Tree2213Likes

Thread: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

Page 23 of 105 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 1049
  1. #221
    LUW
    LUW is offline
    Member LUW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,696

    Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

    What do you mean by "sticks to your arm"? It's SS with an added layer of even harder (= denser) metal, the stuff used in surgical instruments exactly because it's inert to human tissues.

  2. #222
    Member Fer Guzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

    When wet it has a slight suction effect when against the skin, I've felt it when doing intense exercise.

  3. #223
    Member ice_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    676

    Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

    Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    When wet it has a slight suction effect when against the skin, I've felt it when doing intense exercise.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about..


    Tapatalk.
    Hidden Content

    Steinhart Aviation DLC.
    Steinhart Triton 100ATM DLC.
    Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr Vintage Titanium.
    Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr Limited Silver Edition.
    G-Shock GDF100 Burning Red and GX56 Red/Black.

  4. #224
    Member ice_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    676

    Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

    Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    What do you mean by "sticks to your arm"? It's SS with an added layer of even harder (= denser) metal, the stuff used in surgical instruments exactly because it's inert to human tissues.
    As what Fer have explained. It performs some kind of suction or something like that.

    I know right, I have another watch with a dlc back and titanium back. They don't stick on my skin. Although they aren't glossy or mirror finish.



    Tapatalk.
    Hidden Content

    Steinhart Aviation DLC.
    Steinhart Triton 100ATM DLC.
    Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr Vintage Titanium.
    Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr Limited Silver Edition.
    G-Shock GDF100 Burning Red and GX56 Red/Black.

  5. #225
    Member Wah_Wah_Wah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,707

    Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

    Give you a dark face.

    Name:  IMG_0926.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  61.1 KB
    MCZK and okinana like this.
    Audemars Piguet x1
    Breitling x1
    Ball x1
    Casio >160
    Glashutte Original x1
    IWC x2
    JLC x1
    Jauet Droz x1
    Nomos x1
    Omega x2
    Panerai x3
    Rolex x5
    Seiko x15
    Tudor x3

  6. #226
    Member c-dweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    45

    Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

    It is too difficult to resist and I am about to make a purchase with Chino .. is $311 shipped about the average price for these?

  7. #227
    LUW
    LUW is offline
    Member LUW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    5,696

    Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

    On evilBay you may find a better price, but from the Three Amigos (Chino-Seiya-Higuchi), though there's an added price, the service is top notch.

  8. #228
    Member c-dweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    45

    Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

    Took four days in transit and glad it arrived just before the weekend; unboxed the watch earlier this evening and it went straight on to my wrist. This watch oozes quality and truly comfortable! Needless to say but I'm rather chuffed with myself. :D
    Attached Images Attached Images

    AutoLou, avusblue, bjctsm3 and 4 others like this.

  9. #229
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Burlington, IA
    Posts
    355

    Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

    Guys, I am ready to pull the trigger on this one.

    It's $308 (shipping is free) from japanese hobby in ebay with estimated delivery between Sept 11-27 via economy shipping.

    From chino, it's $318, no mention about delivery or shipping but shipping cost is included.

    It's more expensive at seiya and I can't seem to figure out how to navigate the higuchi site.

    So where should I order from? Which one would send it to Philly quicker and safer?

    Thanks.

  10. #230
    Member Bosox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Outside of Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,165

    Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

    Quote Originally Posted by okinana View Post
    Guys, I am ready to pull the trigger on this one.

    It's $308 (shipping is free) from japanese hobby in ebay with estimated delivery between Sept 11-27 via economy shipping.

    From chino, it's $318, no mention about delivery or shipping but shipping cost is included.

    It's more expensive at seiya and I can't seem to figure out how to navigate the higuchi site.

    So where should I order from? Which one would send it to Philly quicker and safer?

    Thanks.
    okinana, pm sent.
    okinana likes this.

Page 23 of 105 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •