GW 5000 1JF owners report here - Page 33
Like Tree1966Likes

Thread: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

Page 33 of 91 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 ... LastLast

Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

Well, I absolutely hate this watch... thanks to all of you guys for making it so appealing to buy this watch... part of being a watch collector is wearing different watches at different times, but now every time I put on another watch, I miss that soft supple feel of the GW5600 strap, the easy to read numbers, atomic time keeping, and have to put it back on... I might as well sell all of my other watches because I cant seem to take this one off of my wrist... I usually have and annual budget spend on a watch for my Bday which is coming up in 3 weeks, but now there is no point... this watch has taken all of the fun out of being a watch collector...
    Sedi, Pachoe, avusblue and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrj007 View Post
    Well, I absolutely hate this watch... thanks to all of you guys for making it so appealing to buy this watch... part of being a watch collector is wearing different watches at different times, but now every time I put on another watch, I miss that soft supple feel of the GW5600 strap, the easy to read numbers, atomic time keeping, and have to put it back on... I might as well sell all of my other watches because I cant seem to take this one off of my wrist... I usually have and annual budget spend on a watch for my Bday which is coming up in 3 weeks, but now there is no point... this watch has taken all of the fun out of being a watch collector...
    I understand completely. This watch makes it hard to wear anything else. It takes time, but it can be done. Baby steps. Just a few days ago, I was able to wear my Seiko Tuna for a day. :)
    avusblue likes this.
    Seiko/Casio/Tudor

View my feedback by clicking Hidden Content .

Hidden Content me if you want to talk watches.

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto
    Hidden Content

reporting !!!

Quadka likes this.

Hidden Content
    PRX-2000T
    GW-5000B-1JR
    DW-5600C-1V
    DW-5000C-1A
    DW-8200BK-1JF
    GWF-1000B-1JR
    PRW-2500-1BJF

Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    I understand completely. This watch makes it hard to wear anything else. It takes time, but it can be done. Baby steps. Just a few days ago, I was able to wear my Seiko Tuna for a day. :)
    I dont see how it can be done... I will be traveling this year and next... I thought it would be nice to have a good GMT automatic but guess what? this watch has world time... then I thought about getting a nice dive watch for when I go snorkeling next year in the grand cayman, oh wait, this watch has a screw down case back with a 200m water resistance... I really dont see the point anymore... the only thing I can think of is if I happen to visit the Arctic, and by some chance have to wear my watch on the outside of my clothing in -10F weather, then maybe the need for something like a Sinn will present itself, other than that, whats the point :(
    avusblue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrj007 View Post
    the only thing I can think of is if I happen to visit the Arctic, and by some chance have to wear my watch on the outside of my clothing in -10F weather, then maybe the need for something like a Sinn will present itself, other than that, whats the point :(
    Is it really only -23C on arctic? Man, my GW-M5610 has easily survived those temperatures.

But I've been really pondering the purchase of the GW-5000. I have the money, but I'm wondering does it really improve my life. Will it make everything better? Will the Coca Cola Zero taste even better with the GW-5000 wrapped around my wrist? These are the questions that has been messing around in my mind. Certainly I'm thinking about buying the "grail watch" of the G-Shocks.
    avusblue, Crater and Rocat like this.
    There's a watch in my pocket and it's hands are broken, the face is blank but the gears are turnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by pocky View Post
    Will it make everything better? Will the Coca Cola Zero taste even better with the GW-5000 wrapped around my wrist?
    LOL

That's a real question, please tell us how it turns out if you decide to get the watch

Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    LOL

That's a real question, please tell us how it turns out if you decide to get the watch
    Please, don't tell to my wife, but I ordered yesterday 2 pieces of Riedel's Coca-Cola glasses. I'm 100% sure that I will report it.
    Crater likes this.
    There's a watch in my pocket and it's hands are broken, the face is blank but the gears are turnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by pocky View Post
    Is it really only -23C on arctic? Man, my GW-M5610 has easily survived those temperatures.

But I've been really pondering the purchase of the GW-5000. I have the money, but I'm wondering does it really improve my life. Will it make everything better? Will the Coca Cola Zero taste even better with the GW-5000 wrapped around my wrist? These are the questions that has been messing around in my mind. Certainly I'm thinking about buying the "grail watch" of the G-Shocks.
    No, it definitely gets colder than -10F in the Arctic, but I was under the impression that is the lowest temp the GW5000 will function... as far as will it improve overall quality of life? Yes... Think about it, would you rather your house burned down with the GW5000 on your wrist or not? Would you rather one of your children be born and you know to the exact second their time of birth, or would you rather trust the wall clock at the hospital? In any situation it will probably be the most comfortable watch you have ever worn so yes, life will always be better with the GW5000.
    pocky likes this.

I'm totally drinking the GW-5000 Kool-Aid thus far. It's very gentlemanly in its stock form, and awesomely wearable. With the bull bars added on, it's starting to feel kind of badass. When I have the money to spring for the bracelet, it will be in full-on grail mode.

Over the last several years, may favorite G-Shocks have been the GW-5600J and the DW-5600C. I'm starting to feel as though the GW-5000 will surpass them both for everyday wear. They all have their advantages, but the GW-5000 seems to be the most well rounded of all the squares.
    dirkpitt73 and avusblue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post
    the GW-5000 seems to be the most well rounded of all the squares.
    LOL
    Crater likes this.

Page 33 of 91 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread Information