GW 5000 1JF owners report here - Page 36
Like Tree2130Likes

Thread: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 86 ... LastLast

Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

Below is my GW-5000 that I have had for approx 3 ½ weeks. I put the combo bracelet on it and it is so comfy!

So five minutes ago I just ordered my second GW-5000 from Seiya-san. I plan on trying a nato/zulu strap on the second GW-5000. I received two sets of end link converters from County Comm so I can attach a nato/zulu strap. I will post photos once I do the strap change.

Also my watch is 201D269C = 269th day of 2013 = September 26, 2013

Name:  IMG_4763.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  218.6 KB
    Last edited by Bulldog; January 14th, 2014 at 17:43.
    Quadka, JME, Chrisek and 1 others like this.
    Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis1 View Post
    A few posts back there's a post about how to tell the date using the serial #. If I buy one from Seiya-San would I get old stock?
    It's likely you will get newer stock, but no can assure you of that other than Seiya himself, I would just ask him.

JME

Right! The GW-5000 is here and on my wrist as a type. I won't be posting pics - it's a standard GW-500-IJF. But here are my initial thoughts:

It's small, it's understated, the rubber feels nice to the touch, the wear is light weight and comfortable with absolutely zero 'watch flop' for me. The face is clean, clear and easy to read.

The buttons are no problem (some reports of being awkward) to operate, the back light is good. I've not yet tried the alarm but it won't be used to wake me up.

So then my opinion: At first glance it looks like any old cheap two bob digital watch, or understated classic if your more of a romantic........ This I like, I'm not flash and I like classic. On closer inspection you can notice the screw back and coating which give a subtle quality feel, the strap isn't a stiff plastic but a smooth comfortable soft rubber. For a G-Shock it's slimline and unobtrusive.

If you like Lamborghini or Ferrari then maybe this watch ain't for you, but if you prefer a nice modern 911 or Aston then you may well like the GW-5000..........

To my eye the GW looks a serious piece of kit, but in a very different way to how my Frog 1000 presented - that was more about shouting yeah I'm hear let's have. Where as the GW sits there quietly unassuming but confidently able deal with what's presented.

All in all no negatives and a feel good factor. Nothing is forever but the GW feels like my Omega which is a keeper.
    Ottovonn and pocky like this.
    Omega Seamaster Professional Black Face 'Bond'
    Casio G-Shock GW-5000-IJF

Off Topic post Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

I'm glad you're enjoying yours. I've been an avid flipper of sorts in the past, going after bigger game. My GW-5000 was a spur of the moment purchase that I intended on flipping after trying it out. I've since kept it for over half a year. It's been the only watch that I simply enjoy wearing. I have other favorites that I switch to based on my mood or the situation, but the GW's the watch I always come back to. It may have even cured my compulsion to buy watches -- not entirely, I'm currently thinking about adding a Rangeman or a Frogman later this year.

The GW-5000 may not be the flashiest G, but I believe that its quality and comfort make it outlast the novelty of most watches even beyond the G-shock line.
    Chibatastic, JME, Dino7 and 1 others like this.
    Seiko/Casio/Tudor

View my feedback by clicking Hidden Content .

Hidden Content me if you want to talk watches.

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto
    Hidden Content

Moderator Omega and Apple Forum Chibatastic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JME View Post
    Right! The GW-5000 is here and on my wrist as a type. I won't be posting pics - it's a standard GW-500-IJF. But here are my initial thoughts:

It's small, it's understated, the rubber feels nice to the touch, the wear is light weight and comfortable with absolutely zero 'watch flop' for me. The face is clean, clear and easy to read.

The buttons are no problem (some reports of being awkward) to operate, the back light is good. I've not yet tried the alarm but it won't be used to wake me up.

So then my opinion: At first glance it looks like any old cheap two bob digital watch, or understated classic if your more of a romantic........ This I like, I'm not flash and I like classic. On closer inspection you can notice the screw back and coating which give a subtle quality feel, the strap isn't a stiff plastic but a smooth comfortable soft rubber. For a G-Shock it's slimline and unobtrusive.

If you like Lamborghini or Ferrari then maybe this watch ain't for you, but if you prefer a nice modern 911 or Aston then you may well like the GW-5000..........

To my eye the GW looks a serious piece of kit, but in a very different way to how my Frog 1000 presented - that was more about shouting yeah I'm hear let's have. Where as the GW sits there quietly unassuming but confidently able deal with what's presented.

All in all no negatives and a feel good factor. Nothing is forever but the GW feels like my Omega which is a keeper.
    Just so we're clear, your saying these cars are understated?

Nearly spit out my coffee
    hehe

Banned

Car analogys never work... Lol

JME

Quote Originally Posted by Chibatastic View Post
    Just so we're clear, your saying these cars are understated?

Nearly spit out my coffee
    hehe
    Just so we're clear compared to this yes.

http://media.caranddriver.com/images...s-1280x782.jpg

i can only see the 911 you've posted by the way :)

JME

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis1 View Post
    Car analogys never work... Lol
    Really? oh ok mate......lol

http://autoworld.com/UploadedImages/...1373454743.jpg

JME

And for anyone else being picky. Here is my car comparison of the GW 5000 IJF

http://www.apetogentleman.com/wp-con...911-960-11.jpg
    Rocat likes this.

I think the GW-5000 is more like a Mercedes G65 AMG:

Sturdy, will last a lifetime, can go in the dirt. Looks haven't changed much in the last 30 years. Form follows function. Loads of high-tech stuff under the bonnet. But a bit pricy.

The DW-5600E is more like a Lada Niva:

Same reasons as above sans the high-tech stuff and more accessibly priced.
    Chibatastic, Crater, pocky and 2 others like this.

Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread Information