GW 5000 1JF owners report here - Page 8
Like Tree2131Likes

Thread: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast

Re: GW 5000 1JF owners report here

Ditto!!!!! :)

ayn
    Quick question. Does this module display dual timezones in timekeeping mode? I went over the manual and it seems like it doesn't do that. My King does and it's a feature I find very useful. (vs going into WT mode and coming out of it with 3 subsequent button presses).

I agree with everyone's posts above. Is this G ridiculously overpriced...Yup, does it change the game for modules and functions, nope, but is it one of the best G's out there, I think it is. I've been wearing my GWM5600 and GW5600-J now for a while and I absolutely love the simple layout and design of the watch. There are no gimmicky G-shock graphs and circles plastered all over the thing. It just gets down to business and displays the time and date cleanly and crisply. It's funny that one of the smallest G's out there has some of the biggest digits an easy to read displays. After being able to handle a GW-5000 for a short while, and after recently purchasing a GW200Z Frogman, I realized how nice it is having a solid feeling G with a screwback. It completely changes the feel of the watch. I wish they would do this with more G's. It could be done relatively cheaply. As others have mentioned, I'm sure we could live without the DLC coating for a significant price drop. For an everyday wear G that will look good in a suit or casual with jeans, has a high quality feel, and IMO, the best display out there, The GW-5000 is the most ideal G available for me. So....I ended up ordering 2! Can't wait!
    Last edited by scooby; June 1st, 2012 at 19:13.
    wuyeah, avusblue, Chrisek and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content C Hidden Content

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy sh@# we don't need" - Tyler Durden

"I have beaters for my beaters" -Me

Quote Originally Posted by ayn View Post
    Quick question. Does this module display dual timezones in timekeeping mode? I went over the manual and it seems like it doesn't do that. My King does and it's a feature I find very useful. (vs going into WT mode and coming out of it with 3 subsequent button presses).
    It doesn't display dual timezone.
    ayn likes this.

ayn

Bummer, oh well. My fiancee lives in TPE so I usually have that displayed in the dual clocks on the King (which has already been sold pending funds). My mechanical GMT watches have the GMT hand on TPE time as well. :) I'm moving to TPE later this month for a few months so I guess I technically won't need dual timezone anymore. :)

I just checked Chino's site and it is already sold out! Glad I pulled the trigger right away. I read the manual and was glad that it will pick up the Japan atomic signal in TPE.

Well my first GW 5000 arrived today from Seiya. At first I though the back looked mottled until I remembered to remove the protective plastic. Really nice, understated watch. Easy to read, comfortable to wear. I see myself wearing this a lot, understand the hype.

T
    Chrisek likes this.

I don't know how many people here have seen the episode of South Park where Tweak's dad extols the virtues of his family's brand of coffee in particularly over-sentimental nostalgic tones, but that's basically how I find myself composing sentences when I try to describe the warm happy feeling that only a GW-5000 can bring.

Name:  icon_slayer.gif
Views: 1818
Size:  439 Bytes

Anyone notice that the solar cell on the newer release is a bit more blueish than purpleish and, to me at least, the newer version's glass looks a tiny bit smaller which I believe makes the buttons slightly easier to press, but nonetheless still difficult. At the end of the day they are both awesome.

This is how I describe the watch haha:

wuyeah and Chrisek like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    Anyone notice that the solar cell on the newer release is a bit more blueish than purpleish and, to me at least, the newer version's glass looks a tiny bit smaller which I believe makes the buttons slightly easier to press, but nonetheless still difficult. At the end of the day they are both awesome.

This is how I describe the watch haha:

NICE...hahaha.....

Mine is mixture of blue and purple. It is not blue evenly through out, has purple stripes on it. It can only be view under certain light situation when observe carefully.
    Not sure if yours is blue evenly or has stripes of purple. Same as one on Seiya's image.

Name:  g_gw_5000_1jfa.jpg
Views: 3217
Size:  61.3 KB
    Last edited by wuyeah; June 4th, 2012 at 20:56.

ayn

Got mine! Chino shipping was super fast! Ordered last Thursday evening, got to SF this (Monday) morning. Didn't have to pay any import duty. The solar cell looks more grey/blue on mine, I like it.

Name:  7338262120_31f6bfe40e_h.jpg
Views: 1836
Size:  522.8 KB

Name:  7338264686_02aea67ad5_h.jpg
Views: 1736
Size:  498.7 KB

Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information